gdf

Life

Except for their bullshit licensing laws, so don't expect to enjoy drinking in Stockholm. System Bolegeta I hate you.

Yeah, I'm only 19 as well, which means I won't be going to too many clubs. It's mega lame after living here where the age for all alcohol and entry is 18. I've gone out a fucking lot this summer and I'm hoping to find some decent, reasonably cheap (as in less than 60 SEK a pint!) places.

Thanks also :tup:

Colorado was awesome, and he roads were absolutely insane. Fortunately they were also fun on the motorcycle.

2250 miles in 7 days, from 890 feet above sealevel, to 11,000.

We also rode this road (not us, but the same road):

yJtG-cnrvHw&feature=related

From this:

iphone_photo.jpg

to this:

iphone_photo.jpg

My month-long cross-country trip starts in a week. What should I be sure to check out in the western half of the US?

(if you're curious for more pictures, they're here: http://mjrobe.wordpress.com/ )

Colorado certainly has some amazing trails and sights. I love being able to hope on my bike and be out in the mountains in minutes.

Ah aha haha...

So yeah my move from Montreal? Get a call this morning from the moving company, fire in the warehouse, my stuff is probably gone.

I really should have insured the whole thing instead of the off chance a few things got broken. Shouldn't be a problem though, but man, I love my "luck" or what have you.

ps: Colorado looks nice.

Holy crap Murdoc, sorry to hear that. Are you not covered by their insurance, or does the contract fuck you?

I assume insurance covers this, it is moving insurance, I imagine.... yikes.

Either way I was dumb and didn't insure it enough, even if I get the full amount I figured they would end up breaking one or two things, not destroying all of it, so I only insured it for 3k.

Really, though, in the end I was moving very little, so the biggest loss is some art work, my mass effect 1 +2 saves, art supplies, and a nice suit that sort of didn't fit me.

Probably should have insured it for another couple grand to be fair. I'm not really angry or surprised, this moving company was sketchy from the get go, which makes me wonder if I will even get the insurance or if there was even a fire; that's the biggest problem right now that I should be way more concerned with.

Really sorry to hear that Murdoc, hopefully you will get things solved and at least get something out of that insurance.

I've been a bit depressed today, I read in the morning that Satoshi Kon had died on Monday. He was one of my most favourite anime directors and the guy was not even 50 years old... so much talent lost far too early. He had pancreatic cancer.

He visited Finland in 2008 autumn to talk about his life and his movies. As I'm a completely useless sack of crap, I didn't attend that talk as it was in Helsinki and I live on the other side of the country. I don't think I actually had anything important to do at that point. Now I'm so pissed that I didn't go there then...

So yeah my move from Montreal? Get a call this morning from the moving company, fire in the warehouse, my stuff is probably gone.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

:tdown:

Something nice for a change. This photos were taken some days ago by me while biking(that sounds bad).

Edit: Okay... forum crashes me if I try to upload more than one picture. Well, I guess this will have to do.

post-2356-1337560320713_thumb.jpg

Sweet countryside, it looks quite lovely :tup:

What is that by the road, there? A shrine?

Sweet countryside, it looks quite lovely :tup:

What is that by the road, there? A shrine?

It is a shrine to Smart Blur, the saint of effortless prettifying.

I used smart blur a few times years ago on scanned pencil drawings because I felt people would hate my scratchy shading, but I'm glad I stopped.

Life keeps on getting better...

No call on friday about my burnt or wet stuff.

Phone today, told me to call insurance company.

I call insurance company, no answer, get a call back to phone restoration company.

Call restoration company, 2 people later, they cant find my name on the list of stuff recovered.

Phone moving company: "oh, sorry about that your stuff was a total loss"

"what about insurance?"

"insurance company isn't covering this, in fact we're talking with a lawyer right now"

"I didnt get insurance with the insurance company, I got it through you, so this is your loss, not mine"

"Whos your contract with?"

"You?"

"No, no, that's Montreal, you'll have to take it up with them"(I keep getting this run around)

So anyway, have to phone Montreal tomorrow, at this point total loss, not seeing or getting a fuckin thing.

On a totally unrelated matter; does anyone know where to buy an illegal fire arm in Seattle?

On a totally unrelated matter; does anyone know where to buy an illegal fire arm in Seattle?

Jokes are fun, but maybe it'd be better to avoid a written log of these quips in light of your upcoming legal disputes. :yep:

Oh and to make this a little more linked to Idle Thumbs...

ALL my video games are gone that don't exist on steam.

R.I.P

In memory of the important ones and maybe not so important...

Super Nintendo from when I was a kid

Super Mario World

SimCity

Links Awakening

NES (my originals were lost long ago)

Super Mario Bros. 3

PC:

Windows XP

Windows 7 ( I wonder if I still have the serial for this)

Xbox 360 (you were about to die anyway, but at least I'd have the HD)

(Good bye Murdoc Shepherd, you're adventures ended before truly saving the Galaxy)

Gears of War

Gears of War special edition (unopened)

GTA 4

Bully

Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2

Fight Night Round 4

Fable

Fable 2

PS3 (The console survives alone with Red Dead, since I put this in my suitcase)

Brutal Legend

Demon Souls

Playstation 2 (or the gta machine, as I liked to call it)

FF7

Shadow of the Colossus

GTA Vice City

GTA San Andreas

GTA 3

GTA Liberty City

memory card

GameCube

Windwaker

Memory card (I was going to finish windwaker one day, honest!)

Notable Mentions of blurays and dvds, even though hundreds are now lost:

The Wire complete series

Generation Kill ( I hardly knew ye!)

Apocalypse Now

and of course the limited edition, framed art (you all were going to be worth money one day!)

Soto

Hewlett

Malin

Chinatown?

YES!

Big-trouble-in-little-China.jpg

(I've never actually seen this movie outside of repeated viewings of the box cover. I'm hoping that counts for something.)

Also that sucks Murdoc. I actually checked that list to see if I had any duplicates from junk I'm supposed to sell out of the closet on Ebay, but I don't.

Thanks man, but don't worry about it, jsut a form of therepy for me so I don't hang myself, aside from the very few personal items and just junk I liked(the games) it wasn't a huge loss.

If I ever see my insurance money it will at least cover the cost to replace a few of the games(I mean really, I only play mass effect and gta more then once) and purchase a new collection.

Glad I'm mainly a pc gamer and keep my games through steam though, so at least when I get a working computer(on grandmas) again soon, I wont be "alone"

Anyway, side note, please go watch Big Trouble in Little China; I mean I saw it when I was older and really missed the big fascination with it everyone else had, but it was actually pretty awesome if your a big Carpenter fan.(I am, he was king of the 80s)

Thanks man, but don't worry about it, jsut a form of therepy for me so I don't hang myself, aside from the very few personal items and just junk I liked(the games) it wasn't a huge loss.

If I ever see my insurance money it will at least cover the cost to replace a few of the games(I mean really, I only play mass effect and gta more then once) and purchase a new collection.

Glad I'm mainly a pc gamer and keep my games through steam though, so at least when I get a working computer(on grandmas) again soon, I wont be "alone"

Anyway, side note, please go watch Big Trouble in Little China; I mean I saw it when I was older and really missed the big fascination with it everyone else had, but it was actually pretty awesome if your a big Carpenter fan.(I am, he was king of the 80s)

Shit. I can't imagine how devastating it would be to lose all of my media. Luckily you use Steam so a decent amount of games are safe.

P.S. I'd recommend getting the GTAs and Mass Effects on a Steam sale.

(I am, he was king of the 80s)

I'm surprised to see someone who likes Carpenter as much as I do. So many of his movies were great and dorky (The Fog, Big Trouble, They Live) and some are just genuine classics (The Thing). Unfortunately the 90s weren't so kind to him.