gdf

Life

A special gameboy sock, that is, not your common or garden sock from Primarni.

Yeah I use a Neoprene case which is great.

So I've been having some really big problems with blizzard, and to an extent, battle.net.

I've been away for the last 4/5 days, with no internet or anything. I got back today, and really wanted to play some Starcraft 2. I tried to get on, but something just wasn't clicking. I tried some shit, and I guess my password isn't right, so I begin an account recovery to be safe. I didn't get anything back for a few hours, but when I did, it turns out that my account has been hacked or something, so in their infinite wisdom, locked my ENTIRE account down. I can't even get into my account to change things at the moment, which is pretty lame.

So they send me another email later on, claiming that my e-mail address has been compromised as well (Which I know it hasn't) and that everything had gone completely pete tong.

I now have to make a new e-mail address (Which is annoying), think of all new EVERYTHING, and send it to blizzard via a paltry 1000 character webform, which was very hard to fit everything in. The problem was when they asked (In a legitimate blizzard email) for a picture of my photo ID, and the last 4 digits of my credit card, which I don't even have one attatched to my account, because I only play Star 2 on it.

This entire ordeal has REALLY soured my experience with Blizzard. I've been playing their shit since Diablo 2 came out, and now they've just locked everything down, with no live chat, and nothing more than a webform style of interaction with them.

Has anyone experienced stuff like this before, and can recommend anything else to do? I'm at my wits end here.

Have you tried looking for some sort of support phone number? It may help you much more than using web forms. Not everyone has live chat functionality but most companies do have some kind of number you can call and things often move quicker that way.

Have you tried looking for some sort of support phone number? It may help you much more than using web forms. Not everyone has live chat functionality but most companies do have some kind of number you can call and things often move quicker that way.

http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_GB&articleId=22619 yep, phone them.

In Berlin for a long weekend.

Kind of boring city so far.

You missed the 1989 party. That was a good one.

I've heard so many great things about Berlin, shame you haven't found any of them. Apparently.

Blimey. I must have been to a different Berlin. Or perhaps you don't like anything a major capital city has to offer. Either way - is everything ok with you at the moment? Nearly every post in the last couple of weeks from you has been negative, dismissive or generally downbeat. I don't remember you ever being so up until now.

Everything is fine with me; I just tend to be more vocal on negative things (like most people in fact).

Ok, something positive. Starting from next tuesday I will be working my ass off setting up one of the most awesomest festivals in Enschede (NL) and surround area (just like I have been doing in the past 9 years): http://www.greenvibrations.nl

Back to Berlin. Nah, I really find it somewhat boring, the city is quite bland; not that many interesting sights or interesting buildings (so far).

My girlfriend is flabbergasted at your experience so far, elmuerte. Here's a list of things to do in Berlin that she came up with off the top of her head. Hope it helps!

Good to walk from Potsdamer Platz to the Reichstag so you can take in a couple of these sights on the way.

> Potsdamer Platz (Sony Centre etc.)

> Memorial for the murdered Jews

> Brandenburg Gate

> Reichstag

>

> Tiergarten - nice to sit in if you have good weather (watch out for the nudist areas!).

>

> Kreuzberg - trendy area in former East - famous for its brunches!

> Prenzlauerberg - another trendy area in former East, probably a bit more touristy than Kreuzberg but still very cool - probably a good bet for bars and restaurants.

>

> East Side Gallery - longest remaining stretch of the Berlin Wall (think it was re-painted for the 20th anniversary).

> Oberbaumbrücke - bridge that links Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain, also giant aluminium sculpture in the river!

>

> Take a boat trip on the River Spree if the weather is good (a good way to see quite a lot of the landmarks)

>

> Alexanderplatz TV tower and its revolving restaurant.

>

> Museuminsel (Museum Island, loads of museums as you might have worked out from the name but I haven't been into most of them)! Monbijou Park nearby - a nice place to sit in the sun.

> There's also "Strandbar Mitte" closeby - good to sit in a deckchair with a beer and chill out.

>

> Lots of Strandbars (beach bars) around in the summer - you might stumble upon a few of them!

>

> Neues Museum - recently restored, haven't seen it myself yet but really want to!

>

> Hackescher Markt - touristy but nice area, bars and restaurants though a bit on the pricey side.

> Hackescher Höfe - lovely restored courtyards - well worth a look.

>

> Oranienburger Straße - lots of bars and restaurants - also, Kunsthaus Tacheles - artists' squats, lots of grafitti. New Synagogue.

>

> Straße des 17 Juni - Siegessäule.

>

> Jewish museum

>

> Gendarmenmarkt - amazing architecture.

>

> Walk along Unter den Linden.

>

> Ku'damm - not all that interesting, but if you want to experience 'West Berlin', big shopping street. But the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche is worth a look.

>

> Checkpoint Charlie (museum about crossing the wall)- not my fave but quite good if you haven't been to Berlin before.

>

> Ok, that's all I can think of for now! But the other things you should do are: eat a Currywurst from a street vendor, try Berliner Weisse mit schuss (beer with a green or red shot). Also, for breakfasts go to the bakeries and ask for "Frühstück", most places do it!

> Potsdamer Platz (Sony Centre etc.)

> Memorial for the murdered Jews

> Brandenburg Gate

> Reichstag

Saw that all; Not really impressive/special for me. And I think the memorial is quite crap, or at least, I don't understand it.

And what's so special about Potsdamer Platz? Sure, the humongous iPad2 that covers a complete 7 story building is impressive. But the rest, ... meh.

> Alexanderplatz TV tower and its revolving restaurant.

I was at Alexanderplatz, but didn't went into the TV tower.

> Ku'damm

That's right around the corner from my hotel. I've been there last night, and this night. I'm not really that interested in those streets with expensive stores.

> Checkpoint Charlie (museum about crossing the wall)

Talking about a major disappointment.

FYI, I've been to Germany quite a few times. The German kitchen isn't really new to me. From recent memory, Dresden,Aachen and Frankfurt are much more interesting to visit. Or at least, more interesting for me.

Definitely seems like you are more of an East Berlin kind of guy.

When we were there, Our hostel was in East Berlin, where I loved seeing all the crazy old Soviet places, while my girlfriend is more of the classical tourist, preferring the typical goals in West.

In fact, my favourite place was a pizzeria run by a bunch of Italian punks, with ponytails and arms full of tattoos, where the walls were covered in the signatures of bands that had been there, and all the art was old communist propaganda. It also had an open kitchen, so these guys were constantly screaming Italian across the restaurant.

(If you want to go there, the subway stop is Senefelderplatz, should be right by there.)

Also cool: used record/book shops and other vintage stuff.

well, tomorrow is sunday, so all the shops are closed, and on Monday I'm heading back home. I already forgot to look for a copy of Die Weinhandler ;)

second day of berlin was quite a bit more interesting, more old Berlin, but still, it's rather boring

Had my birthday today! Here are my sweet presents:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=kh8tb.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Portal 2 and Wright pack from my Girlfriend, who also made a great cake! She knows me too well.

Had my birthday today! Here are my sweet presents:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=kh8tb.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Portal 2 and Wright pack from my Girlfriend, who also made a great cake! She knows me too well.

Happy Birthday!

second day of berlin was quite a bit more interesting, more old Berlin, but still, it's rather boring

Out if interest, what cities have you enjoyed visiting?

Happy birthday, Hermie! That's quite a nice load of loot you got there. :tup:

Happy birthday Hermie, my helpful Norwegian tour guide!

Happy Birthdays not in the Happy Birthday thread!

Ngh. I'm trying to write 47 comedy bits and only have three remaining to do, but nothing is coming. I've been staring at these three empty slots for almost four hours now. I hate it when this (regularly) happens.

On my way back home from Berlin. 1 hour left in the 7 hour train ride.

Out if interest, what cities have you enjoyed visiting?

I enjoyed London, although that was mostly to the things to see and not really the city itself. I did like Rome, Bari, Aachen. Dresden was also ok, but haven't seen much of it. Hyderabad was an interesting city, but my "tourist" visit there was also rather short. Minsk was also an interesting city

That's just the cities I visited somewhat recently, or at least can properly recollect the memories. Also visited quite some cities in France, but that was really a long time ago.