gdf

Life

I doubt you'll get money back. That really stinks.

I have consumer law on my side.

And if everything fails I means that Sony will simply have to accept that I will get my compensation in a different may. I could always try to sink more battleships.

Also, I live in a weird city when something like this appears relatively commonplace

168939_10150402270755386_556800385_17090519_6316964_n.jpg

Manchester, eh? I bet this is commonplace wherever there's trams (or "trolleys").

Manchester, eh? I bet this is commonplace wherever there's trams (or "trolleys").

I think he tried to run the red. He got dragged a good distance though. Car's a write off, but no mushed brains.

Wait, TP, when did you lose your job?

Regarding jobs, just had a mega opportunity: got a phone call from an agency wanting an experienced pentester, working for a major mmo company... Where you would be testing their mmo systems. 50k. Possibly the best salary for games tester I've ever seen.

The bad: Unfortunately, it's office based, and no home working. As I'm moving back to Shropshire, I won't be able to take the job. Gutted. Can you believe it! That gig would be the best! The company is based in Woking, Surrey, one of you might know who it is.

The good: i'm moving to Shropshire to take over a campsite by the river Severn! Big change of pace, but have also got an interview with another security company who don't mind homeworking on thursday. My current boss also doesn't want to lose me, so he's saying I can WFH 4 days/week. Bit sick of current job though, fancy a change.

But yeh, the campsite is the main thing, middle of the country, clean air, it's the house I grew up in, sentimental fool that I am.

If any of you like camping, might even be able to set up a special thumbs discount :) (although drinking can't go on too late!)

Also, I live in a weird city when something like this appears relatively commonplace

Awesome, that still hasn't stopped in Houston since the light rail was put up. I seriously don't know how they are getting hit by the damn thing except they are running red lights, not slowing for yellow, or the lights are just malfunctioning.

Yes, but I first have to get my money back.

Oh shit, I missed the part where you already paid. Great job, Sony. Ugh.

...If any of you like camping, might even be able to set up a special thumbs discount :) (although drinking can't go on too late!)

Oh hell yeah! I foresee a Thumbs summer get together at Scrobbsy's place a'coming on!

What say you people?

That sounds like a nice overseas vacation, I haven't been camping in a year and I'm itchy to go. But I really doubt I'd have the money if I were employed.

Wait, TP, when did you lose your job?

Regarding jobs, just had a mega opportunity: got a phone call from an agency wanting an experienced pentester, working for a major mmo company... Where you would be testing their mmo systems. 50k. Possibly the best salary for games tester I've ever seen.

WTF? There's no way in hell they'd pay that amount of money to a games tester. I used to be a games tester for Sony (and I was damned good at it, if I do say so myself) and they were turning people away at the doors (not literally, but you get what I mean). No way it was 50K. No way.

(And I live just a short train ride from Surrey, too.)

Penetration testing an MMO isn't exactly your run of the mill games testing job TP.

Totally up for some UK thumbs camping :tup:

I just got back from a week of snowboarding in Chamonix. Not only was it a really beautiful place, it was also just the ticket to let me unwind and think about my future. I'm also now *much* faster at boarding than I was last year.

Going up to 10,000ft, seeing a glacier from a few thousand feet above, then taking a 7000 foot run all the way to the bottom of the valley was unreal. It was a black run and well beyond my ability, but having to stop regularly didn't really matter because, fuck, the view:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/167911_10150110087018617_511063616_5988042_7575049_n.jpg

167911_10150110087018617_511063616_5988042_7575049_n.jpg

Edited by Nachimir

Penetration testing an MMO isn't exactly your run of the mill games testing job TP.

Ah, yes. That would make a lot more sense (Ian does do that sort of thing for a living afterall - lol!). I was thrown when he wrote: "Possibly the best salary for games tester I've ever seen."

Not even a form letter response from NamcoBandai about my Enslaved DLC issues. Lazy fucks. Guess they don't care anyway since they already got my money.

So back to PSN support again. My last friendly email. After that I'm gonna ... and chew bubblegum.

Yep... time to chew bubblegum as PSN support's reply was basically: "Fuck you, we're keeping your money". I wonder if I have any bubblegum.

I am going to do something about it. Of course it will be quite mild with just some additional emails.

Took me a while, but I finished writing my response to PSN support that I still demand a refund.

One of the more fun things in PSN's response was that they couldn't give me a refund because they didn't have any procedures or technical measures to do so. Ok, I can believe that there isn't any procedure to do that. But not having the technical measure to send money, that's just a ridiculous, nay, ludicrous claim of any store.

yeah yeah... I know I'm talking to support people and that they, in person, cannot do that. But they are talking on behalf of the company.

So, time to wait for another "fuck you" response from PSN support.

If they still refuse, the only weapon you have left is publicity. For a company to not have a procedure to return money is... ludicrous.

Wow, great fucking job Sony.

Does your country have one of these, El Muerte?

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Sometimes just someone from this agency following up on on a complaint is enough to get your money back. Only had to use them once though.

If not try calling them and asking them to repeat that they are incapable of doing something as simple as refunding a credit card, then say you are recording them. It's worth a shot. Check out this episode of This American Life and the producer dealing with Sprint for reference:

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/253/the-middle-of-nowhere