Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Rock Band / Rock Band 2

When you think about it, the Bible is the greatest crime novel of them all.

Lol. I'm sorry, it just doesn't make any sense... It's not like hiding chocolate eggs and telling children that a giant rabbit left them. That's how to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus!

hiding chocolate eggs and telling children that a giant rabbit left them

You just sound like a pervert! Reading about murders while drinking wholesome milk is what Jesus would do!

Everyone knows that Jesus likes eggs, chocolate and bunnies...

And green cellophane grass!

I think this may be the most interesting Rock Band thread on the internet.

If Pink Floyd's The Wall isn't in that game in its entirety, then Lego has really missed an opportunity. I don't care how expensive it would be to license, it's an entire album about building a wall!

WRT your questions about the ION kit Horticulture Tycoon, I got mine back in December and think it's one of the best gaming accessories I've ever used. It's flat-out marvelous and if you can see yourself playing it enough to justify the purchase, don't hesitate. I had an issue about two weeks after getting it where my yellow drum head stopped registering hits, but after a quick replacement (every part of the set is modular) I was in business again and haven't had an issue in the four months since. So damned fun.

Cool, thanks for the input, miffy. I actually cracked the yellow pad on my RB2 kit just yesterday (it still works, strangely -- if you can tolerate your stick occasionally getting caught in the crack), so I'm glad to hear how easy it is to replace the individual pads. ION here I come.

If Pink Floyd's The Wall isn't in that game in its entirety, then Lego has really missed an opportunity. I don't care how expensive it would be to license, it's an entire album about building a wall!
If that was in the game that alone would make me get the game. :D Kind of disappointed we haven't seen any PF in any GH or RB games yet, at least that I know of.

But yeah I think this is pretty silly. What will be the difference between this game and Rock Band other than the graphics are legos? Kind of the same thing with Beatles Rock Band. I hope that EA doesn't go the Activision route with RB and start releasing 6 sequels an spinoffs per year like GH currently does.

Exported all RB1 songs and installed RB2 last night. Looked over the list of available downloadable songs and albums. Holy fucking fuck.

Picked up Rock Band 2 on the weekend. Man, it's SO much more fun touring than in Rock Band 1 :tup:

Everyone who owns Rock Band 1 should upgrade immediately. To my surprise, it's definitely worth it.

Dear Idle Thumbs,

Okay, so I was getting a bit tired of playing the medium tour, since it felt more like a pattern matching game that played music if you did the right thing than an awesome game where you play the drums. So I started a medium tour and after a couple of songs, my drum set literally rose like a machine, grabbed me and bent me over its drums and forced the drumsticks up my asshole. It was a real shock to go from being bored by easiness to be molested by difficultness so quickly.

I find that my main problem is that mother loving pedal. I get cramps when trying to match the quick beats I'm now forced to play, and it makes this weird clangy sound. Is the pedal that comes with the ION drum set known to be all sorts of awesome? Is there some technique to this? It's like going from medium to hard is starting a different kind of game. I totally get the awesome and rad feeling of actually playing the drums with my arms, but my foot is like a drooling retard attached to my dick, or whatever.

Also, playing with the ION set, I got used to hitting the cymbals whenever I expected the note to be a cymbal note, and I was usually right. I find myself regressing back to not using the cymbals now, though, because I get all mixed up with the speed. Should I say with trying to be all fancy using both the yellow drum and cymbal, or should I just leave those to the solo parts?

Are you taking the game's advice and keeping the pedal pressed down between kicks? It really does help.

Also I've found that if I lift my heel off the pedal just before a quick series of kicks, I can get through it a lot easier than trying to heel-toe it. So only the ball of my foot is contacting the pedal, I find it makes it a lot easier.

By the way, if you think the jump from Medium to Hard is steep, just wait. I still have emotional scars from the first few weeks I switched to Expert.

Is anyone planning on picking up RB: Unplugged? I don't think I've been this excited about a PSP since Ridge Racer when it first launched.

Holy shit, your drum tips are both awesome and new to me. I'll try them out tomorrow. Keeping the pedal down... brilliant.

Really? I never would have made the jump to expert if I hadn"t forced myself to do that. I'm impressed you made it that far...

Okay, so I'm getting slightly better. Keeping the pedal pedalled between pedallings is nice, and it really helps on the slower, more even beats, but when the tempo rises I still cramp up, even though I'm lifting my heel off the floor. I wonder if the placement's off. I place it like I like my car pedals -- as far away as I can while still being able to reach them. Either the placement's off or I just have get used to it. Anyway, it's still awesome, and the more immediate connection to the music makes everything more fun.

I believe the proper position is to have your knee at something close to a 90 degree angle and your thigh parallel to the floor. You'll probably need a chair with adjustable height to achieve that position. For me, the point when I realized just how much fun rock band drums were was when the pedal clicked and my foot just started doing its own thing.

Okay, so I'm getting slightly better. Keeping the pedal pedalled between pedallings is nice, and it really helps on the slower, more even beats, but when the tempo rises I still cramp up, even though I'm lifting my heel off the floor. I wonder if the placement's off. I place it like I like my car pedals -- as far away as I can while still being able to reach them. Either the placement's off or I just have get used to it. Anyway, it's still awesome, and the more immediate connection to the music makes everything more fun.

??? No wonder your leg hurts! Have you done the drum trainer?