gdf

Life

Beware of health and ammo pickups next to lonely palm trees. They're usually traps.

I am back! I have been traveling for about 16 hours and the room seems kind of wobbly, so some sleep seems in order.

Hurrah! I missed you Poo! Have a good time? (FB pictures suggest you did)

Huh. My Gmail just got hacked for the second time ever... (From someone North of Paris -- makes a change from the usual hackers, I guess?).

Weird thing is: The previous time it happened was when I was just going to LA last year... which is what I'm about to do tomorrow. Strange coincidence!

That is all.

Not that it helps now, but you should activate two-factor authentication for yor Google stuff. It's a bit of a hassle when you need to generate a new code every month, but you can feel ultra-safe that nobody can hack your firewall codes.

I may do that. It's interesting because people seem to be hacking my session, rather than my password... because they never change it. They just send some terrible, broken-English spam. This time I supposedly sent a message saying:

Wow! It�s so delighted!

http://jourj-evenement.fr/LINK-CENSORED

If you're going to spend the time hacking people's GMail accounts, you should at least make sure the messages you send look remotely legit, IMO.

I've booted the French session using the "Details" link at the bottom of the GMail page, but I'll look into the double authentication. Thanks.

Yeah, if you don't use https the session is vulnerable for hijacking. You should turn on "always use https" in General settings, though that sometimes breaks functionality if you're using third party stuff that doesn't support it (for some reason their Gmail notifier doesn't support https).

Yeah, I heard they were going to enable it by default, but when I checked my settings today it was set to "not always", so there you are.

Yeah, I heard they were going to enable it by default, but when I checked my settings today it was set to "not always", so there you are.

Yeah, mine is just blank. Guess that blog is actually very wrong. There's a useful page from Google explaining it all here (and how to fix problems with their notifier, etc.).

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=74765

Mine uses HTTPS, although it's possible I set it to do so in the past and just forgot about it. I do that all the time. I'll read something like, "Hey, you should do this, it takes mere seconds and it's good for you!" and then... just forget that I did it.

Hurrah! I missed you Poo! Have a good time? (FB pictures suggest you did)

I had a most excellent fun time, thank you very much. :D Did a lot of different things, had some good adventures. I'll tell you all about how we made MrDean give a dollar to a stripper and how he got a free private dance thanks to his awkward nature and foreign accent. :tup::grin:

I also went shooting, to an american football match, karting and Halloween parades. Also went to the Bodies exhibit, with all the real dead people and the muscles and stuff. Was quite fascinating.

For my sins, I ma back in the US.

TOP TIP: Take drugs before you get on the plane, then drink booze while in the air. The hours will pass like minutes.

What kind of drugs?

On the flight to Serbia I took some kind of sleeping pill, and it made me claustrophobic and restless and anxious and made the hours pass like days. So obviously I'm doing it wrong.

I was prescribed Lorazepam (Ativan) and it worked q well for me when combined with 3 gin and tonics. They don't recommend mixing booze with benzos, but I felt okay doing it because I've done it before, at home.

Having paid a little extra for a bulkhead seat (with no-one reclining into my face) made it easier to drop off to sleep.

Whenever the future prospect of long (+6 hours) flights comes up, my mind instantly wanders to elaborate, complicated modes of non-air-based travel such as train rides or sea voyages across the globe.

Either that or a glorious future in which you are put into stasis before a flight and don't notice any of it. It's not the flying itself that kills me, it's the half year before that where I can't sleep well and wake up in distress at night.

Tomorrow we'll have another "crisis meeting" about a project that might be slipping. It's the 3rd (or 4th, lost count) crisis meeting. I'm sure we'll get things done by talking about it.

YOU GUYS!!! THERE'S A CRISIS YOU GUYS!!! YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT!! DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A CRISIS!! 'CAUSE THERE IS!!! ...now please return to actually trying to resolve it.

"Stop working, we are having a crisis meeting! Okay.. so basically.. shouldn't you be working?"

I love our project meetings now that there is even more ridiculous, upper-level university bullshit going on. It's like listening to Kafka audiobook! I would probably cry if I cared, but I don't, so I laugh.

Professor Angelini, the world renowned cardiac surgeon, once said in response to someone's demand for something or other:

'I'm afraid a crisis on your side, does not represent an emergency on mine'

It's perfect for bullshit 'crises'

yeah but you rather have to be a renowned surgeon to carry THAT one off