gdf

Life

Yeah, my girlfriend is going to study in Göteborg this fall, and she's having a hard time finding a place. It's still a ways off, but most of the apartments that get put up seem to disappear in a few days, or they just never reply (She's Brazillian though, so that might affect her chances. =/

Sombre, I too think you should talk to your friend when you have the chance, even if you haven't decided. If she's half as good a friend as you make her out to be, then she will be understanding of the situation.

Finally, congrats Miffy, you are an awesome dude with an awesome achievement! :3

Miffy, that's frikkin' awesome, congratulations. Again to you too Armchair :)

Sombre, it does seem like a shitty situation, but it's not as if you're gaining from her loss, or like you bilked her out of a load of money. It's disappointing, but there are worse things, and as people have said friends understand. Shame about your deposit : (

--

I have had an interesting day. A company I sometimes do work for had been invited to do a games workshop in Frankfurt. None of the directors were available, so they asked me to go. I got up at half past four this morning, flew there, co-ran the workshop, then flew back.

Nice things that happened: The captain of the plane out there forgot to switch the intercom off, and started singing softly to himself in German. The cabin crew pissed themselves laughing at him :)

My flight back was delayed by over an hour, everyone got really angry as they started boarding 15 minutes late then left us in a bus on the tarmac without any information. After that flight and one train ride, in Birmingham New Street station I bumped into someone I care about a lot but don't often see. I don't believe at all in signs, fate, destiny, that sort of bollocks, etc., but it was lovely (and weird) that so many delays and tiny decisions that were almost different led so directly to such a nice moment.

Miffy, I'm so happy for you. You're so rad (because philosophy is cool as shit). What do you plan to do next?

Starting around September, I'll be putting together a bunch of grad school applications for Fall 2011. For now, I'm sleeping til 12 every day before going to my full time awesome night job, while also attempting to put together a life with my girlfriend before she starts up the school year this fall. Fun real life stuff. Whoo!

Starting around September, I'll be putting together a bunch of grad school applications for Fall 2011. For now, I'm sleeping til 12 every day before going to my full time awesome night job, while also attempting to put together a life with my girlfriend before she starts up the school year this fall. Fun real life stuff. Whoo!

Everything about that sounds great (I'm not kidding). What will you study in grad school?

That's what the time off is to consider. My mind is currently fighting itself. The options are to continue with what I started university to do and go into professional school to be an elementary school teacher, or to keep going with philosophy as I absolutely loved it and wouldn't mind following through to attempt a doctorate and teach that one day. The latter is a lot more work, but I seem to have a talent for the subject matter and I really enjoy both the work and the presentation of it. Much to contemplate during the next few months.

Yesterday, I played Gears of War, followed by reading War and Peace. Suddenly I realized that I had been experiencing that most elusive of contents: Gears of War and Peace

Hey Miffy, I hate people who gets Firsts. Fuck you.

Holy crap, folks. I'm sitting here in a lounge chair on the beach, nary a person in sight, a glass of wine, and the sun in my face. Also, free wi-fi! Does it get any better than this!? Possibly, but this is pretty damn great!

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship
Because Pilgers is a dick

Yeah, also I googled "lounge chair" and found this:

sunball-lounge-chair_48.jpg

What the Hell are you doing?!

Boy I don't keep up with reading this thread, I just read neat slivers of peoples lives.

Anyway mines a cluster fuck, so hopefully it'll cheer someone up!

Ok I'm done in the gaming industry, Burnt the right fuck out, but that old news. I'm on week 2(3? they are blending together) of my "retirement" which is actually just summer vacation.

I actually got into school for September! So smooth sailing from here on out as long as I get a nice summer rest and work hard during school. Well sort of.

I still need to get back on the westcoast, but aside from the money I had to spend to get out of my contract at Ubisoft and the money that most moving companies want I'm left with very little luxury. So there goes my European summer vacation and my Jamaican winter vacation.. ah well, I'm going to school!

The problem is a family member needed to borrow some money, so that's gone. Furthermore I hired the cheapest movers I could find with the assumption I'll never see my goods again when they leave my apartment. The problem is I don't think they're ever coming to pick this shit up. The day they were supposed to a street festivle was going on and they refuse to double park for 15 minutes to get my stuff; it's friggin Montreal, everyone double parks, my land lord did it with two vehicles and two trailers for 2 hours the other day, there is no way in hell they are going to get parking.

So it was recscheduled today at 10am. Because of street cleaners parking was WIDE OPEN. Like unbelievably wide open. They didn't show. I phone them, they didn't phone back, I phone them again, took them about ten minutes to figure out who I was and said they would be here around 2.

Well good the fuck luck with getting parking at 2pm.

Oh yeah my student loan was approved, they aren't covering the full cost of materials or transit, just tuition, want me to contribute 2k(fair enough) but then my "living expenses" are around $450 a month and I plan on using that money for materials, which means my "living" expenses are $250 a month... in fucking Vancouver. I budgeted around $2000 a month for myself, they seem to have a different point of view on how to live. So off to the banks to go into debt until the end of time, really if I had to do this I should have tried for the American schools where the tuition starts at 150k I mean what's an extra 100k or not in debt to banks? You're fucked either way.

But fuck it, going to school. I just want to get the hell out of this fucking city and back to the west coast.

*Sorry for the anger, not really that angry... well I am, but not that bitter about it?*

Murdoc, you don't sound too angry, just stating the facts, really. Hope it comes together.

Actually it did, just needed to rant a bit. They showed up at 4(said 2) didn't care about the parking and hauled it off. We'll see in a few months if I get it back at all or in one piece, but worry free right now, hehe.

Also did the calculations for a bank loan for school so I can eat; its not bad, for being more then half a decade after I went to school it's pretty comparable to my loan from back then and that was a easy to pay off at the entry level wages I was on.

So cool beans.:tup:

Got me a route to jog, a nice mile circuit around a couple of fields, I can easily up it to multiples of that. This is what I miss about where I have lived for most of my life when in Manchester:

4706182821_9b0da21500_b.jpg

Got me a route to jog, a nice mile circuit around a couple of fields, I can easily up it to multiples of that. This is what I miss about where I have lived for most of my life when in Manchester:

That would make an awesome crop circle

This is what I miss about where I have lived for most of my life when in Manchester:

4706182821_9b0da21500_b.jpg

Telephone poles?

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Yeah, that leads to a farmhouse.

Doh! :frusty:

My joke completely missed its mark. :tdown:

Edit: No, it's genius, I tell ya!

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Congrats miffy, and my condolences Murdoc. Always meant to ask you if you fancied a beer what with you being in Montreal, shame I left it too late, the mood I am in right now would not be a good time to try that anyways as my outlook on life closely mirrors synthetic Gerbil's.

My life would be great if it weren't for a bunch of outside sources desperately trying to infringe themselves upon my gaming time.

My work is busy and stressful, that wouldn't be a problem as that is the environment I prefer to exist in at work. However, I am having friend and housemate problems (nothing serious just something to add to stress levels) that coupled with girlfriend problems has basically brought on a hereditary disease from mother that basically only hits me when I am stressed beyond my capacities (this is the first time I have ever experienced it). The skin on my hands has dried up and started peeling, if it continues long enough it will peel to the point where I start bleeding (this is how it affected my mother).

It is bizarre because I really didn't know my 'problems' were that bad and thought I'd been under more stress before (I worked as an assistant manager in an off license just off Brighton beach for 3 years, serving drunk people and chasing homeless shop lifters). I think the problem might be that these issues are all completely outside my control so I just have to buckle down and wait for everyone else to sort their own shit out so that it stops affecting me.

Anyways that was way too much of a rant that was not even remotely related to video games. It feels inappropriate to be talking of these things on the Interweb.

Lost Planet 2 is awesome...

@ brkl/Hermie

I got an email yesterday and have secured myself some student accommodation through the University. Electricity, water, internet etc. etc. all included, but it's self-catered which I was actually kind of hoping for secretly, I can spend a year eating pasta every day! Going to be living a five minute walk away from the campus, and it's about 15000 Kronor per semester, which works out around £300 a month for the time I'm there. Not too bad at all, couldn't have hoped for much better than that.

Need to get down the first 6000 by mid-July though, yikes.