gdf

Life

Also: Just broke up with my fiance :(

Sorry to hear that, Mr. Peel. Going through a break up a year or two ago was one of the worst times I've ever had and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I wasn't even engaged.

I hope things turn out for the best!

Life is treating pretty me well currently : I just spent 4 very relaxing days in Prague, on a sort of whim (read: I set that up 2 weeks ago). Chose my time pretty well without realizing it, what with all the United Islands Festival (think J-Pop festival and substitute J-Pop Bands with drunken Czech rocker/ska-er with interludes by Belgium Jazz) and the Night of the Museums going on during the same week end.

Went to a Berstein/Jewish composers' mysic in a Kitsh Synagogue. Began wisthling 'Summetime' in a Art Nouveau Café at the very same second a very charmante german girl also did.

Talk with a guy who went from the south-east of Italy to Lisbon with a bike he bought in Turky.

Plus Mucha, Mucha, MUCHAAAAAAAAAAAA. And the Petrin Hill..

c2262f0ffb20fa19db4273c36ee84tt.jpg

Hey Patters, hang in there buddy! I've been there. Do you have Burnout for the 360? If so, we should play online so that I can make terrible jokes and awkwardly try to cheer you up.

Ooh ooh and me!

Let's set the world to rights at ~200mph, in a shower of exploding carbon fibre! :yep:

Ooh ooh and me!

Let's set the world to rights at ~200mph, in a shower of exploding carbon fibre! :yep:

sure added you too.

sure added you too.

Alright! I like where this is headed, good timing too, since I just completed my work contract and have a few days off before the next one picks up. Do you guys have Big Surf Island? I should probably pick that up...

Alright! I like where this is headed, good timing too, since I just completed my work contract and have a few days off before the next one picks up. Do you guys have Big Surf Island? I should probably pick that up...

I do, no idea about wrestlevania.

I don't, and wasn't planning to either to be honest.

We can still play the main game though... right? :getmecoat

Indeed. I've actually only played minimal amounts of BP over the last few months, Big Surf Island just sounds like a cool addition but I'll be waiting to get it once I manage to complete most of the game's regular content.

Back to the subject of...uh...life, I've been shopping around for some motorcycle gear so that I'm ready for my mid-July training course and I've run into a bit of a snag.

It's my head. It's massive. We're talking my dad's XL helmet barely going over the top of my head. Anyone know of any affordable venues through which I could obtain a comically large helmet in Canadiaville?

Edited by Shakesbeard

Yeah, you just need to download the latest patch, which is fairly large... 1.2 gig or something.

Anyone know of any affordable venues through which I could obtain a comically large helmet in Canadiaville?

Miffy is Canadian and into motorcycles. Perhaps he's your man.

Miffy is Canadian and into motorcycles. Perhaps he's your man.

Miffy is also years from being able to afford a bike. Sorry, man. All this school stuff is taking priority.

I cannot draw fast enough to get a ton of new artwork and animation for my website which hasn't been updated in 2007 so that I can get a job in a city northwest of me so that I can live with my girlfriend who is there for college. So behind. What is the secret to doing confident, efficient, and productive work in the evening when you get home from your day job doing the same? I usually end up zoning out and falling asleep. Coffee works about half the week, but I usually crash a few days later. ;(

Life is now shit because Michael Jackson just died.

I cannot draw fast enough to get a ton of new artwork and animation for my website which hasn't been updated in 2007 so that I can get a job in a city northwest of me so that I can live with my girlfriend who is there for college. So behind. What is the secret to doing confident, efficient, and productive work in the evening when you get home from your day job doing the same? I usually end up zoning out and falling asleep. Coffee works about half the week, but I usually crash a few days later. ;(

Get someone to work by your side, works super well for me.

Also I'd love to see your site :)

Not that it's too soon, just very 4chan immature of you. Besides, he doesn't even need the joker paint to look creepy.

I always watch those early Jackson 5 videos and think of the child prodigy and what could have been, but then I think that's not fair, and maybe he was happy wrapped inside his own insanity.

But now is not the time for that either, today we should just appreciate the legacy.

I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, this thing is going to be huge. It's Elvis all over again, wait for the "Jacko lives" flyers and the endless stream of impersonators and biographical movies.

R.I.P.

Seriously though, this thing is going to be huge. It's Elvis all over again, wait for the "Jacko lives" flyers and the endless stream of impersonators and biographical movies.

ffs... when will people accept it

they just returned to their home planet

A real shame that he died before he could finish this new tour.

So a distant relative has been missing for 12 days, right? And today he comes back home, beat-up and bruised like a prune, because Intelligence has seen fit to lock him up and torture him. You might wonder why.

Answer:

He criticized the country

, which is illegal and gets you tortured (yep, Dick-Cheney style torture) in jail. And there's nothing we can do about it. We have no freedom of speech (not even the press does), but we're so buddy-buddy with the West you won't hear about it except from the occasional article in the LA times and a warning from Human Rights Watch (not that you'd know from reading the papers, which 95% of my countrymen use as an exclusive news source).

Internet globalisation my ass. I'm 100% sure that half the people here couldn't tell a keyboard from a mouse. And you'll notice another thing: I didn't mention the country's name, as they could actually use it against me in court to give me a life-sentence. I can give you an untraceable hint, though.

I just wanted to give you guys a run-down on life this side of the planet.

Edited by Kroms

snip

Holy shit, that's awful. I (along with most people) forget that stuff like that still happens. It's pretty disgusting that it does.

I hardly know what to say. That's bad shit. I take living in a (relatively) free-press country for granted. That makes me feel like a heel.

Are you wanting to leave or is it more complicated than that because of family?

Would you say Iran is better, worse or similar?

People who speak out about oppressive regimes in their own countries have my ultimate respect. I don't think I would have the balls. I would meekly toe the line. I am weak.

Yeah, I started to respond 3 times before giving up because I don't think anything I can say wouldn't sound completely trite. That's horrible, man. The fact that all the news is about Jackson right now just emphasizes how soft my side of the world is, I guess.

I hardly know what to say. That's bad shit. I take living in a (relatively) free-press country for granted. That makes me feel like a heel.

Are you wanting to leave or is it more complicated than that because of family?

Would you say Iran is better, worse or similar?

People who speak out about oppressive regimes in their own countries have my ultimate respect. I don't think I would have the balls. I would meekly toe the line. I am weak.

Iran's worse. At least our leader isn't saying things like "We have no gays here." This is really the worst thing they do, this "If you say anything that is not godly praise to the government, his majesty and the country then you'll be the centre of a gangrape." That and our prisons and our lack of freedom of speech...And the fact you can get away with everything if you have the correct last name, or the right amount of money, or the right connections...that you can even, say, get into medical school if you know the right people, taking the place of someone who's actually deserved it.

I would leave...I actually have. I live in Canada, but that's me, alone. My immediate family could leave, sure. We've citizens of a certain powerful first-world country, and can go anywhere. But what about everyone else? Family's so important here, we can't just leave everyone behind. And besides, that's not my style. I'd rather fix things, you know? It scares me shitless but I'm sure change can only come from people doing the right thing...

On the other hand, things can turn on their own. Hopefully they will. I do still love this country, but there's some things that need some serious fixing here.

Edit: For those interested, you can read up (Edit: I removed the link, for safety reasons). I want to link to a blog or something, but I've become paranoid enough to wonder if they have backtracking...I'm risking it as it is, to be honest. Don't want to sound like Boyd the Milkman but I've heard enough stories about Intelligence to play it safe.

Edited by Kroms