gdf

Life

That goat looks like he has a bad attitude.

All goats have a bad attitude.

ecae49f30c15acecf619fd51c932ac7d.jpg

toothpick.jpg

That goat looks like he has a bad attitude.

We called him Duke...

"I'm ready to butt butts and chew trash... and I'm all outta trash."

He attacked Mrs Vania moments after this was taken. ;(

I will, but he ain't no baby no more. This is him last week, when he made friends with a disinterested goat:

MAN I feel old! Look at how large baby T has become! That's a serious bad ass goat though. How come goats are so awesome? Is it their weird cylindrical irises? Is it their incredibly horns?

Or to phrase it with the words of the kid who came running by a petting zoo a few years ago, pointing at a goat's horns with all too much bravado: 'I want to touch THAT!'

Well, the cutbacks at work have begun. As of yesterday, no more wifi. I'm getting an extremely dodgy signal from the coffee shop across the street right now to type this. As a result, I've decided that I'll cave two months earlier than planned and get internet at home now. So at least something good can come of all this turmoil and bullshit at work. As of next Monday, I'll be back online for XBL, PSN, and Steam multiplayer. Those who missed me in my absence, what say we get some Forza on next week?

As of next Monday, I'll be back online for XBL, PSN, and Steam multiplayer. Those who missed me in my absence, what say we get some Forza on next week?

Plus mother-fucking 1

Today I upgraded my right hand thumb to version 2.0.

It had been messed up for the past maybe 12 years. It went messed up in a amateur floorball match originally and couple of times in other occasions after that. Three weeks ago I was playing a football match and again I twisted it so the lowest joint in my thumb was really sore and aching. Correct term might be thumb arthritis?

The joint was actually swollen for over 10 years, but now I finally got to see a good doctor, my workplace's doctor who immediately studied it carefully and sent me forwards to an orthopedic doctor in the central hospital. Well three weeks later tuesday this week I got the time to see him and yesterday he told me that they will do a surgery. "How about tomorrow, son?" Usually these things take months before any surgery time is available.

So today I went to the hospital and they did the operation. It was a success and now I have a cast in my arm/hand. I have to keep this thing for four weeks.

This means I will miss onsen in Japan and that sucks big time. I would've loved to go there, but on the plus side I got paid sick leave from work for TWO MONTHS and I get to save my two weeks of summer vacation for later so I can keep all my five weeks still at some point.

Hooray for you thumbs!

(I am envious of your European worker protections though.)

The joint was actually swollen for over 10 years

On behalf of everyone else reading, I'd like to say: ow!

Well, while it was swollen, it didn't really hurt at all, it kind of just settled in that shape, but every time I twisted it, it started really hurting and getting more swollen.

Shame that I didn't take a before/after pic so I could've shown how swollen it was. :)

Congrats on having fully functioning hands (once the cast comes off)! I can't imagine playing games with a messed up thumb for 10 years was that fun...

Shame you can't visit an onsen, Kolzig, but it should still be a great trip when you go. I've planned to visit Japan within two years with a good friend of mine. It gives me yet another reason to really buff up my Japanese as best as I can.

I'm also again so tempted to try to find work in Japan. I know it's an impossibility right now, because you need the resources and the connections and the job opportunity, but it's a dream that probably will never go away.

I guess you'll have... *puts on sunglasses* an Idle Thumb for the next four weeks.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a more serious note, that's awesome news! I hope you can make it to Japan sometime soon, it's an incredible place. Do try to stay at a 旅館 (Ryokan) if you can, it's a bit of a dive into the deep end culturally, but it's more than worth it. Plus that's where the best 温泉 (Onsen) are.

I'll bother looking for the proper thread eventually, but my girlfriend and I have decided that we probably can't afford to go to PAX Prime this year. So anyone want two, or does someone want one, PAX badge(s)? We paid $60, so that's what I'm asking. They don't send out badges until two weeks before the show, so that might preclude Europe, unless there's a reliable fast shipping company you'd want to pay for.

I'm posting this early on so people can make plans should they want to go.

Shame you can't visit an onsen, Kolzig, but it should still be a great trip when you go. I've planned to visit Japan within two years with a good friend of mine. It gives me yet another reason to really buff up my Japanese as best as I can.

I'm also again so tempted to try to find work in Japan. I know it's an impossibility right now, because you need the resources and the connections and the job opportunity, but it's a dream that probably will never go away.

Hehe, last summer I visited an onsen for the first time and it was really awesome experience. I still might have a chance this time also if they let me in with a plastic bag taped over my hand. Lets see, they might not let me in as it's not really hygienic or polite to walk around with a plastic bag covering the arm...

I have now two weeks time to quick learn at least some Japanese, man I really do suck. I have wasted now couple of years and still don't know much anything about the language even when I'm married to a Japanese lady. She on the other hand has learned Finnish in just a few years perfectly and is now learning Swedish already.

I guess you'll have... *puts on sunglasses* an Idle Thumb for the next four weeks.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

On a more serious note, that's awesome news! I hope you can make it to Japan sometime soon, it's an incredible place. Do try to stay at a 旅館 (Ryokan) if you can, it's a bit of a dive into the deep end culturally, but it's more than worth it. Plus that's where the best 温泉 (Onsen) are.

Yeah in two weeks we are going on 1st July with Lufthansa to Tokyo again. Might not go to ryokan as we are staying the whole two weeks in my wife's parents place which is usually hot as hell during summer, but good thing they all have air conditioning there.

Wow, Kolzig how have you played games up to now? Seems like that'd be painful.

Well, as I said while it was swollen it was not hurting during the years, it just didn't bend all the way it was supposed to so I could play games pretty well.

What sucks now is that while the cast is still on, I can't play any FPS etc games and almost nothing with the Wii/DS/PSP. So no Duke or anything like that for quite some time. But I realized that I can play adventure games by using the mouse in my left hand if I can learn to use my useless left hand. I'm a right handed person so it's quite difficult to eat stuff and write anything right now.

So I guess it's time to play Gemini Rue and Telltale catalogue and maybe some replays of Lucasarts adventures.

I hate English Literature exams. I thought I came up with some good lines of argument in my essay this morning, but I won't find out if I've got the all-important A until August 18th. Fuck this.

I hate English Literature exams. I thought I came up with some good lines of argument in my essay this morning, but I won't find out if I've got the all-important A until August 18th. Fuck this.

Man, you're taking these pretty hard. If you're heading for uni, you've gotta get yourself ready to write under pressure and wait a while for the results a lot. Deep breaths, dude. You seem fairly bright, so try not to worry too much about it. Now that the exam is in the can, you've done all you can and any stress you put on yourself at this point is just going to be wasted energy. August 18th isn't that far away. I know it can be a pain in the ass to spin your wheels for two months, but as there's nothing else to do, just relax and try to celebrate being done. You're finished (some? all? a couple?) exams! Congrats!

Man, you're taking these pretty hard. If you're heading for uni, you've gotta get yourself ready to write under pressure and wait a while for the results a lot. Deep breaths, dude. You seem fairly bright, so try not to worry too much about it. Now that the exam is in the can, you've done all you can and any stress you put on yourself at this point is just going to be wasted energy. August 18th isn't that far away. I know it can be a pain in the ass to spin your wheels for two months, but as there's nothing else to do, just relax and try to celebrate being done. You're finished (some? all? a couple?) exams! Congrats!

Yeah, I know. Thanks man. I'm just the sort of person who practically kills himself during exam season, and pretty much every high-pressure time period. As far as the English exam goes, I know exactly what you mean, and I agree, it's just so difficult to judge. I like to know exactly what's going on where, when, and how. Hah.

In other words, I'm a whiny bitch

Edited by SpeedyDesiato

That's rough. Try to not take it to heart too much, I guess. If all you needed for an A was a C on that exam, you've obviously got this shit in the bag. Hell, in the same situation, I've decided "Fuck it, I already have a good mark going in, what do I need to care?" and done irresponsible shit. My best was drinking a mickey of rye on my way to a logic exam because it was worth 15% and I had 100% of the rest of the course. Figured that if I was guaranteed at least an 85% grade, I could be drunk for the exam.* The fact that you're still taking this as seriously as you are is already a good sign. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine, no stress.

*Please, PLEASE do not take life lessons from this.

EDIT: Whups, in before edit I guess. You cut out what I was referring to, but whatever. You get the idea.

Well, as I said while it was swollen it was not hurting during the years, it just didn't bend all the way it was supposed to so I could play games pretty well.

Did the doc mention whether you were injuring it further by playing while it was broken?

I'm dealing with RSI myself right now and know I fucked myself up further by trying to co-op Deathspank.

I've always been a slack bastard when it comes to exams and just winged it.

In other news, I hate my eyes. Those cunts will just not work together without more surgery. Can't be arsed with that again. :(

I take exams a bit too seriously as well. I now know that I can make it through all of them, but I need to perform as well as I possibly can for my own sake and not for anyone else's, except for my employer's who jokingly demanded me to maintain my grade for the rest of my studies.

Lots more responsibility and respect in work this summer. Enjoying the break from studies quite a bit.