gdf

Life

Thanks for the best wishes guys, name are a sticky subject at the moment. My boys names list include Barrington and Quatermain. The WIFE isn't impressed.

:hmph:

Your woman choice was poor! :mock: Maybe something less crazy but still awesome?

Your woman choice was poor! :mock: Maybe something less crazy but still awesome?

My wife makes up for the conventional offspring names in many ways. For example, I have just been treated to a full beat-box rendition of the theme to Thunderbirds. Awesome!

For reference.

9vpMy14XiBw

I went to a career fair in Austin today and while I have a great idea I think of what most people want and have three basic choices picked out where I figure I have the skills for at least one to hire me, I was kind of frustrated with the lectures there and how conflicting everyone was on what you should put on a portfolio website or how you should present.

So the Bioware type guys would say they don't have time to read anything you write about your work so don't put it and keep image galleries short, but then Powerhouse studios who does just 2D animation for games and whatever else says that the galleries need to have extensions of certain types of work still on the site in case they want to see more. So I have sort of have little idea how to do that and not add clutter or confuse the types of art directors who are reviewing a portfolio and only have 30 seconds total to check you out.

I can kind of see maybe where this hastiness is coming from, because not to be arrogant or overly negative, but a lot of other people's demo reels and portfolios were just coming off as incredibly strange or bad where there are major technical mistakes with 3D models or video editing even that makes it seem that they are just severely not aware. I guess recruiters just get annoyed when they have to look through so many submissions.

Anyway, I don't know why just simple lectures and seeing who was hiring made me feel this way, but I don't like when I feel incredibly encouraged and disenchanted at the same time. I'm so confused. ;(

Basicly I bought some cheap hubcaps for my car because I didn't want to spend the money on nice rims or anything. I swear I've put the little tension ring on the right way(facing inside) and I've even tried putting it in different position on the wheel covers, but I still can't get the things to fit snugly on the tires, I'm pretty sure I bought the right size covers too, anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong here? Or am I an idiot?

I suppose I'm white trash because once they roll away from me when I get a flat on the freeway or something, I never replace them. I'm sure it makes most girls groan when I pull up in my dirty car with mismatched wheels.

My wife makes up for the conventional offspring names in many ways. For example, I have just been treated to a full beat-box rendition of the theme to Thunderbirds. Awesome!

I rescind my previous statement.

I gotta say, there's a fine line between "unconventional" names and "names that will get the kid beat up a bunch," so I can see where your wife is coming from Monkey. I, for one, am pretty glad that my parents settled where they did. On the one hand, Peter is a pretty bog-standard name (hell, it's biblical). On the other, it never came up as a popular name in the year of my birth and I've only ever met a few others, and only one within a couple of years of my age. As such, I'm pretty happy with it and am really glad that my parents made the effort to pick something out that was not overwhelmingly popular and also not sounding desperate to separate itself from the crowd. Something to think about?

First time for me to go to work on Sunday at 9pm in the evening. I'm a mon-fri regular 8am to 4pm worker and this is some weird stuff indeed.

The nerds are changing some stuff so I have to come to test that everything is working.

Thanks for the best wishes guys, name are a sticky subject at the moment. My boys names list include Barrington and Quatermain. The WIFE isn't impressed.

:hmph:

How about Bannigan?

dBQ3HbB0c8Y

First time for me to go to work on Sunday at 9pm in the evening. I'm a mon-fri regular 8am to 4pm worker and this is some weird stuff indeed.

The nerds are changing some stuff so I have to come to test that everything is working.

NEEEEEEERRRRDS?!?! Yea it is really bizarre working that late when you're say used to one kind of shift.

Yeah, I'm calling them downstairs dumbasses nerds because they are supposed to be the tech guys of our company, but every time they change something, they manage to totally mess up something important that is related to our department's work.

And they get more pay than any of us do probably. :tdown:

Yay... a reply from PSN support about my issue. But of course it's not the "here's your money back" reply I'm waiting for. Interestingly enough, they now try to forward me to their head office in the UK (for the legal department). So... does that imply that PSN store is actually a UK based store and not a Dutch one as they implied so far. Then their whole point about me owning an "imported" copy of Enslaved is completely bullshit. As I own a UK version of Enslaved, so why doesn't this UK store call "PlayStation Store" sell stuff for the normal UK version...

Ah well... now I can continue with my next response. I wonder if it wasn't cheaper for SCEE to just give me my 10 euros back. Specially not considering that I'm also going to contact the UK office.

On a completely other note. Stuff keeps dying at our office. Today the tape drive turned into a portable heater. So now I sort of have to speed up the intended replacement for it; which is already in the office; but still not finalized. And of course I also have to finish quite some software development for next Thursday when I have to show of some stuff to a customer.

GoodFight_THUMBS3.jpg

I wanted to do more, but I'm clueless at PS, so couldn't extract the red script properly. But anyway. :)

Haha. Very good. I think I would have said, "Three thumbs up!".

GoodFight_THUMBS3.jpg

I wanted to do more, but I'm clueless at PS, so couldn't extract the red script properly. But anyway. :)

Ahahaha, I'm honored to become a movie critic over such a trying saga.

Is that el muerte in the top right? Nice work!

I don't look anything like Chris

Finally followed up on PSN support's response from last Monday. Forgot about it yesterday. But I think I'm approaching the point where I will have to see if there is an affordable legal action I can take; or just start putting this whole thing on a blog and keep going for as long as I can find points to nag about.

PSN support's next reply will probably just be the contact details of the legal dept. in London they we referring me to. They have been quite reluctant to fully address my emails so far.

I realise it's caused by a deeply annoying situation, El Muerte, but that double thumbs down review of PSN support made me actuaLOL.