gdf

Life

Hey Rodi (and sorry if this an uber dumb question) but does Kendo hurt?

It's not a dumb question! The answer is fortunately that kendo doesn't hurt. In fact, it's the full-contact sport that's least likely to fuck you up (which is why you see so many 80+ Japanese guys practice kendo still, it doesn't strain the body). You also wear an armour that protects the specific points where your opponent can hit you.

Of course, you will get a few bruises because in the heat of battle a hit is easily misplaced into, say, your ribs or arm. They're small inconveniences though. Kendo is really quite a safe sport.

I hear karate is much more painful because you're really hitting each other and grappling without protection. I wouldn't want to do that because I'm a wuss. That alone shows that kendo is within wuss-pain-bounds.

Learn to read, man.

But it stings mine eyes.

It's not a dumb question! The answer is fortunately that kendo doesn't hurt. In fact, it's the full-contact sport that's least likely to fuck you up (which is why you see so many 80+ Japanese guys practice kendo still, it doesn't strain the body). You also wear an armour that protects the specific points where your opponent can hit you.

Of course, you will get a few bruises because in the heat of battle a hit is easily misplaced into, say, your ribs or arm. They're small inconveniences though. Kendo is really quite a safe sport.

I hear karate is much more painful because you're really hitting each other and grappling without protection. I wouldn't want to do that because I'm a wuss. That alone shows that kendo is within wuss-pain-bounds.

Oh cool:tup: I thought you might pick up one or two bruises but I wondered whether there was the possibility of broken limbs etc when I saw your armour! I am interested in the idea of hitting things with a big stick you see, but my wuss-ometer is usually set to 'lover NOT fighter' so I thought I'd ask :grin:

You get to be a Samurai, I can see the attraction in that :grin:

If you have a dojo in the neighbourhood, check it out. The first half year you won't be in armour anyway, so you can just have fun swinging a stick before making a decision on whether you want to be a samurai.

Oh, hey, today is for longing for the ex again. Damn, time isn't really doing what it's supposed to.

You could also get really high... (just kidding)

Best way I think is to just keep bothering your friends to hang out, particularly friends that make you laugh.

Well, thanks to the Giantbomb Endurance Runs (I HAVE NO REGRETS!) my usage is once again neraly up and I have to wait until the 8th to use the internet again (This is on 3G).

Did a few tests and I learned that I need to hate avoid GB videos like the plague where ever possible because 1 hour of low quality streaming footage uses 500mb of usage... wow.

Getting high is always a good idea

Actually fixed.

You could also get really high... (just kidding)

Best way I think is to just keep bothering your friends to hang out, particularly friends that make you laugh.

I did just that. Should make sure I have more opportunities to get out of my head in the future.

Alternatively: beer. As Homer Simpson says, there is nothing like a depressant to chase away the blues.

Alternatively: beer. As Homer Simpson says, there is nothing like a depressant to chase away the blues.

Or as Homer says: the cause of and solution to most problems

or as Homer says:

So spake he, and a black cloud of grief enwrapped Achilles, and with both his hands he took the dark dust and strewed it over his head and defiled his fair face, and on his fragrant tunic the black ashes fell. And himself in the dust lay outstretched, mighty in his mightiness, and with his own hands he tore and marred his hair. And the handmaidens, that Achilles and Patroclus had got them as booty, shrieked aloud in anguish of heart, and ran forth around wise-hearted Achilles, and all beat their breasts with their hands, and the knees of each one were loosed be-neath her. And over against them Antilochus wailed and shed tears, holding the hands of Achilles, that in his noble heart was moaning mightily.

I just started working full 5 days a week instead of 1.5 days a week I used to do when I was studying. Feels good to be finally able to really get to know the colleagues now that I can join them on meetings, lunch and coffee breaks an so on. The atmosphere is really friendly.

Also, I have a pretty bad flu right now. It's okay, though, I'll just read books and play video games for a while.

or as Homer says:

Which episode was this?

I hate clothes shopping! Specially when it's crowded.

I bought some new pants today, same brand, same size. And because it was so crowded I decided to skip fitting the pants (didn't want to stand inline for a long time). When I came home, the pants of course were too small. Of course it's ridiculous to assume that the size of pants from the same brand stay the same. The new pants are about 4cm less wide than the old pants, even though they are exactly the same size and same brand.

I'm not getting fatter, the sizes of cloths shrink :finger:

I'm not getting fatter, the sizes of cloths shrink :finger:

"I'm not getting larger, the entire world is getting smaller around me"?

I just spent the weekend on a farm camping, fitness training, target shooting, doing martial arts and playing sneaky games at night in an adjoining disused farm. It was excellent, also there were wild horses around :tup:

In one game, we had to sneak through patrols into a derelict house+courtyard+barn to retrieve a bottle of vodka and some shot glasses. The setting and low light was a *lot* like some locations in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., which freaked me out a little at first :)