gdf

Life

Yeah, nice gig OssK! :)

It sounds like you're going to do some very cool stuff that could bring the museum a lot of attention. Careful no one poaches the position out from under you.

Congrats Dan too. It seems like an age since we were sat in the pavillion gardens; I'm glad your comedy doings have continued and expanded :tup:

It sounds like you're going to do some very cool stuff that could bring the museum a lot of attention. Careful no one poaches the position out from under you.

Nobody knows the first thing about video games in there, I'm the one and only one that can present the space or even tell investors what we're gonna do there so I'm not really worried :)

Man, OssK, you have a fucking amazing job. Well done.

Dan, sounds like you are far busier than I, leaving me feeling like a jerk for complaining about anything. I hope crap calms down quick for you, particularly on the housing front. Having just gone through a "Hey, get out in a month" situation in November myself, I feel for you. There is no better feeling than coming home to a reasonably nice place after that kind of crap goes down.

So, last I checked, I live in El Paso Texas, a city in a state that gets, on average, less three feet of snowfall a year.

In the past couple days we've gone below zero multiple times. As a result, all eight of the local power generators, have iced up.

Firstly, what the fuck, city. Just because it's gone below 50 doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Abnormal, yes, but not "YA'LL GONNA DIE" type stuff.

Second, because of this, we're now receiving all our power from either;

A. The nuclear plant in Arizona

B. The free market

Which means we've had rolling blackouts all day, to conserve power. Which means when the first one happened, I lost 5 hours of progress on my Dragon Age game, and it fried the SD card on my Nook.

I am not amused, world!

It was 28 below a couple of days ago. As a result, my bus was 10 minutes late. Nothing else about my day was impacted. Listening to people in the Southern US talk about weather is hilarious to me.

Firstly, what the fuck, city. Just because it's gone below 50 doesn't mean it's the end of the world. Abnormal, yes, but not "YA'LL GONNA DIE" type stuff.

No blackouts here, but seriously I hate when weather talk happens EVERY year when there is always the obligatory week or two where it does truly get cold and we have to panic or fixate on it. Ugh.

Even worse is the guys you'll see in line at the drug store saying, "Global warming my ass, heh heh heh." Hilarious, just fucking hilarious. Like I haven't heard that every year for the last decade.

The only inconvenience to me has been the blackouts, during which I've FINALLY finished rereading the New Earth series of Star Trek books. And the cold is, meh! Having stayed in Siberia for three months, it's not a huge bother.

I do get amused by the weather anchor being nice and toasty inside in a suit, while all the other anchors are out in three coats freezing to death. Hehehe.

When I left the house this morning to catch the bus, halfway down the stairs I forgot if I remembered to lock the front door, so I chose to go back up the stairs and double-check. Turns out, I had locked the door, so I wasted about ten seconds.

When I left the house this morning to catch the bus, halfway down the stairs I forgot if I remembered to lock the front door, so I chose to go back up the stairs and double-check. Turns out, I had locked the door, so I wasted about ten seconds.

This similar incident happens to me on average once every two months.

This similar incident happens to me on average once every two months.

It almost never happens to me, but when it does, it's annoying. FML.

When I used to ride my bicycle to middle school, there one time I had woken up at 6 AM, got ready and ate breakfast for about only to glance at my watch nearly halfway there and realized it was nearly 4 AM. Apparently I had messed up my alarm clock and set the time forward a couple of hours.

Then I totally made out with iCarly.

I handed in my notice at work today. A certain aspect of the job had simply become too annoying, and while I'd been patient in spades with it, on Monday it escalated to the point of enraging me.

I waited all week to see if the feeling would abate, but it just got worse. I feel relieved, and nervous, but overall I made the right decision. There are offers of freelance work on the horizon.

Way to roll with your conscience, or whatever it was, man. Nothing like getting out of a job that just doesn't feel right. Happy for you!

I live in El Paso Texas, a city in a state that gets, on average, less three feet of snowfall a year.

In the past couple days we've gone below zero multiple times.

This really confused me at first...

I handed in my notice at work today. A certain aspect of the job had simply become too annoying, and while I'd been patient in spades with it, on Monday it escalated to the point of enraging me.

I waited all week to see if the feeling would abate, but it just got worse. I feel relieved, and nervous, but overall I made the right decision. There are offers of freelance work on the horizon.

Wow. Congrats on taking such a bold move. Good luck on making it work :tup:

This really confused me at first...

I forgot to add we've gotten something like five or so feet of snow as a result over a few days, when the norm for El Paso is something like a foot every ten years.

I mean, on first reading I thought you meant you'd gone below zero feet of snow multiple times...

I mean, on first reading I thought you meant you'd gone below zero feet of snow multiple times...

The implications of that idea are. . .frightening.

The implications of that idea are. . .frightening.

Fire is the opposite of snow. Are you currently in hell?

So, yesterday I fell into this secret region coding trap of PS3/PSN. A bunch of weeks ago I bought Enslaved (as usual from a UK online retailer). And I liked it so much I wanted to play the DLC thingy too. So last Tuesday I bought that DLC thingy on PSN, but to my surprise it didn't work.

Guess what, it appears that the UK has a different Enslaved that terrestrial Europe. And the stuff you buy from PSN depends on ... well, I don't know what it depends on, maybe country you filled in on your profile.

Anyway. The DLC I bought won't work with my copy of Enslaved.

So I contacted PSN support. And of course they redirected me to Bandai. So this is probably going to become a hassle to resolve it either way.

What was that argument console gamers often use? Oh right, on consoles things simply work. Yeah.. right...

You can get around that pretty easy El Meurte, you just have to make an account in whatever region you need to buy the DLC from. So it does have to do with the country code.

Sony is not going to tell you this because of legal reasons, I'm sure, but many have made multiple accounts to get content only available in certain regions.

Try this:

http://www.consolemonster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10663

So, yesterday I fell into this secret region coding trap of PS3/PSN. A bunch of weeks ago I bought Enslaved (as usual from a UK online retailer). And I liked it so much I wanted to play the DLC thingy too. So last Tuesday I bought that DLC thingy on PSN, but to my surprise it didn't work.

Guess what, it appears that the UK has a different Enslaved that terrestrial Europe. And the stuff you buy from PSN depends on ... well, I don't know what it depends on, maybe country you filled in on your profile.

Anyway. The DLC I bought won't work with my copy of Enslaved.

So I contacted PSN support. And of course they redirected me to Bandai. So this is probably going to become a hassle to resolve it either way.

What was that argument console gamers often use? Oh right, on consoles things simply work. Yeah.. right...

I doubt you'll get money back. That really stinks.