gdf

Life

It's a universally acknowldeged fact. Teenagers fucking suck. You too will realize this once you are no longer biased by being one.

It's a universally acknowldeged fact. Teenagers fucking suck. You too will realize this once you are no longer biased by being one.

Ha ha ha. Yes, yes. I actually want this forum to have some lame social networking "heart" function or something. I guess I'll go back to basics.

THIS.

This idea of 'teenagers suck' can quite easily be made to hold for just about any phase of life. I am often all too aware of my suckitude, and the notion that in five years time I will feel stupid for my current thoughts.

Sometimes I feel this might be the reason that at 28 I still feel immature, not in the sense of being crass, but not having a strong adult character. Had I less awareness of how my relative dumbness ever shifts further into the future, I might progress quicklier and with less doubt by sheer force of arrogance alone.

Thesis summary: the unknowing arrogance of youth/teens/whatever age might actually help people mature and do interesting things with confidence.

Yep, I think that's a lot closer to the mark. I remember a stand-up comedian doing a routine that I can't find now, otherwise I'd link to it. But the basic premise was that people in their 20s are just as bad as a stereotypical teenager, and really they should shut the fuck up, because they don't know anything about anything.

I found it hilarious when I was in my 20s. Of course, people in their 30s are above ridicule, either... From Judd Apatow's Funny People:

Any other 40-year-olds out there tonight? In their 40s?

It's funny. In your 20s you're like,

"Fuck you, man. Fuck that shit. Fuck my parents. I don't need none of that shit."

In your 30s you're like, "Fuck the President. Fuck that guy, that fucking asshole."

In your 40s you're like, "I'm hungry."

(AUDIENCE LAUGHING)

"What do we have in the fridge?"

If that's true, I'm looking forward to being 40.

I imagine that a bunch of humans growing up in the same environment are going to have some similarities.

Your response, for example, was quite similar to the that of the 20 year old's.

Man, it's hard to be sarcastic around here...

I agree. Jokes, people, jokes. Only 23 myself, and the majority of my classmates, etc. drive me fucking crazy.

I'm 18 and I couldn't be less like 90% of my generation. If anything I identify more with my parents' generation than my own, at least some parts of it anyway. (Particularly their family values.) For the record, I understand that everyone here is mostly joking.

In life news: I spent the last 2 weeks or so coding an update to a Persona 4 HUD skin for Rainmeter in a combination of Lua and whatever the .ini file that Rainmeter runs from only to discover that it had already been done far more extensively than I had. What's more, it had been done by a guy i've seen around on GiantBomb recently. What a twist.

Edited by Thompson

4 years until I'm 40.

Er. WHAT? That is a very alien thought indeed.

That reminds me of me in 6 years.

I know it's all ridiculous, and I know you all think I'm a whiny teenager, but unfortunately that doesn't change the way I feel right now. ie. bad. :tdown:

And that reminds me of me in 6 years.

Well played. If I was the hat carrying kind,... you'd know the deal.

I know it's all ridiculous, and I know you all think I'm a whiny teenager, but unfortunately that doesn't change the way I feel right now. ie. bad. :tdown:

I know, it is really fucked up, but there is no way to really, persuasively convey to you that shit gets better. It does. All of your woes are typical and dealable-with and will be irrelevant with the slightest of hindsights. You just gotta trust us. :tup:

I know, it is really fucked up, but there is no way to really, persuasively convey to you that shit gets better. It does. All of your woes are typical and dealable-with and will be irrelevant with the slightest of hindsights. You just gotta trust us. :tup:

sledge-hammer-david-rasche-0.jpg

Edited by toblix

For viewers at home, toblix posted that because I had written "That reminds me of me of me in 6 years." in response to miffy, but I deleted the message because I forgot I'm not 18.

That's ok, I'm not 24 for 2 months yet. I was just fudging numbers for the sake of comedy.

Speedy, nobody thinks any less of you for feeling shit. That's life, and especially life when you're a teenager. No matter how far removed you get from that, it's a common thing that everyone remembers. Most of us, I'm fairly sure, are reading your posts thinking "Man, I remember when things like that mattered this much to me" with a twinge of nostalgia. Then we come to our senses and are glad that we've altered our minds in whatever way so that this doesn't happen anymore. We've been there, and we get it. Don't feel bad about wanting to express it. I'm sure that at one time or another, particularly if the internet was already a thing when we were coming of age, we've posted something similar. If it helps, more often than not I have to be reminded of your age in order to not just assume that you're also in your mid-twenties. That goes for all the teens on here. I'm happy this forum turned out that way.

Ya see, we kinda leveled up. Our concerns evolved—while you're still fighting the wussy blue jellies from the intro or whatever.

:tdown::poring:

Fig. 1;

Wow, these dudes are weird.

That's ok, I'm not 24 for 2 months yet. I was just fudging numbers for the sake of comedy.

No, no; I literally forgot. I'm a bit tired and I've got a day's worth of interdisctrict competitions to deal with tomorrow. #lifethread