gdf

Life

I was going to weigh in on the comma thing, but pretty much all my opinions and intuitions regarding punctuation are based on analogies with speech, and I putting that into words makes me feel like a complete idiot.

Good luck with those recent developments, Tanu!

Most people would probably say "the strippers: JFK and Stalin" if they were trying to say JFK and Stalin are strippers, anyway.

Being a doctor, I'm more familiar with the colon, than the semi colon. I can recommend getting to grips with a colon, it can be very rewarding.

What can you tell me about periods?

:period:

Let me just underscore the hash we've made of this topic.

Mmm, that's what I'm having for breakfast decided.

_#?

Don't award these dreadful puns, Patters. I think we should oppose trophies.

Don't award these dreadful puns, Patters. I think we should oppose trophies.

Damn. Just... damn. I'm pretty sure that's topped it.

EDIT: Also, Tanu: speaking as a cinema manager, it's certainly not uncommon for us to give a call back on a weekend day. In my theatre's case, Saturday and Sunday are the only days when anyone is there before 6pm, so those are the only days when we would do something like that. Good luck with it!

Tanu, good luck with the interview. I hope it goes well, and if it doesn't, don't despair, just be determined to find more.

If there is one time when I would never pick on your English, it's now when you've been telling us how much trouble life is making for you. Don't worry about commas :tup:

Excellent.

Is that your mate holding a phone out the side of the car? I may have a project to do involving that at some point… :)

Excellent.

Is that your mate holding a phone out the side of the car? I may have a project to do involving that at some point… :)

It is indeed.

...and if you need someone to provide the car for such an experiment, well, you have my number :)

Edited by Scrobbs