gdf

Life

Pretty wound up right now. Got my ipod touch sometime in february last year, and its just broke. The audio jack is just fucked. For one, a headphone jack barely fits in, and if i somehow get it in, it plays at a hundredth volume. The enraging thing is the terrible warranty. The thing cost damn near a hundred pounds, but thats only a year warranty. I go to check online, thinking this would be a ten quid job. Repair on this model is over 85 pounds. Is this meant to be some kind of fucking joke? Itd be nice to have my apple products last for over a year, but i guess thats too much to ask

Have you actually tried contacting Apple about it? The repair might still be covered by warranty because the device broke so close to the expiration date.

You have tried picking out the hardened plug of lint that is no doubt lodged in there, right?

toblix is hopefully right, that sounds exactly like what happened when a workmate thought his iphone was fucked. If so, the fix will cost you: One paperclip.

Will give it a go later and report back, cheers boys!

Call up apple if you don't have luck, be angry and if they say no say something along the lines of "Seeing as you haven't been able to deal with my problem with a product I have already had problems with I am never going to buy an Apple product again" then hang up, it worked for me.

I wish easter week would come already.

I've got almost the whole week vacation then and a lot of games to go through.

Oh hell... ;(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8375373/Japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-live.html

Japan and the area of Sendai was hit with 8,9 Richter earthquake and 10m tsunami just a moment ago. My friend was in Sendai not long ago and it looks like this did a lot of damage. I hope not many lives were lost. Japan usually has pretty good measures at alarming people about earthquakes etc.

They say it's the biggest earthquake ever to hit Japan. Mobile networks are down, trains have stopped in many parts of the country and nuclear plants have been shutdown to avoid any leaks. I just hope my wife's family is alright, they are not exactly even close to the epicenter of this quake, but the shocks reached Tokyo also.

Edited by Kolzig

Horrific devastation in that live stream. You see whole towns floating on the waves of water. Was there any warning that this was happening? After the Indonesian tsunami I thought there was a big warning system placed. Because of the earthquake it might have been more unpredictable...

In Japan they are supposed to have the most technologically advanced system regarding earthquake detection and tsunami detection.

I don't know were people alarmed about this beforehand, I have to ask my wife about that. She can read the local news and get the best information about this.

I read that a tsunami warning had been delivered beforehand to countries enveloping the Pacific. It's fair to assume people were advised to take precautions.

Oh man I'm really depressed right now, my wife just called me and told me that she can't reach her family. I know the phone networks are down, but still this is worrying.

I'm stuck at work just reading the news and this all is just so damn depressing...

I hope all's well with her family. Japan will be in chaos right now, what with the lack of internet/mobile connections. The odds are good, if they didn't live in the danger areas, that they're OK.

The family is ok, her friend went to their house and they are ok and we got a txt message from my father-in-law. This is a huge relief to us.

Now I just hope the death toll does not rise. Even one life is too much and over 30 have been confirmed already...

Considering this earthquake/tsunami is apparently bigger than the one in Haiti, 30 would be an incredibly low number. So either that's the difference between emergency planning in an advanced country versus a second/third world country, or the worst is yet to come.

If Japan can't deal with this quickly and efficiently, then no-one can. I reckon western countries will be able to learn a lot from how they handle this.

Trains and electricity are already back up and running. Fukushima nuclear plant according to what I read had some problems and I don't know what has happened there since as it was hours ago.

They found at least 300 dead persons from a beach in Sendai where the tsunami hit. ;(

If Japan can't deal with this quickly and efficiently, then no-one can. I reckon western countries will be able to learn a lot from how they handle this.

I think they're going to need external help, too, though.

lrWyhFRuL8Y

Sums it up well.

More than 700 people dead, last time I checked.
Was worried about family in Japan, got a message saying that they're alright but had to walk home from work.

I feel kinda sad. This morning I decided that, at the end of the month, I would quit my writing gig at Game Rant. I'm pretty sure it's the right thing for me to do (after all, I have to try and get to Oxford University this year) but that doesn't make it much easier.

I'll mostly miss the people I've met. I'm sure I'll get back into the same business when I have more time (and need a paying job), but there are some tremendously nice folks in the gaming business.

Kind of makes me wish Idle Thumbs was still a website with written words. That would've been sweet.

Still, c'est la vie.