gdf

Life

For once, I'm with elmuerte ;)

'Up Aboves and Down Belows' wont be far off then!

Indeed. At 15 months, low toe and scuba dive are beyond her for now though.

T's uncle was making him practice high fives at the weekend; suffice it to say, Junior tackled the job with palm-stinging gusto. :grin:

And I'm also speechless with regards to you not liking T2, Spaggles. You're pulling our collective Thumb-leg, surely?!

I remember when it came out I was dazzled by the technical splendour, the nuclear nightmares gave me a morbid thrill and who doesn't love G&R? But I grew up with The Terminator being in the same unstoppable force club as Freddie and Jason, a horror villain in the truest sense, in my mind at least... Have you seen the Simpsons Episode where Homer is attacked by an evil Krusty doll, but it ends with the switch on its back being flipped to Good? Funny in The Simpsons NOT funny in T2. He should not be some punk kids dog. I see why people love it though so please don't lower me into a vat of molten lava - there will be no thumbs up!

Last week, I got invited to a party thrown by some people I only know a little, with instructions for all guests: "Dress as a panda or Elvis".

All week I was thinking "How on earth am I going to make a decent panda outfit for Friday?", and on Friday morning inspiration struck. I already had a white sleeveless hoodie, it just needed a black top, duct tape ears on a white hair band, and some facepaint. I got my housemate to paint my face, which took a while as she did an excellent job.

So I cadged a lift to their house, knocked on the door, and my next thought was "Hey why isn't Sophie dressed as a panda or Elvis?", and it was because the party was on Saturday. Oops. I thought about dying on the spot, but we all pissed ourselves laughing instead. They invited me in for a cup of tea, and I spent the evening helping them make Elvis costumes.

There's this guy in my calculus class (I'm doing one for summer) who is so flamboyantly gay it's a wonder he isn't sweating rainbows. I guess I felt a bit bad for him, since he was gay in a place where you don't come out if you want to live and I told him I was pro-gay and wouldn't hold it against him. We talked for maybe 40 minutes, and after he finally realised I wasn't going to beat him up he admitted he liked guys and thanked me. He told me about all the crap he has to go through because of his femininity and I told him I'd gladly be his friend, etc.

So that's my social life down the drain but I guess I can live with that. Not that I can hang out with this dude without my parents sending me to therapy or something. Maybe I should get a new girlfriend. It's been a year since the last one.

Anyways, feels good that I've made the guy feel a little less bad about himself. Now all I gotta do is blow the Madonna/Spice Girls crap from his iPod.

That's an incredible gesture of human kindness Kroms. The situation is so alien to me I can't even comprehend it. Once again I'm lost for words, I have no idea how to react to that at all.

Signor -- Thanks :) I'd assume it was what anyone would've done.

Scrobbs -- Beats crapping them, I guess.

There's this guy in my calculus class (I'm doing one for summer) who is so flamboyantly gay it's a wonder he isn't sweating rainbows. I guess I felt a bit bad for him, since he was gay in a place where you don't come out if you want to live and I told him I was pro-gay and wouldn't hold it against him. We talked for maybe 40 minutes, and after he finally realised I wasn't going to beat him up he admitted he liked guys and thanked me. He told me about all the crap he has to go through because of his femininity and I told him I'd gladly be his friend, etc.

And THEN you beat him up? Score!

(Kidding. That's pretty awesome, Kroms. I hope you're actually able to be his friend.)

I've just come back from a mini festival that a friend organised for himself, his brother and another friend's birthday. 300 people, sound system (+silent disco after 11), food tent, smoothie tent, beer tent, bouncy castle...had a fucking great time. Most fun I've had at a festival event I think. Ever. Awesome.

I went to an all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ restaurant last night and every one of those delicious animals has come back to haunt me - blurgh - I swear I can hear the chicken hearts beating in my belly.

Well I just spent yesterday getting the last of my stuff from my ex's and saying a horrible and very painful goodbye.

That sucks. May sound cheap, but don't let it bring you down for too much, too long.

I was just reading the discussion board at the Facebook group CONSERVATIVE!!! (for educational reasons) and had to butt in at legalized (edit: I meant gay) marriage, since some girl wanted to know why it should be legal.

Me:

I'll tell you why it's wrong.

1. Because our orphanages aren't full yet.

2. Because we need to waste more money on issues like Americans having their freedom instead of actually improving the country.

3. Because if they're not married they won't have sex, right? Chastity, etc.

4. Because hot women makin out is a terrible, TERRIBLE thing. Just ask any gay-hater. They'd be MUCH, MUCH happier if there were some men involved...

Oh so much funnier when I wrote it. OK, I'll go now. But California, do me a favour? I WOULD like to see some brides going at it like rabbits when I go there, so please kill of Prop 8 ASAP. Thanks.

Edited by Kroms

Well I just spent yesterday getting the last of my stuff from my ex's and saying a horrible and very painful goodbye.

Oh man, that sucks. You guys broke up? :( Hope everything mends well.

Not much going on over here. Just working a lot. And I'm moving to France in two weeks, with absolutely no plans for what to do after I get there. Apart from that, just playing a bit of Street Fighter. ho hum.

Thanks dude, it's still smarting.

So, you're moving to France on a whim? Wow... That's pretty brave... What happened to the writing career? I seem to recall you getting something published in Wired! (Or something.)

It's been crazy here this week...

My brother got married on Tuesday, so now I have a sister-in-law! But no sooner said than I was helping them move 200 miles away on Thursday night. ;(

But we also picked up another new member of the family yesterday, and he's going be living with us:

tobey.jpg

Tobey is an 11 month-old long-haired Daschund, adopted from a local rescue centre. I don't quite know where he was rescued from, though; his behaviour is impeccable! :woohoo:

He's superb with the kids and it's great to finally have a pet again that's more substantial than a flippin' goldfish... :shifty:

Awesome! What a cool looking dog!

Thank you!

Sorry to hear things didn't work out, Peel. Sounds like you've had a pretty rough couple of months or so... :hmph:

You should come run over more of your fellow Thumbs in an ice-cream truck! That always cheers me up. :yep:

You should come run over more of your fellow Thumbs in an ice-cream truck! That always cheers me up. :yep:

Hmmm... that is a good excuse to unpack the 360 :) Maybe I'll join in this Tuesday(?).

I'm also at the relationship crossroads.

I could leave if I want, things are so rocky, or I could suck it up, stay, and start the long process of rebuilding. Do I really want the freedom I so often daydreamed of, or was that an illusion? Le sigh.

Better to not think about it and go take out my frustrations by being an asshole on GAF.