gdf

Life

I have now been unemployed for five months to the day. It is a weird feeling, that life seems like a lifetime again.

Yeh man, kind of sucks. I was out of work for most of the last 12 months. It does end after a while though.

P.s. pink shirts rock.

I bought a suit today for my graduation! I tried on a pink tie, but it was too fabulous so I ended up getting a gray one with stripes on it. I still got a pink undershirt though.

I had to pay $35 to rent a stupid gown for mine! I don't know why I keep going to these ceremonies. My grandmother flies in, so I guess I have to, but I really would be a lot happier if they'd just mailed me my high school diploma, and I'm feeling the same way about my bachelor's degree now.

I had to pay $35 to rent a stupid gown for mine! I don't know why I keep going to these ceremonies. My grandmother flies in, so I guess I have to, but I really would be a lot happier if they'd just mailed me my high school diploma, and I'm feeling the same way about my bachelor's degree now.

Over here we don't make a big deal about it, we have a ceremony, but because my high school are retarded they did it when I was in Uni, along with a load of other people.

Wait, then I completely agree with you on all counts JamesM.

Happy family again. Yay! I agree with both of you.

Suits are awesome, Wurtsi. I wish I was wearing my suit now.

MY CANDIDATE'S THESIS IS DUE IN 23 HOURS 4 MINUTES I AM FREAKING OUT

Still a lot to do I suppose?

My math professor told us once after hearing a lot of complaints about the course book he had written: "Thesis - moment's embarrassment, pride for a lifetime; Book - moment's pride, embarrassment for a lifetime." Something along those lines anyway. You probably never have to look back at it unless you want to after those 23 hours.

God damned, I'm citing professors now. Sorry.

Man, I don't know. I have this scenario in my head where they throw the stack of papers at me. "What the hell is this!? This isn't a thesis! Do it all again, with different words!"

At some point I realized I was starting to find funny the humour I found damned stupid when I started studying. A terrifying realization.

MY CANDIDATE'S THESIS IS DUE IN 23 HOURS 4 MINUTES I AM FREAKING OUT

DO IT! Getting that shit done is the best feeling in the world. I'm a month out from mine and I'm still riding the buzz. Good luck man, the last day of writing was the hardest for me, but also made me more proud than anything else I'd ever done. I assume that fatherhood will someday feel like more of an accomplishment, but for a 22 year old, this is the one. All the best to you, and knock that shit out of the park.

Man, I don't know. I have this scenario in my head where they throw the stack of papers at me. "What the hell is this!? This isn't a thesis! Do it all again, with different words!"

In a way, that would be pretty awesome actually. Not so much if something like that happened to you personally, I guess, but still. At least, you could be all like: "Fine! I'll take it to someone who's smart enough to appreciate it. You'll see!"

I doubted myself more than anything else. No confidence going in. All I can say for reassurance is, if your supervisor thinks you're going to be ready, you're ready. They've done this before and know their shit. The best possible sign you can have is that your supervisor isn't dropping hints about getting an extension. If they're behind you, you're ready, no matter what you may think of it yourself.

At some point I realized I was starting to find funny the humour I found damned stupid when I started studying. A terrifying realization.

DEFECATE THAT THESIS FROM YOUR MIND TUBES!

Yeah, you know what I'm supposed to be doing this summer? Preliminary work for my Master's Thesis...

But thanks for the support guys. Oh, BTW, my thesis is called

Unclaimed Bonanza or Myth? Computer Adventure Games as Game-Based Learning Environments

I'm in a bit of a voluntary crunch mode in the early stages of a project to avoid it later. I'm not sure if that's smart or stupid.

Yeah, you know what I'm supposed to be doing this summer? Preliminary work for my Master's Thesis...

Unclaimed Bonanza or Myth? Computer Adventure Games as Game-Based Learning Environments

monkey-island-2-first-screen.jpg

Can you cut out that shovel sign from this image and put it really large on your cover page?

That fucking shovel. I don't they would like pictures on the cover :(

Hrm, I actually appreciate that shovel puzzle, but there should be a pronounced visual cue to make sure the player pays enough attention to the sign.

Edited by brkl

Depends how you think. The game was bitching on about treasure at that point, and you HAD loads of it. Shovels go hand in hand with treasure in piratey adventures.

Holy crap, that sounds interesting.

Are you sure it's a master's thesis and not a dream?

That's not even my master's thesis yet. I had some feature creep on my candidate's thesis :x

Can you post the thesis when your done? Is that allowed? Would be a cool read if you can.

Hah. Well, you say that now... Depends what they think of it, I'm not posting the thing if I get 1 out of 5 :P

Hah. Well, you say that now... Depends what they think of it, I'm not posting the thing if I get 1 out of 5 :P

What if it was so awesome that they didn't understand it so graded it low though? The world would be denied of a revolution in thinking!

That's that then. Glad to have that out my hands. Don't know if I'm happy with it or not. I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE.

I think I'll go buy a computer tomorrow.

Congrats!

That's that then. Glad to have that out my hands. Don't know if I'm happy with it or not. I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE.

That's what I meant before.

Congratulations! I'm sure it's better than you thought it was at the point of handing it in. Everyone thinks their own work is at least a bit shit, no matter how good it actually is, unless they're a jerk.

So as a follow up on that exam, I got 40%. I'm doing the final in a private room, though, and plan to ace it. As an extra twist, I went home and re-did the paper in silence on my own. I was done in under 20 minutes. *shrug*

Also, today, I got some death threats for being an advocate of free speech. I realized that I'm not as dumb as I think I am, because it really was an uphill struggle to learn to be tolerant and understanding, and to try and see the world from a different point of view.

As such, I've decided to improve myself on all fronts. I'm exercising, and have been for a while. I'm working on my writing: it's still shit, but at least it's not a total dreck. I'm actively learning everything I can about game design, development, and production. I read science for pleasure. I'm having fun with it.

Best/worst of all, I really like this girl. She's really something else. I'm only 20, but I've had a bunch of girlfriends and, well, this one's different. I can only explain it by saying she thinks a lot, that she's been hurt a lot, and that she's crawled out of rock bottom. Admittedly, she needs religious faith as a crutch so she doesn't topple over and wither, but that's perfectly okay.

*shrug* Busy month.