gdf

Life

Had my flight cancelled today because of this. I live close to a Heathrow flight path and it's incredible how quiet it is today.

I'm sure soon enough MI6 will infiltrate the volcano base and take out Dr. Evil, and everything will be back to normal.

I'm gonna go up there and kick Bjork right in the teeth!

NO! I have no problem with violence, normally, but you don't hurt Bjork. "99 Red Balloons" = immunity for all future transgressions.

But that song is by a German band with a German woman singing...

Bjork's got a version in English, though and it's the best.

I know the accuracy on that is super contentious though...so fine: "Venus as a Boy" or "Human Behavior" or something.

All the airports in Finland seem to be closed right now as far as I know.

Mass panic! Mass hysteria!

We are all going do die!

Well, in other news I heard that they are starting to continue flying in few days even if there is ash and gas and all that shit in the air. I guess the poor airplane companies can't afford taking too much losses from cancelled flights.

Goddammit Iceland! My friend is now apparently stuck in Japan because of this. We were supposed to go play pool this weekend. :deranged:

Weeell, I'm supposed to go to Japan in July, but that three months away so I think all the transportations will be working normally by then.

Would be cool to be on vacation somewhere right now, I heard some Finnish people got free hotels etc. from the travel agencies because the return flights were cancelled.

My Candidate's Thesis is going to be craaaaap.

How so?

Incidentally, my candidate's thesis is almost complete. Good thing too since I'm sick and tired of the whole thing at this point.

Also, I'm still waiting for the ash to cover the sun entirely so I can just sit and watch and maybe listen to some doom metal.

What are you studying?

English!

I'm just too damn bone idle to get this stuff done right.

Well... Supposed to be hearing next week as to when I can start a contract. Been fucked around for a while, next week will be my 7th off. This time it's looking likely, so fingers crossed.

Then I will buy an ipad in celebration :)

Bjork's got a version in English, though and it's the best.

I know the accuracy on that is super contentious though...so fine: "Venus as a Boy" or "Human Behavior" or something.

NO Goldfinger's version is the best :shifty:.

Either way, I'm back in Manchester with my computer, which I missed while I was at home. Played a great game of TF2 yesterday with a few guys from Telltale. I have a viewing for a house on Tuesday, I decided to go with random people again due to my current housemates not being here next year. I also have my final midterm on Tuesday, for which revision seems to be going well.

Wow. The skies are clear... so weird.

Isn't it just? Latest is that it won't be safe for flights tomorrow either, and BA are afraid nothing will fly until Thursday. It's really strange to look up and not see any contrails.

Just got my piano sounds in the mail. The estimated install time is 26 hours.

ebk.jpg

I have no idea what those may be for, but am intrigued. What's up with piano sounds, 'blix?

It's quite simple. I have a controller that looks much like an Xbox 360 or PS3 controller, only it looks like this:

ftr_vmk176plus.jpg

You might notice this controller looks similar to a piano, in some ways (though much smaller, as I'm sure you can see!). Now, if I were to press one of the keys on the "piano controller", my computer machine would then choose a piano sound from one of these disks and play them through my multimedia speakers. The computer is quite smart, though, so it knows which sound goes with which key, so that it sounds almost like playing a real piano. If I put all the files inside the computer (known to computer scientists as "installing" the files on a "hard drive" or "hard disk") I don't have to leaf through all the disks to find the one with the right sound each time I press a key.

Ah, so you intend to use this "controller" in conjunction with "files" that have been "installed" on a "hard drive" to simulate the experience of playing a piano. I understand. I have never used a keyboard sophisticated enough to interact with a PC. All I've ever played have been those with internal speakers which sound kind of crap but at least let me practice. I miss the big ol' legitimate piano at my mum's house, but oh well. Haven't played in long enough that I'm probably terrible anyway.

On a music-related thought, picked up the guitar again for the first time in a while. Sadly, it was because of the Giant Bomb endurance run of Deadly Premonition and the fact that I didn't want to watch it over again just to hear that stupid whistling song. So I grabbed my acoustic guitar and started strumming and whistling along myself. Then I thought about playing other things, and with the time I'm going to have after this last week of school, I may start playing for reals again. I miss having any real musical ability to speak of.

Ah, so you intend to use this "controller" in conjunction with "files" that have been "installed" on a "hard drive" to simulate the experience of playing a piano. I understand. I have never used a keyboard sophisticated enough to interact with a PC. All I've ever played have been those with internal speakers which sound kind of crap but at least let me practice. I miss the big ol' legitimate piano at my mum's house, but oh well. Haven't played in long enough that I'm probably terrible anyway.

On a music-related thought, picked up the guitar again for the first time in a while. Sadly, it was because of the Giant Bomb endurance run of Deadly Premonition and the fact that I didn't want to watch it over again just to hear that stupid whistling song. So I grabbed my acoustic guitar and started strumming and whistling along myself. Then I thought about playing other things, and with the time I'm going to have after this last week of school, I may start playing for reals again. I miss having any real musical ability to speak of.

Here you go.

I know, but it's so much more satisfying when you do the strumming and whistling yourself. I almost want to go camping this summer solely to do that around a fire.

In other news: It's 5 in the morning and I just finished compiling the final draft of my honours thesis. Shit. I guess I'm pretty much ready to graduate now. That's some crazy emotion I'm getting from this moment.