gdf

Life

INTERBANG?

ZgRqS_YzR0c

I had a job interview today it was only for a part time job at the concession stand at a cinema and it felt too short, they only asked me for my availability and experience.

I always feel paranoid when the interview is short, I feel like it means I failed.

Did I mention I got the hour wrong and had to go there twice? They never mentioned whether it was AM or PM and it's been so long since I've been to the cinema I didn't know they only opened in the afternoon. :frusty:

Ha. That has to do with what I mentioned about it not being weird that they'd call on a weekend. Again, as a cinema manager, don't sweat it too hard. The interview was likely short because they don't need to grill you too hard in order to work at a concession stand. The gig is pretty laid back most of the time, so they won't need to know a tonne of details about you. Hell, I think the last time we hired someone, the interview was a phone call when we asked if they were still interested and when they were able to come in for training. If you got it, sweet. If you didn't, don't worry about it too much. Places like that get a lot of resumes, and it really just comes down to luck more than anything else which ones get pulled for even a call-back. That you made it that far is a good sign.

Well, they said that if they didn't call in a week that means I didn't get the job, but the major downside I see to this job is the working hours.

I don't mind working late, but I don't have a car and it looks like there might not be public transport that late, so I might be a bit screwed.

Well, they said that if they didn't call in a week that means I didn't get the job, but the major downside I see to this job is the working hours.

I don't mind working late, but I don't have a car and it looks like there might not be public transport that late, so I might be a bit screwed.

Yup, that is exactly what sucks about working at a theatre. On the other hand, it allows me to go to school during the day, so there are advantages to the weird hours as well.

So communication has now completely broken down/disappeared between myself and the girl I mentioned a couple pages back. This makes me sad, but I guess it's a longer game? Pratfalls in the short term can lead to good things in the long, aye?

So communication has now completely broken down/disappeared between myself and the girl I mentioned a couple pages back. This makes me sad, but I guess it's a longer game? Pratfalls in the short term can lead to good things in the long, aye?

Aye. I don't have a longterm relationship of any description that hasn't had its moments of problems.

The girl who stopped talking to you when she found out your age and then acted like nothing had happened? She's not talking to you again?

Umm, maybe, actually, you should shift your sights elsewhere. Thunderpeel, you are right, but I don't know if one can actually consider this a long-term relationship at any point in its existence.

The girl who stopped talking to you when she found out your age and then acted like nothing had happened? She's not talking to you again?

Umm, maybe, actually, you should shift your sights elsewhere. Thunderpeel, you are right, but I don't know if one can actually consider this a long-term relationship at any point in its existence.

Aye, I know and agree with the latter part. I'm actually making a conscious effort to not talk to her right now myself - ignoring Twitter, instagram, and not texting her. If she were to text me, I'd reply of course - I'm no asshole - but I'm trying to do this to get over her and move on.

Not entirely sure whether it's working or not, to be honest. :P

Awesome! Is this at the place that we were talking about on Steam? Congrats!

EDIT: Corrected for colloquial register. I wrote that as I would say it and it looked stupid. I guess I really am meant to be an English teacher.

Awesome! This the place we were talking about on Steam? Congrats!

Yep and thanks!

I'm actually making a conscious effort to not talk to her right now myself - ignoring Twitter, instagram, and not texting her. If she were to text me, I'd reply of course - I'm no asshole - but I'm trying to do this to get over her and move on.

So you're taking my advice?

Ugh... my internet connection is broken. And Steam insists in downloading a Steam patch, which takes ages over UTMS. Maybe I should boot my old PC which has more games installed (and activated).

Got to love DRM.

Of course it would be impossible to play any recent Ubisoft or Blizzard game right now.

So you're taking my advice?

Oh, you're not the only person to have suggested this to me. I'm just a weak, small-minded, ignorant asshole.

But mostly I'm weak :(

Oh, you're not the only person to have suggested this to me. I'm just a weak, small-minded, ignorant asshole.

Mostly you're too negative about yourself and your life. No need.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Nope, you're just a teenager.

I'm pretty sure Patters has nailed it there. In 5 years, you'll feel silly for having placed this much weight on this situation. Basically, good on you for realizing that worrying about this isn't worth your time and moving forward.

In 5 years, you'll feel silly for having placed this much weight on this situation. Basically, good on you for realizing that worrying about this isn't worth your time and moving forward.

Don't believe Miffy! It won't take 5 years.

True, it will take significantly less than that. I'm just saying that if he happens to reflect on this in 5 years time, it will still seem silly.