gdf

Life

Also, the NHL playoffs started while I was gone, so I get to watch good hockey for a couple of months too!

Miffy - I though the season was over by the time I get there in the second half of may - will there be games to go to see?

That entirely depends. Usually it ends towards the end of May/beginning of June. If a few series go to 7 games, it won't be over til June. You'll probably at least be able to catch some of the final series. As for games to go to see, I doubt it. I'm not sure which cities you're hitting on your Canadian tour. Montreal isn't looking promising, as they're already one game away from elimination. Calgary is down in their series as well. Vancouver is looking pretty good though, so if they make it far enough you may be able to catch a game. In terms of favoured teams involved this year, I prefer Montreal, then Vancouver myself, with Calgary a distant last. Looks like I'm going to end up rooting for the Canucks. Usually I'm a die-hard Maple Leafs fan, but they finished near the complete bottom of the league this season, so I'm not particularly invested in the proceedings. Still, it's always nice to watch a good game.

We will be in Vancouver and briefly in Calgary - which reminds me - we could meet up if you want? Maybe even go to a hockey game. Would your mrs come? Betina is not exactly enthralled by the idea... :grin:

The girl hates hockey, but I'd be glad to grab a beer with you if you'd like. I'm fairly close to downtown, so whatever's convenient for you probably would be no trouble for me. Getting into a playoff game could be kind of a zoo, especially as that late in the year means the Flames would have to be pretty far into the playoffs, but there's a ton of pubs around, and if a pub has a TV in Canada, it's showing hockey.

We should form an international Give your jobless thumbees a thumb up, I can arrange a few things arround at Blizzard Europe I know quite a lot of peeps there if anyone is looking for a job in France. As a Game Designer I'll be looking for one in no time so if anyone has a lead anywhere in the world, go ahead !

We should form an international Give your jobless thumbees a thumb up, I can arrange a few things arround at Blizzard Europe I know quite a lot of peeps there if anyone is looking for a job in France. As a Game Designer I'll be looking for one in no time so if anyone has a lead anywhere in the world, go ahead !

That's tempting, but I don't know French.

Lately I've been messing around with Rosetta Stone, so maybe I'll be slightly competent next year.

Yeh that would be cool to meet for a beer - I'll let ya know when we'll be in Calgary - prolly around 17th may ish.

Ah life, cruel mistress with a sense of irony.

Soooo, as much as I don't like Rock Band I decided to sit down and learn a few songs so that I would at least not completely suck at parties by being the miser and refsuing to play the thing on the grounds that a) I don't like and B) I don't like the songs.

I looked at the prices and I could have gone for the 99 dollars Rock Band kit, but didn't like the setup so I stumped for the Guitar Hero: World Tour kit with the Drums, Mic and Guitar (I was planning to give the Guitar and Mic to this girl I know that could've used them). 260 dollars later I walk home with it and set it up.

I'd been using the portable rock band kit up until then and the results had been unreliable but entertaining (pads flying off the boxes I set up every time I needed to do a drum solo). I setup up the new kit and marched through medium and some of Hard almost immediately on Rock Band.

Then my X360 died :tdown: and the way it died is not covered by warranty (it is simply not displaying a picture):tdown::tdown:

So now I'm going to return the Guitar Hero kit and get a new X360:hmph:

That'll teach me to try and be open minded.

Holy smokes, Ossk...this is really awesome!

I'm a musical genius!!! I can't believe my talent has lay hidden all these years!!! Move over Philip Glass, your days are numbered!!!!!!111

(Man this is great fun.)

Cool melody Peel but you should add a bass line to give it a bit more depth :)

So, life then...

• Changed job title--I'm now a User Experience Designer! :tup:
  • No change in pay. :tmeh:
  • Mrs V needs a major operation in August. :tdown:
  • She will be virtually bed-bound for 6 weeks. :tdown: :tdown:
  • Had to cancel annual holiday; kids in tears. :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Still, thanks to Ben, this little slice of EPIC occurred last Thursday...

th_remo-wrestle-blown-away.jpg

NB: I'm the dude not wearing glasses--you all know the other guy.

So yeah, got to meet Chris and Ben, hang out for a while and eat dinner at Sony in Central London; a good day. :tup: :tup: :tup:

You're totally touching her boobs.

Y'all bitches's jus' jealous! :violin:

It is clearly the Citizen Kane of cellular photography.