gdf

Life

In other news, I just won the ORIGINAL Starcraft through a twitter competition. Good times!

...Me: Highly sexed atheist...

High five! Perhaps we should start an underground movement, where our members* infiltrate religious communities and destroy them from the inside with sexy love :grin:

Not that kind of member.

It sounds like the plot to an Electric Six song to me.

I have a job lot of *slightly soiled* glowing codpieces if these will help the infiltration and distribution of the lovin'

s.

I am in favour of this plan :D

I have a theory that repressed people will go absolutely nuts in bed and become the best lovers :tup:

I bet they have all kinds of freaky fetishes. "You want WHAT up your butt? What? While wearing clown shoes and the scream mask?" :grin:

I have a theory that repressed people will go absolutely nuts in bed and become the best lovers :tup:

I can vouch for this. They even take simple kissing or making-out to a whole new level.

I dunno. I found it that non-religious, non-repressed people with healthy attitudes towards sex tend to be more comfortable about it all. The religious are just getting an extra kick out of bucking the taboo (or finally getting sanctioned by the big man in the sky and his earthy bureaucracy). But at any point they could go all guilt-ridden and flip the fuck out!

We need a name that forms an appropriate acronym now :D

I await Mr JamesM and his accompanying wordy brain, or Miffy's brain, or your brain Nachimir. Mine is not of the wordy variety (although wordier than the somewhat laconic Patters..:mock:)

Sorry, my girlfriend was an atheist before we met. I don't think I'm allowed in the club.

Good stuff and bad stuff for me today;

Good stuff: I got to meet Charlie Brooker for his new show, and after an initial bout of hardened grumpiness (as per his persona), he was actually really cool. After I left the recording area, one of the helpers ran after me and said he really liked me :D

Bad stuff: Whilst being interviewed by Brooker for the show, I'm pretty sure I said stuff which will make me into the typical socially-inept nerd that prefers Lara Croft to real women. I was just trying to bring the topic round to video games so that he could ask me about something I really care about (and I know he does as well), and instead I looked like a tool xD

Good stuff and bad stuff for me today;

Good stuff: I got to meet Charlie Brooker for his new show, and after an initial bout of hardened grumpiness (as per his persona), he was actually really cool. After I left the recording area, one of the helpers ran after me and said he really liked me :D

Bad stuff: Whilst being interviewed by Brooker for the show, I'm pretty sure I said stuff which will make me into the typical socially-inept nerd that prefers Lara Croft to real women. I was just trying to bring the topic round to video games so that he could ask me about something I really care about (and I know he does as well), and instead I looked like a tool xD

You were interviewed by Charlie Brooker? That's pretty awesome. I do get the impression that he's a nice guy underneath "grumpy" exterior, which makes him infinitely more likeable.

What was he asking you about?

You were interviewed by Charlie Brooker? That's pretty awesome. I do get the impression that he's a nice guy underneath "grumpy" exterior, which makes him infinitely more likeable.

What was he asking you about?

It's for a new show he's doing called "How TV ruined your life" - basically, a bunch of us were interviewed, and he asks us about our lives: fears, hopes, loves, etc. , then compares that with how TV portrays the same thing. It's a very interesting concept.

But yeah, it was cool, and also monumentally terrifying. :)

Sorry, my girlfriend was an atheist before we met. I don't think I'm allowed in the club.

Mine wasn't, but she gets really angry if I even suggest my presence around her did anything to lead to her dropping of the whole Jesus thing. She has a point since most of her friends and previous boyfriends were atheists.

That said, wow, I just realized that she did indeed wear a crucifix when we met and at some point made a big deal of not wearing it any more. Weird that I would forget this. She is such a good atheist now, reads PZ Myers and all...

I also realize that in this light my previous post sounds like a load of shit. To my defense, she claimed to be a Catholic, but was not a particularly dogmatic one and didn't much care for repression. And she wasn't opposed to prophylactics which most religious in the Bibble Belt seem to be.

He's a massive cokehead, but clearly terrifyingly intelligent. Still manages to come across as a nice geezer; he's only grumpy about media idiocy.

I'm gonna go on a wee bit of a tangent here and ask my former

about their thoughts on this article. The gist of it is that people in Croatia who decide to declare themselves atheists end up labeled as "pinko commies" and "persecutors of all that is Croatian and Catholic". The country's stats (95% believers, 5% atheist) are even worse than those of the US (85% vs. 15% by some recent reckoning) and are prolly far worse than those of the enlightened secular Europe.

I am well aware that since the abortion of communism and the bullshit of the '90s, with the Ustaše and the Četnici coming out of the woodwork, the church on both sides had regained a political power it didn't previously have. But I was always under the impression that there was no persecution of non-believers. That the newly-out religious and the nonreligious just kindof tolerated each other. It seems it is a lot easier to declare oneself non religious in Serbia. I don't really know anyone who is any kind of religious over there.

Now that I am writing about it, it sounds completely naïve. I haven't really been paying much attention to the political scene in the Balkans in the last 10 years, and I was too young to notice nuances before.

Very broadly it seems to be a common theme in post communist societies. There was the whole thing just recently with the Orthodox church in Russia getting the government to jail some 'blasphemous' artists. It must have just taken the churches this long to get overt/visible power back.

It's for a new show he's doing called "How TV ruined your life" - basically, a bunch of us were interviewed, and he asks us about our lives: fears, hopes, loves, etc. , then compares that with how TV portrays the same thing. It's a very interesting concept.

But yeah, it was cool, and also monumentally terrifying. :)

Ha! That's just what I was complaining about on the previous page in response to Nachmir's post. Relationships are never like how they appear on TV, well most TV. In reality they're usually a million times more complicated and never go smoothly.

Sounds like quite a worthwhile show, actually.

How did you end up appearing, if you don't mind me asking?

He's a massive cokehead, but clearly terrifyingly intelligent. Still manages to come across as a nice geezer; he's only grumpy about media idiocy.

Is that true? Where did you hear it? I'be heard similar things about other famous people over the years (the coke head bit, not the grumpy bit :)

Is that true? Where did you hear it? I'be heard similar things about other famous people over the years (the coke head bit, not the grumpy bit :)

Heh. Supposition, rumour, and a friend who has met him at a media bash. Thin accusations really :D

Edited by Scrobbs