gdf

Life

Are any of you crazy Scandinavian people attending the Nordic Game conference in Malmö? Because I might be.

Me too, I was there last summer. But no, I can't go 10-12 May.

I was there once on a press trip for World in Conflict. The city was foggy and beautiful and felt distinctly 'Nordic', which I found very appealing.

Pity you can't go =(

Ooh, I forgot about that thing. I might go if I can A) spare the travel expenses and B) get a press pass.

I deleted it because brkl came in and chose to be all concise and helpful. He's the real fucker :)

Anyway, I'll be going with quite some likeliness now, so if anyone is coming and wants to meet up for some shenanigans, it could be arranged!

Would like to go, but unfortunately I'm in Helsinki the previous week of that for Rush concert and all vacation days are spent on that.

Also, I had no idea these things were so expensive! I'm sure they are expensive, but I'd never pay 150€ for one, and that's the student pass.

Totally fucked up results in our Parliamentary elections. I feel a bit sick.

What's going on? Are the True Finns doing as well as it seemed like they might?

Totally fucked up results in our Parliamentary elections. I feel a bit sick.

This.

The "True Finns" are the third largest party by seats. :tdown: And the National Coalition Party is the largest. :tdown:

Well good, since the last time I opened a window facing north I heard minarets chanting islamic prayers.

OK, what are the True Fins? It sounds like dolphins but more menacing than dolphins.

Gwardinen, they did better than anyone could have expected.

Rodi, they hate all good things and like all bad things. They used to have 5 (out of 200) seats, now they have 39, just behind the Social Democrats (42) and Neocons (44).

Gwardinen, they did better than anyone could have expected.

Rodi, they hate all good things and like all bad things. They used to have 5 (out of 200) seats, now they have 39, just behind the Social Democrats (42) and Neocons (44).

Damned economy problems brings out the worst in people. Hopefully it won't be long lived.

The elections went to hell pretty much completely. :tdown:

We got one guy from Green party in two previous parliaments who was the only honest person there and was singlehandedly fighting for the users.

By that I mean technology and making right decisions concerning copyright laws etc.

Now that we had Pirate Party messing things up, they stole a lot of student votes from him and so Pirate Party pissed in their own cereals because they had the same agenda as this guy, Jyrki Kasvi. So end result was that he didn't get in and neither did anyone from Pirates. Shame I couldn't even vote for him as I'm not from that region.

Also we got this really stupid comparison points system where the guy who gets more votes than others do not get chosen. Instead some fool who gets less votes but is in the same party as some guy who gets 40000 votes gets in.

Maybe you should protest for actual democracy. The system you describe sounds a bit weird. Why is there a region restriction?

Those are there for the same reason as in the American presidential elections: to increase the significance of rural areas and to make sure the entire country is represented.

Jyrki Kasvi was the only MP with any expertise on online matters. Mostly he seemed to be fighting against windmills since the others were determined to fuck up any internet-related law.

Edited by brkl

So Finland is also a collection of semi-independent states?

Hi. I walked up the stairs of the CN Tower a few days ago. 144 flights. Took me 20:03. I'm so pissed off by the 4 extra seconds it took me as I was sooo close to breaking 20 minutes but considering I was expecting to do it in the 25 to 30 minute range, I can't be too upset.

Nice! It's awesome to manually climb huge buildings. I was miffed that there were not flights all the way up the Eiffeltower, only 2/3rds of the way.

Wow, it's nice to know the next time I do 20 minutes on a stair machine I've just walked up the CN tower. (Did you go to the deck level or the Sky pod? Also, did you meet anyone else?)

The new baby...

iphoneapril2011171.th.jpg

She flies like the wind!

Nice! Would love to get a road bike too, even with semi-slicks the MTB can be a thrash.

Is it for commuting, touring, or occasional rides?

I've become an uncle :tup: My brother's wife gave birth to a beautiful girl named Emily. I'm filled with pride.