gdf

Life

I just got an e-mail through today detailing the date of my move in to my flat. It's in TWO days, which I wasn't exactly prepared for. I'm not sure if I HAVE to move in on that day, or whether it's just "From this date". I'm a jittery bag of nerves at this minute, trying to process everything in my head, and arrange for someone to help me move. Fuck!

BANK LOAN APPROVED :tup:

50% GOV STUDENT LOAN DEPOSITED:tup:

60% OF MY STUFF RECOVERED (Kind of wet and/or smelly, TV and artwork Kaput):tmeh:

$500 TAX REBATE AFTER I RE-DID MY TAXES :tup:

MOVERS TRYING TO GET ME TO PAY THEM $700 FOR THERE "SERVICES" :tdown:

NEVER SEEING INSURANCE MONEY FOR MY TV AND ART :tdown:

TOO BUSY IN THE LAST TWO DAYS TO WIN NEPTUNES PRIDE :tdown:

Overall, I'm *no longer ready to hang myself and feeling good. WOOOO!

edit: typo, also not a spam bot, but it looks like that kind of message. lol

Edited by Murdoc

MOVERS TRYING TO GET ME TO PAY THEM $700 FOR THERE "SERVICES" :tdown:

I would have set your stuff on fire for a mere $500

Congrats Murdoc, good to hear things are turning to a better direction! :tup:

Very glad to hear the good bits of that Murdoc :)

I would have set your stuff on fire for a mere $500

There's a 27bslash6 type letter in this.

--

Things didn't work out with that religious girl. As a friend put it to me "It's like the best love story ever... except it has the wrong ending". I'm not so sure, because I think in certain ways she'd have been very, very bad for me. I don't believe in anything "spiritual", and can only take so much hokum and homeopathy before I distance myself from someone. Romantic feelings obliterate that, but what when they've changed and calmed down later?

I feel ok. There was a month of other shit and chaos I won't talk about because it's past and just an agglomeration of trivial stuff.

I just spent another weekend camping, fire building, cooking, training, etc. I'm glad I don't have to cycle to work today, because it feels like my body might fall to bits if I did. Cycling and training is getting me incredibly fit, and stronger too. I seem to be down to a 30 inch waist, which was my size a decade ago, but never since :eek:

I'm also right back into the swing of bike maintenance, and discovered I still have a pretty decent load of tools from years back. It's done 1300 miles in 5 months; I've had to replace most of the chainset already but it's running flawlessly. Being able to look after something well is very satisfying.

It is awesome to fly sixteen hours for business meeting only to be stood up.

How does this happen? What kind of business?

I just checked out my new flat the other day, it's absolutely gorgeous. Like my HOUSE but better. Pics forthcoming on Saturday when I move all my shit properly!

I'm also right back into the swing of bike maintenance, and discovered I still have a pretty decent load of tools from years back. It's done 1300 miles in 5 months; I've had to replace most of the chainset already but it's running flawlessly. Being able to look after something well is very satisfying.

What bike do you have? I've just picked up a new road bike and am gradually building up the miles, it's been about ten years since I've ridden a bike with any regularity so I can appreciate the 'body falling apart' feeling...

S.

I got a Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc. Nothing incredibly expensive or fancy, but tough enough to throw around a bit off road :)

If I lived somewhere flatter, or London, I'd probably get an old road bike and do it up.

How does this happen? What kind of business?

I work as an IT consultant and was contracted to do some network infrastructure work for a company with offices in both the US and Japan.

It sounds like I got caught in the middle of some office politics. Essentially no one bothered to inform the Japanese branch that I was going to be there.

That is insane, Jennoa. That really shouldn't happen, ever.

Today I tried out Jodo after a year of Kendo. Jodo is Japanese stickfighting, disrespectfully speaking. And it was pretty great. I really liked it. I especially liked that it wasn't so damn competitive as Kendo, which can really get on my nerves.

That is insane, Jennoa. That really shouldn't happen, ever.

Today I tried out Jodo after a year of Kendo. Jodo is Japanese stickfighting, disrespectfully speaking. And it was pretty great. I really liked it. I especially liked that it wasn't so damn competitive as Kendo, which can really get on my nerves.

Things have not gotten any better. It is quite apparent that nobody wants me here.

Japanese business culture is kindof weird. What was that blog back in the day by that Brit who worked in the Japanese video game industry?

I have to finish a paper to finally get my PhD and study for upcoming interviews in management consulting firms. I'm basically smoking a pack a day and having an ulcer at this point... and the worst part is how Dragon Quest 9 keeps me awake until 3AM every day.

hello guys...

i think love is life....

I think you're about to get loved through the pants.

Ahahahaha! :tup: (Sorry, too funny. If I'd had liquid in my mouth, it would now be on my monitor.)

Out of curiosity, what?

Sorry I didn't answer back on this. Basically, Sweden are amazingly strict on their licensing laws. It means that you cannot buy any alcohol above 3% outside of the government run shops. And these shops generally close at 3-5PM.

I was there for a week and Stockholm was beautiful, but for some one who likes to drink and drink heavily it was a real trauma trying to get enough booze to last you all day ahead of time.

Japanese business culture is kindof weird. What was that blog back in the day by that Brit who worked in the Japanese video game industry?

Yes, I'm a bit scared if I one day move to Japan. I think I don't want to work there. I could live there, but not work. People have way too crazy ways of working there. I don't want to come home 9pm in the evening every day and just come to sleep at home and go back to work immediately when I wake up. I would have to do that in a Japanese accounting job.

Sorry I didn't answer back on this. Basically, Sweden are amazingly strict on their licensing laws. It means that you cannot buy any alcohol above 3% outside of the government run shops. And these shops generally close at 3-5PM.

I was there for a week and Stockholm was beautiful, but for some one who likes to drink and drink heavily it was a real trauma trying to get enough booze to last you all day ahead of time.

Well, Finland is like so that you can buy was it max 4,5% from regular shops and everything above that only from the govermental shop. Those close 8pm and on saturdays at 6pm. So yeah the Nordic culture is a bit different in alcohol sales when compared to many other countries.

4.7% !

It's okay since that means you can get stuff like Budvar, unlike in Sweden where you can get only horrid mellanöl.

Ah it's kinda like that here in some states (mine). You can buy beer and wine in grocery stores, but any hard liquor is only sold in state owned stores. It's good revenue for the state and it means you can actually buy liquor on Sundays (unlike most other states).