gdf

Life

I DON'T KNOW.

I have been up since 2:30AM, when I woke up because my husband was snoring, and now, when I am finally sleepy again, they are mowing the lawn outside with the loudest possible machinery. Who do I have to kill?

There's only one way to be sure of a good night's sleep: Everyone in the whole world!

I don't know, Thunder. Do genocidal maniacs sleep well at night? Maybe the more people you kill, the less a conscience interferes with sleep.

I think I need it. Skydiving is too expensive, can't fly power kites (due to back problems). I love driving fast. What more is there to say? :)

Go for it :)

Though, I understand the cost of skydiving drops rapidly as you become better trained (and make friends at airfields). It's on my to do list...

Once you have the gear, it's not that much a lift - around 30-40 quid. A rig (container, main, reserve, AAD etc.) will cost a good 6 grand. But that's ok - you WANT to be spending that sot of cash on something like that! :)

Do genocidal maniacs sleep well at night? Maybe the more people you kill, the less a conscience interferes with sleep.

That's definitely been my experience. When I hit triple digits I started sleeping like a baby.

Well then hush, I'm going to lie down for a nap.

They're back. Apparently this time they're trimming the hedges.

(SOBS WILDLY.)

So now that the 'bargo is up, I can tell you that my theatre, on top of everything else, was named best theatre in Calgary for 2011 by Fast Forward magazine (a local arts & entertainment mag). This may not mean much to those outside the city, but it's a huge fucking deal if you live here. I represented the theatre at their party last night, and it was bloody surreal. Among the experiences I never expected to have in my life (let alone before I'm 25), talking with the mayor over cocktails at a gala party was probably one of the top 3. We only talked for a few minutes, but still. He was a phenomenally nice guy, and it makes me really happy that I voted for him now that I've met him. Also, I'm so damn pumped that, for the poster-city for Canadian Christian Conservatives, our mayor is a leftist muslim man who I'm now about 90% sure is a homosexual. Eat that, rednecks! The rest of the party was sort of a bummer, as I spent so much time fielding questions about what's going to happen now that my boss was leaving (this is also the reason he wanted me to go rather than him, as I'm going to be representing the theatre to our clients once he leaves and he thought I should make the connections). Weird evening. A lot of free drinks, a lot of not-so-fun conversations, but also a few meetings and talks that I'll be remembering for a long time.

So now that the 'bargo is up, I can tell you that my theatre, on top of everything else, was named best theatre in Calgary for 2011 by Fast Forward magazine (a local arts & entertainment mag). This may not mean much to those outside the city, but it's a huge fucking deal if you live here. I represented the theatre at their party last night, and it was bloody surreal. Among the experiences I never expected to have in my life (let alone before I'm 25), talking with the mayor over cocktails at a gala party was probably one of the top 3. We only talked for a few minutes, but still. He was a phenomenally nice guy, and it makes me really happy that I voted for him now that I've met him. Also, I'm so damn pumped that, for the poster-city for Canadian Christian Conservatives, our mayor is a leftist muslim man who I'm now about 90% sure is a homosexual. Eat that, rednecks! The rest of the party was sort of a bummer, as I spent so much time fielding questions about what's going to happen now that my boss was leaving (this is also the reason he wanted me to go rather than him, as I'm going to be representing the theatre to our clients once he leaves and he thought I should make the connections). Weird evening. A lot of free drinks, a lot of not-so-fun conversations, but also a few meetings and talks that I'll be remembering for a long time.

I hit the pool yesterday, then player soccer and ate dinner with a friend. We talked stuff. Our waitress was attractive. I'm currently playing Jamestown and contemplating buying a sim game.

Among the experiences I never expected to have in my life (let alone before I'm 25), talking with the mayor over cocktails at a gala party was probably one of the top 3. We only talked for a few minutes, but still. He was a phenomenally nice guy, and it makes me really happy that I voted for him now that I've met him.

:stan:TALKIN' TO THE MAYOOOOOOOOOOOR!:clap::clap::clap::tup::tup::tup::teddy:

I'm in the middle of exam season and am feeling some intense pressure. Three exams to go - English, Maths, Psychology - and if I manage to do well, I'm going to Oxford Uni later this year. Now, that's all well and good, and thanks to previous exam performance I don't need to do nearly as high as AAA in these actual exams to get the required AAA for Uni, but I'm still feeling incredibly stressed, bogged-down and depressed by it all.

Still, here's hoping I get the grades and go to uni, right?

If you wanna get the chicks, then indeed, here's to hoping!

If you wanna get the chicks, then indeed, here's to hoping!

That sounds like something I would be interested in, yes.

The phrase used was "chicks." I see only one chick there. Please supply chicks in greater quantities.

Ye brokeh d pagee!

Congrats Miffy. Can I ask: What kind of checks should cinemas be doing? I'm so annoyed with my local that I want you to come and fix it.

Don't worry guys, I'll save the day!

I SAID I'll save the day! :tup:

Edit: I had actually kind of hoped the next page would've started by now...

I actually made a third post where I said I was committing to this thing, but then I felt guilty cause I had made 3 posts in a row and the next page still hadn't started. ;(

Subbes, DEMERIT! 35 points from Gryffindor.

. . .*Sigh*