gdf

Life

Man, fucking Europeans. We fucked everything up, for everybody. Sad to hear about your job, Miffy. You seemed to be going cool places, but now you're getting short-changed.

I dunno man, your brother is being way to passive-aggressive about something here. Price of water is no good reason whatsoever for anything. It is just a bad convenient excuse.

If the water bill is really weirdly huge, maybe you should look if there is some sort of leak or something in the house, because I can't imagine it really being any kind of issue with even the most excessive of human cleanlinesses. It is summer in central Texas during an epic drought season, yes, there are water restrictions and everything—still, dollar-for-dollar, a much better argument for your bro to be using would be that she's warming up the apartment and wasting precious kWh of your AC.

What about what subbes asked? That seems like the most likely reason for his tetchiness.

Man, fucking Europeans. We fucked everything up, for everybody.

wait wut?!

wait wut?!

No, don't question it, definitely Europeans faults.

:grin:

Yea, you dang forreners, messing up the Former Colonies.

wait wut?!

Europeans colonizing the world, enslaving people, fucking up countries. That stuff we did five hundred years ago. That was some bullshit.

From the other topic:

But I will take your prayer, kind sir, and funnel it into getting a job in the coming months, which I do sorely need.

On a related note, say that I wanted to live in Japan for a while and sustain myself there through some, 'job', let's vulgarly name it, does any of you have any leads on how to do that? I speak half a word of Japanese. Ideally there'd be some programme or other, but they've all dried up in this climate. I'm looking at my options.

How are you at teaching English to foreigners? That's the usual route.

I have no idea! Do I have to engage with the yakuza? I hear they pretty much run that business.

The JET programme seems all but dried up, at least for the Netherlands. I don't hold out much hope for a programma, though it would be ideal.

I celebrated the first year anniversary with my girlfriend today. Hurray. :)

(Also, sorry for not giving advice to you guys, despite all the warm and helpful advice you've given me. I rarely have anything helpful to say, so I keep my mouth shut in the hopes you know my thoughts are with you.)

Edited by Kroms

Update: That girl who I asked out recently (was talking about it in this thread) who gently declined my offer...she said to me, out of the blue "So what do you do during the school year? Because you seem way too smart and funny to be just doing this job all the time." It felt incredible to hear that. I get the impression that she likes me, but didn't want to get involved in anything because she's leaving for law school shortly etc...I was very pleased to get such a high compliment from someone I really respect and I think I can use the memory as a tool to provide me with confidence in the future.

I may have mentioned this when it happened last month, but my parents moved out of the country without telling me.

(That's a little bit of an exaggeration, but boy, imagine my surprise when I opened the e-mail from my Mum that said "Hi! We moved back to England; arrived last night." O OKAY THEN)

As I said, exaggeration, but one based on my immediate reaction to the news/e-mail. I'm not mad or upset - by now it's more of a funny story.

Longish story made short: my Dad is sick (early-onset dementia) and my parents had been planning to move back to England ever since his diagnosis last year. They sold their house in the US and I knew they would be leaving quickly after, sometime in June. I suspect my mother thought she had already told me the exact details of when, but she didn't. Hence the "oh hey we arrived back in England" e-mail and my surprise.

(I'm in FL and wasn't able to take any time off to visit/help. Obv there was a lot going on over there at the time and I totally understand how she could have forgotten that she didn't tell me the details. I also know this story basically makes me sound like the worst child ever.)

It's still a bit weird to get notified after they already arrived in England.

When you said you'd be here in Nov, are you moving back yourself or just visiting? Sorry to hear your dad has that - mum was diagnosed with it 4 years or so ago.