gdf

Life

Or you could go to the fucking Rembrandt Toilet and look at fucking Rembrandt while taking a dump.

As an added bonus, there are a lot of signs, so you always know where everything is. Just follow the signs! Shame you're just passing through!

Personally I think you've done a very lovely job, ThunderPeel. I like it a lot, it's pretty.

Thanks, Sal. Without wanting to get too serious for a moment, I value every bit of feedback, even negative. If someone doesn't like something then it's very helpful if they can say what, and even better if they can offer improvements. I love that because it's very constructive. People are coming together and giving their time and energy to a project, willing it to be the best it can. It's wonderful. I also totally understand that any project isn't going to be to everyone's tastes, so I don't criticism personally.

The only thing that irks me is when someone says something like, "I don't think you shouldn't even try". This isn't helpful in any way, and is potentially very destructive (possibly veering discussion into pointless "should they/shouldn't they" debate, and also deflating people's enthusiasm -- which is the very fuel a project like this runs on). Plus it shows a bizarre sense of egotism; As if I'm about to scrap a project I've been planning for over a decade, and which myself and others have already spent hours of our lives on.

(Imagine if I suggested a certain internet cartoonist scrap their entire project simply because I didn't like it... and then get frustrated and annoyed when the project wasn't scrapped? What kind of ego must I have?)

Anyways, in short: I'd gladly switch some Kingz for some Limones right now.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

I have been kidding for a while now. I thought this was a game. ;( I think you may have been misinterpreting my tone from the getgo. I am curious to see how this plays out. I would also maybe like to see if you guys can get a deformable mesh for Glottis and the pneumatic tube repairman and the rest of the fleshy peeps.

(Imagine if I suggested a certain internet cartoonist scrap their entire project simply because I didn't like it... and then get frustrated and annoyed when the project wasn't scrapped? What kind of ego must I have?)

The Internet does weird things to people. A related phenomenon which particularly irritates me is the following:

Person A: I have problem X with program Y. I suggest it could be solved by making improvement Z.

Person B: Problem X doesn't affect me, so I don't think the developers should bother with improvement Z.

Person A: Thank you for your input.

I don't know how common that is, but it's something I've seen several times and it really winds me up.

So Sal Limones and myself are going to Ye Olde Countree :oldman: for three weeks. We're flying out Monday and hopping through Amsterdam on way to Belgrade. Anything interesting one can do at the Amsterdam airport or thereabouts for an hour or so between flights?

From memory, Schipol is about 20-40 minutes away from the 'Dam. Stay in the airport.

The Internet does weird things to people. A related phenomenon which particularly irritates me is the following:

Person A: I have problem X with program Y. I suggest it could be solved by making improvement Z.

Person B: Problem X doesn't affect me, so I don't think the developers should bother with improvement Z.

Person A: Thank you for your input.

I don't know how common that is, but it's something I've seen several times and it really winds me up.

Yes, I've seen that too. It's a weird thing. Another one I've seen is:

Fan: Wow, I really love your project. It would be great if you could <improvement idea>.

Project Leader: Well why don't you just do it yourself if you think you can do better?! We're doing this for free you know!

Fan: Uh... ok.

People are weird.

As much as I like you all, maybe I shouldn't read certain threads in this forum before waking up fully. . . :erm:

Don' wanna. :violin:

Just reading a thread before sleeping and then coming back and reading it while hazy leads to some weird misinterpretation/thoughts.

Like wanting to yell at TP for not standing up to Kingz, because my sarcasm/satire detection doesn't kick in until I have a few glasses of tea in me. :mock:

Glad you didn't overreact or anything. ;(

Anyway, sorry about that and good to know everything is okay again. The whole discussion has seemed more than a little confusing on the outside.

Edited by Nappi

Most likely yes. I had only seen the ones on Plug your shit thread and was completely amazed by the tone of the two of your posts that followed Kingzjester's European tour announcement.

Most likely yes. I had only seen the ones on Plug your shit thread and was completely amazed by the tone of the two of your posts that followed Kingzjester's European tour announcement.

Wow, completely amazed? Cool. Those two posts were just continuing the joke that I was persecuting Kingz with my sarcasm (although the second one got stronger).

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

So, you're already passing through Schiphol today, so there's nothing more I can say than you can't do or see shit in one hour in Schiphol. Though they have a lovely park area nowadays!

I figure I should ask here, as we have a resident mad scientistman of medicine and you're all terrible clever.

Other than one of the three trillion prescription sleeping aids, might anyone recommend anything for serious insomnia/whatever the hell is killing me? I've had it for most of my life in light bouts from time to time, usually when I've been stressed (college, finals in highschool, etc) but it's really starting to get worse. I've been getting about 3 hours of sleep lately, and then lying in bed for a solid two hours before giving in and starting my day. This is after sitting up doing nothing for a while at night, mind.

I'm starting to go a little nuts.

^^ Tire yourself out. Go mountain walking, biking for a few hours/day. Should do the trick. Great stress reliever as well.