gdf

Life

It could be worse. At least they're pretending to try, although I haven't seen anything promising so far - actually, the number of disappearances Intelligence is behind is increasing (or seems to be). It's not as bad as Iran, mind you - but what right do you have to torture another human being if all they did was mouth off a little, if at all?

Two others have said it the same. There is nothing to add which won't sound...impossibly facile compared with that real world situation.

Tbh, Kroms, if you're at all concerned, I'd edit your last few posts with something innocuous. Everything is possible to trace. I'll gladly co-operate with my own editing.

Good point, but I'll leave one. Worth risking it a bit to spread the word a little, I think...hope, actually. I'm linking to an "irresponsible source," and only one, so I'll be fine.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Kroms, that's enraging. I feel weirdly guilty that I'll never have to face shit like that :(

I'd like to add my condolences and respect and obligatory impotent inability to formulate a sentiment profound enough. Keep it up and don't lose hope, I suppose.

That's fucking horrendous, I really feel for you Kroms. It's horrible to think that these things still go on, but of course they do, and in a lot of countries, too. I heard similar stories about China from friends. Horrible.

I should really join Amnesty and put some money where my mouth is.

Salam Krom, I'm from Bahrain so we get some of that stuff here as well. Had it happen to family members too.

A more distant relative got killed (cousin twice removed or something). He disappeared for a week, then his parents got a call.Nothing more frightening that getting that call : "You son is outside the police station. Pick him up.*click*". They found him dead, battered to the point of being

almost unrecognizable.

Oh, wow. I don't think I've heard it getting to the point of beating to death before.

I promise myself to not get worked up about it, but I swear if one of those guys was in front of me right now I'd murder them. What right do they have? And what bothers me most of all? There's nothing we can do about it.

Either way, my condolences.

(PS: Since you're from Bahrain [the tiniest country ever haha], heka fahem 2inta 3alai? :))

Edited by Kroms

I think they call it "Arablish," :)

Oh man, there is a huge racist way to understand our two posts... I'm laughing my ass out for I didn't see it before...

New house is excellent, but now I am stuck trying to set up and look at internet, we need to get a phone line too, which is a little confusing to someone who has never done so before. as far as I understand I get the land line from BT which is £11.25 per month, then the internet on top of that, or get a virgin land line and Virgin broadband.

For some reason Idle thumbs is blocked on vodafone internet, due to adult content. also this made me laugh a little http://bt.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/bt.cfg/php/enduser/cci/bt_afdpage.php?p_sid=eBUsgVBj&cat_lvl1=346&cat_lvl2=1276&p_cv=2.1276&p_cats=346,1276

Nice find Patters, wonder how that one slipped through the net...

The green audio jack on my PC is bust, so my shitty speakers are useless. I have to get new ones that plug in somewhere else, because I bought five fucking games in the last two days and I can't play without some kind of sound.

As far as I understand I get the land line from BT which is £11.25 per month, then the internet on top of that, or get a virgin land line and Virgin broadband.

If you can get cable, don't get a domestic (i.e. BT) line.

Cable is cheaper overall, loads faster, and BT are a bunch of cunts: if the property already has a BT line but it's been disconnected, bend over for a massive £120 "reconnection" (read: "we come round and flick a switch up the road") charge. :(

Yeah, I find Virgin very efficent and helpful, and good value. See what join-up deals they've got...

thanks for the advice, I am pretty sure we are going with O2 broadband, which is a better deal, as one of my housemates is with them, so we get a discount.

Steve McNair had an affair

And it seems to have cost him his life.

The details are hazy,

But his girlfriend was crazy

And he should have just fucked his wife!

I made up that limerick in a marketing meeting today. Sorry Steve, but your name had a simple alliteration that inspired me. Also, limericks are cool. Also, yes that was very 4chan immature of me. :mock:

Also, yes that was very 4chan immature of me. :mock:

No it wasn't, because a) you had to think for yourself and B) it doesn't involve a photograph with idiot speak plastered over it in huge black font.

I approve. :tup:

Grippage's plane to Australia is leaving in forty minutes. He probably won't be joining us for more GTA anytime soon. Going to Australia is pretty awesome.

I somehow stumbled upon a NeoGaf-thread about strange/creepy/disgusting animals called 'Ungodly Creatures' and so for the last two days am flipping between that, Wikipedia and Youtube, getting excited, repelled or slightly creeped out, instead of doing some semi-important university stuff that needs to be done.

Giant crabs, little crab-parasites that replace tongues of bigger fish, eggs that grow together with the frog-mothers back, bird eating spiders, super-camouflage octopus, alien-octopus and alien-shark, etc. – I love the internet, I love planet earth.

The stuff I do for university right now is fun and interesting, as the small group of people I work with is great and it all feels a little like real academic work, all of us doing research, discussing, talking at eyelevel with the professor.

And I got accepted by the University of Tokyo as an exchange student for half a year, and, when everything goes according to plan, I will be staying in a cheap and nice students' hostel in the heart of Tokyo, some minutes walk away from Yoyogi Park.

Mankind is still for fuck (Iran, Korms' story, China, Honduras, Congo, a lot of other places), but blissful ignorance allows me to feel good right now.

[Now I am just waiting for the kick in the balls.]

Edited by castorp

I somehow stumbled upon a NeoGaf-thread about strange/creepy/disgusting animals called 'Ungodly Creatures' and so for the last two days am flipping between that, Wikipedia and Youtube, getting excited, repelled or slightly creeped out, instead of doing some semi-important university stuff that needs to be done.

Giant crabs, little crab-parasites that replace tongues of bigger fish, eggs that grow together with the frog-mothers back, bird eating spiders, super-camouflage octopus, alien-octopus and alien-shark, etc. – I love the internet, I love planet earth.

It's absolutely facinating what weird and wonderful creatures there are: particularly http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glaucus_atlanticus and http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/02/photogalleries/fish-transparent-head-barreleye-picture/index.html.

This is going to be the best week ever, I'm going to buy a severely underpriced motorcycle (my first one!) after work today, and then taking my training course through Friday/Saturday/Sunday with a break from classes on Saturday night to go see KISS.

And Monkey Island is finally hitting Xbox Live, allowing me to start my Lucasarts adventure game summer with a bang!

In closing: :woohoo::clap::woohoo:

Nice work on the crotch rocket--enjoy yourself. Still bitterly miss my Honda CBR... :violin:

Thanks Wrestle, funny you should say that, it's actually a 1980 Honda CB650C. Less of a crotch rocket and more just old school class. I love the look of hondas from the 70's/80's.

What happened to yours?