gdf

Life

http://lab.andre-michelle.com/tonematrix

and

24600,12336,75858,120942,43092,28728,0,0,0,0,28728,43092,120942,75858,12336,24600

The copy/paste feature on this really sells it. So cool.

Life is good. Just got a new job, the weather is finally getting nicer and I got a little kitty. My lady is going on tour in three days for a week, which means I'll be catching up on all my Left 4 Dead/Chromehounds/Gears2 online modes that I couldn't play due to keeping her awake with my hootin' and hollerin' (voice chaaaat).

My lady is going on tour in three days for a week, which means I'll be catching up on all my Left 4 Dead/Chromehounds/Gears2 online modes that I couldn't play due to keeping her awake with my hootin' and hollerin' (voice chaaaat).

If you're playing on PC, myself and a few other Thumbs play most Sundays (9pm BST).

If you join the Thumbs Steam group you should see it in the calendar. You'd be more than welcome to pile on. :tup:

If you're playing on PC, myself and a few other Thumbs play most Sundays (9pm BST).

If you join the Thumbs Steam group you should see it in the calendar. You'd be more than welcome to pile on. :tup:

I've only ever played on the 360, given that my current PC is kind of garbage, although it might be able to run things on looowwww settings. I have held off on installing Steam because I'm afraid (with my current spending habits re: xbox live) that my bank account might just up and commit suicide but the prospect of playing with you guys is damn tempting. How does voice chat work? Would a decent headset run me a lot of Canadabux?

oh no it's like i'm standing on the threshold

Mine cost me about $35 Canadabux. It's not fantastic, but it seems to do the job pretty well. Also, I got it from the University Of Calgary's Microstore, which I suspect jacks up prices quite a bit, so there's that too.

The guy next to Chris is known as Wrestlevania on the forum (i.e. the one who posted the pic). The girl is unknown to us at this time.

My lights only came 48th on voting for the users top ten, but were in the other five picked by the judges, so made the final. That means that even if I come 15 of 15, I still get to do at least a bit of laser cutting :tup:

Also, I kind of fell in love with someone I shouldn't have. That's happened enough times now that it's "Oh, this again" rather than anything traumatic though :tmeh:

I've been sick for 5 days already and am working from home. The work is frustrating at the moment. Anyone who does programming, stay away from SOAP/WS-Security and any messaging systems that haven't been scientifically proven to be easy to use. I think I can't mention any names, but VOZ JroFcurer Zrffntr Oebxre can rot in hell.

On the other hand, I have an idea for a product for Java developers that might turn out awesome and might even sell somewhat. I'm spending most of my free time right now working on the prototype and if it is well received I and a few coworkers might turn it into an actual product.

Unfortunately that leaves me no time for Orbitum and other game projects.

In other words, I have no life at the moment

I'm taking a much needed week off from life now that school has ended. It's great. I've been catching up on games, watching a bunch of Planet Earth blu rays, and generally being a lazy, unproductive piece of crap. Back to work on Friday, but man, this week has been sweet.

Today, a 80 pages Design document was finished by my bare computer-assisted hands... They say it couldn't be done, I agreed. But I did it !... fuck I need to sleep...

As of today I have small yellow squiggly lines on the top left corner of my monitor, which I believe are the result of me throwing my keys at the thing after playing Spelunky for 4 hours straight. Then I ate pudding. Good day.

Life has been seriously put into perspective for me over the past few days. Doing temp work at a drop-in centre for drug addicts... I meet people who are so fucked and desperate and in agony from heroin withdrawel. The other day a woman phoned and said that she had missed her appointment for a dose of Methadone because she had tried to commit suicide. She was about to ask for another appointment but then just sighed heavily and said "never mind, it doesn't matter anymore."

That certainly is humbling, Yufster.

I don't know what I can write without coming across as unintentionally patronising, but really: well done for taking something like that on. I'd likely find doing something like that very difficult to cope with.

Not wanting to sound like a total tool, but I can't help but think that sort of work must be incredibly good for the soul, at least parts of it. Obviously it must be very difficult and harrowing, too, but... everyday folk can moan about the insanest things, and I think it's very easy to get caught up in the surrounding hot air, but when you're confronted with a genuine human problem, I think it must help to put everything else into perspective. That bit, at least, must be good.

I'm currently reading The Corner (written by David Simon, of The Wire fame) and, although I'm sure it having to confront it in real life must be a hell of a lot more difficult, it's still very potent reading. It's a real eye opener, and some of the stories are truly shocking.

Spoiler alert: it's long :P

Well two month ago I helped an old friend of my parents move things around in her house, and I came across something humbling that's kind of related to your story Yufster in a way...

Let's say it: the Friend in question is fat, ugly, her apartment is the kind of place you wouldn't enter for any quantity of money, crap piles up to the ceiling, things are on the floor everywhere, all the windows are closed, she calls the super-market and asks for delivery and so on. It stinks, it's overheated, it's humid... First time I went there, one of the worse days of my life. The yellowish dim light coming through the curtains made no clear or sharp shadow as if everything was blurry and wet.

But hey, she held me in her arms when I was a kid, said my parents although I couldn't seem to remember seeing her on any of our picture albums...

And then, moving a fucking huge rococo closet, I came across a huge photo of one of the most beautiful girl I've ever seen... Seriously, hanging there on the wall... I asked (between two 10 minute sessions of her yelling at me for not putting things rights and stepping on some of the crap on the floor) who was on that picture. Of course, she answered it was her which got me pretty shocked at that time but you would have guessed from my shitty narration.

So I finished moving things around, I threw the picture away as she asked me and got back home.

I asked my parents how they could ever have befriended such a bitch, and they said that basically, she was yound, fucking magnificent (one of my dad's old dates back in the make love not Manowar period said he) and pretty smart, she was a psychiatrist. But as she went through the 68 era, she began to think little bourgeois's problem with their mom were worthless and went to work for people who really needed help: penitentiary administration, basically high end disturbed criminals. Spent 15 years with them every day hearing about them wanting to rape and murder and eat kids, animals, old treetrunks and so on and since then would hardly get out of her house, talk or call anyone and lives in her crap.

Pretty sad story, wouldn't keep me from trying to help people but kind of made me think about wanting to change the world and ending up the other way round...

I got to spend six hours in the hospital yesterday with my girlfriend and her family. Her grandmother's liver is completely shot and they gave her 48 hours. I was out with her when she got the news, so we went straight over together. I've had to be super-strong support guy since, and can only offer sympathy and stories from my own past. First time I've met all but one of her uncles and aunts too, which is always what seems to happen in situations like this. The ol' hospital family reunion. The girl's doing ok, although I've had to remind her to actually feed herself a few times. Her birthday is next week too. Rough day all around.

Spoiler alert: it's long :P

Well two month ago I helped an old friend of my parents move things around in her house, and I came across something humbling that's kind of related to your story Yufster in a way...

Good lord, that's a weird story. It can't be as simple as you put it, though... surely?

It's been a pretty great week-and-a-half for me!

Continued working. People there seem to like what I've done so far, so it's all good. A few freelance opportunities have also show up on the side for more web stuff.

I also started guest writing for Offworld and wrote a short, little piece for Edge. I called these extra-career-icular activities. Also, after almost ten years of weblogging, this is the first time I've ever been paid to write something. :tup: Things are looking rosy, and the weather's been great too.

:amelie:

Good lord, that's a weird story. It can't be as simple as you put it, though... surely?

It sadly seem to be the case, my dad said she had a pretty happy life which lead her to be very excited about helping prisoners get better...

I imagine things got involved in the mix but apparently at the beginning she wouldn't see anyone but continued to go there and would not resign.

On a lighter note: Nowak that's a cool thing to happen to someone, I hope It'll happen again soon enough :)

Life's a bitch, it's 2 in the morning and I just finished a medieval castle for a job offer, I feel like I'm not gonna get it... But as I spent 5 hours ont those I figured I might as well put them somewhere on the internet...

Here goes some castling for my fellow thumbs

planche 1 is not medieval, the plan is too clean

planche 2 is not a castle it's a town, had to start over again

Thomas1 is more like it

Thomas2 shows you what's inside the castle

Thomas3 is for the rich part of the castle

Thomas4 is for the poor.