gdf

Life

The Germans are all at the ScummVM forum, talking about Gobliiins.

Maybe if you guys talked about Gobliiins more your numbers would be through the roof.

I would fucking love to talk about Gobliiins, although both Gobliins II and Goblins III are both far superior games.

Technically I am a Merkin...

Forgive me, but a merkin is a pubic wig to me. I presume that's not what you meant, so what is it?

Edited by Scrobbs

Well so Goblins 3 is a good topic. How about that snake in Goblins 3?

Let's discuss the similar philosophies it has to Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth.

What makes Goblins 3 a (arguably) better game? How does this relate to your life and your cohabitation with Germany on the globe?

I would fucking love to talk about Gobliiins, although both Gobliins II and Goblins III are both far superior games.

Did anyone else ever notice that the music/sound in those games was done by a guy called "Moby"... It was really shit, too.

Seriously though, given their numbers I imagine there's enough German language adventure game communities that they don't need to bother looking for more international ones.
That's what I always think. But I don't know the internet very well, or Germans (or Gobliiins), so there might be another explanation.

I finally completed setting up my Onkyo C6215 home theater system. It arrived yesterday (as planned), but the HDMI cables I ordered (from an other place) didn't arrive until today. So yesterday I had to do with proper sound through HDMI, but using the analog video of the PS3. Anyway, today I hooked it all up through HDMI. I'm really satisfied with this system. The sound is good enough for me. The main reason I bought this set was because of the HDMI features, and the price (it's quite cheap). The TX SR507 AV receiver has proper HDMI support, it does HDMI Audio switching. So the audio is stripped from the incoming source and played through the receiver, and the video is passed through to the TV. Most cheap HDMI AVRs only perform HDMI passthrough and for digital audio you need to use either coax or optical inputs. I also noticed that when I turn off the AVR it will automatically perform HDMI passthrough. So when everything goes through to the TV and I still have video and audio without any actions I sound take.

So now I can finally properly enjoy playing games on my PS3. And people say gaming on a console is cheaper than on a PC. Well... so far it has cost me over 2000 euros (42" full-hd panasonic plasma, PS3, onkyo c6215 HTS, super duper awesome high quality HDMI cables (for 7 euros each)). That's more expensive than my workstation was (only 1800 euros). And I'm not even including the couch I had to buy.

Sure, I could have opted to play with the PS3 on a crappy 30cm SD TV with mono audio while sitting on the ground. But what's the point of that.

So, what are you guys doing tonight? I'm staying home and turning in early - I don't even have enough energy for the countdown. Yay me.

I'll be by my lonesome too, watching the dog while everyone back home is already sleeping :tdown: This is probably the loneliest I've felt so far on my trip to LA.

Fortunately, I have Spirit Tracks to keep me company, and chocolate chip cookies. That makes me happy. Plus, Ij ust had sushi for lunch. Shrimp tempura, mmmmmmmmmmm.

yeah, I'm taking a quiet night at home with Dragon Age, some Natchos and a 2L bottle of club soda!

Happy New Year all!!

I too am spending the evening alone, probably with Torchlight and a bottle of rum.

A couple of weeks ago my New Year was looking awesome. New house, new job and for the first time in years a date with a girl who I really really dig.

Tonight finds my rent cheque lost by the bank, me leaving my month-old job after a conflict on grounds of extreme dodginess and my date being cancelled because in the week or so since she postponed it, she has met someone else.

Strangely, all this landing at once has me now feeling extremely elated and more clear-headed than I have been in ages. Perhaps I should get a job in crisis management. Although next week I may well end up on a trip to the doctors, first time in over a year, for a new antidepressant prescription. We shall see.

Anyay, stay awesome folks, and Happy New Year to All Thumbs! :woohoo:

I had to go out of town for a wedding last week, leaving on Boxing Day and getting back on the 30th. The wedding wasn't too boring, so that was good. On returning home I thought that instead of sending the girl a text or some such to let her know I was back, I'd just show up at her door with a bottle of wine and her Christmas presents. Massive "good boyfriend" points for me. Just got home for the first more-than-an-hour stretch of time since Christmas earlier tonight. Not a bad week at all though. She even gave me a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, thus showing that even though she may hate hockey, she has accepted and somewhat endorses my loving it. Yay!

Being a sad human being, halfway reading that I had a feeling it was going to end horribly (someone hiding in the closet or something), but I'm glad to read it didn't! :tup:

I may, but my biggest contribution to this thread prior to this was "My life was going great, so some guy punched me in the face for wearing green socks outside of a bar." Given that I still (!!) have a loose tooth from that situation, I think a nice heartwarming thing is good to have.

Sorry if this is a rant, since life this year is wayyy better then how life was at the start of last year and it's mildly game related... but....

So I work in games(doesn't matter with what or who, it's not impressive at all) I'm in a mostly new city where I don't speak the language and it's freezing god damn cold... this is all mostly fine.

Anyway, I got this chance to talk to a company in the states before Christmas and things were looking hopeful, like some sort of bizzaro world hopeful where my life was actually going pretty well and things were going to be really cool. So roll 2010 and whatever equinox that shown it's luck on me faded and basically immigration takes too long for them to hire me, so that is that.

Super bummed right now because (not to brag, just I thought it was cool) was it was like like an opportunity to fullfill a life time goal and was amazingly honored that they would even talk to me, but every time I talk with an American company everything goes well until hr and attorneies are involved.

Anyway, first dissapointment of the year, not the last, hopefully the worst.

:frusty:

Oh, side question any women here (HA!) that are American and would be willing to come to an arrangement where you get a percentage of money and I could get a visa through marriage? Does that still work down there?

Figured I'd ask...

I only have a tourist visa, I smuggled myself in under false pretenses. (Well, technically I'm not earning money, so I'm not evading taxes or stealing jobs or whatever. But I did lie about my purpose here to get in for fear of the people at the airport being anal.)

Yes, and now you're confessing to everything on a public forum. I think you should rethink this course of action.