ThunderPeel2001

Brütal Legend overload...!

(Press the left analogue stick down and you'll sprint, which enables power slides and brutal running axe attacks.)

Beat it last night. Ridiculously awesome ending. Time to mop up as many of the single player achievements as possible and then maybe jump in to multiplayer a bit. Any takers?

Then I have to decide between Borderlands or Dragon Age before Modern Warfare 2. I was all set to pass up Borderlands after the last Thumbs, but the positive reviews flooding in have me intrigued. Dammit.

Beat it last night. Ridiculously awesome ending. Time to mop up as many of the single player achievements as possible and then maybe jump in to multiplayer a bit. Any takers?

I've been wanting to play some. And, preferably, with a couple people per team to disguise my terribleness. :fart:

I attempted to play against the AI again last night and FUCK ME it's hard! Has anyone else attempted this yet? I was obviously feeling a bit too cocky because I tried the "normal" difficulty and got utterly, utterly trounced.

What's weird is how the ingame battles are SO SO SO much easier. I haven't lost one so far. I played the "final battle" last night and was cake-walking it before I decided to turn it off and go to bed... but the AI Practice Mode is like an entirely different game!

Has anyone else tried beating the AI in AI Practice Mode yet? (Found under "Multiplayer".) Is it just me or is it genuinely massively difficult??

I attempted to play against the AI again last night and FUCK ME it's hard! Has anyone else attempted this yet? I was obviously feeling a bit too cocky because I tried the "normal" difficulty and got utterly, utterly trounced.

What's weird is how the ingame battles are SO SO SO much easier. I haven't lost one so far. I played the "final battle" last night and was cake-walking it before I decided to turn it off and go to bed... but the AI Practice Mode is like an entirely different game!

Has anyone else tried beating the AI in AI Practice Mode yet? (Found under "Multiplayer".) Is it just me or is it genuinely massively difficult??

were you playing in the Pleasure Tower area? I can usually handle some really, really tough AI, but even on Normal I get crushed on that map.

were you playing in the Pleasure Tower area? I can usually handle some really, really tough AI, but even on Normal I get crushed on that map.

I don't think so, I think it was Doom Mire (or something like that). Have you got any tips on strategy? The quick "large blob of units -> attack enemy stage" technique failed miserably. It seems to me that you almost have to upgrade your stage to level 3 before you even get going... (Maybe send out some headbangers to open a geyser or two while you're upgrading.) Would you agree?

I just tried that map on normal, and I managed to get a fairly clean win by building a whole lot of headbangers, some razor girls and a healing bassist or two early on and AGGRESSIVELY taking the resource points around your base. Just ignore the bridge leading straight to the enemy base to start with.

Once you have an extra two or three resource points, then upgrade your base. You'll want to build some Fire Barons (maybe three or four) to support your troops. After that, upgrade your stage again, build some headsplitters, some metal beats and some heavy guys and go crazy. You should have a strong enough hold on the map at this point that you can just go crazy and build what you like.

If your troops are getting harassed early on, double teams are your best friend. Use the head-banger double-team on groups of enemies and razor-girl double teams on your opposing avatar enemy (eddie, ophelia, deviculus).

Just be very, very aggressive. Don't spend too much time spending enemies back and forth. Keep them in a large group and send them from resource point to resource point. Also, use the flag ability, and then pick it up with Y so that all new units spawn head straight to you.

If you lose heaps of units toward the end as you assault the stage, don't get too stressed. You should have a whole lot of spare resources by that point, just rebuild! You shouldn't need a Rock Crusher, but if you're kicking ass, make one for fun. ;)

Awesome, although I haven't had much luck trying those tactics, I have to say. Usually my enemy is already going to a resource point when I'm going for my first one. Then I'll send me troops out to the one they're trying to take over and they'll go after the one I just took over... and I'll possibly lose both.

I need to keep practising, I guess! Double Teaming has saved the day on many occasions, though.

Also, looks like Tim foresaw my need!

If you have tried the Stage Battles before reading these tips, and felt overwhelmed by the controls, or frustrated with the lack of detailed troop controls, I’m hoping you will be able to take this info and go back into the fray and be much more successful. We know that the Stage Battles are tons of fun for most players—and for people who are open to new kinds of action gameplay experiences, they are in fact the core of what makes Brütal Legend a fun game experience and unlike any other. I’ll see you online!

In case people missed this, Jack Black promoting Brutal Legend on Jimmy Kimmel:

8jzk5T4RfBg

lS6zAkm34gs

04d-XKoBVQ0

7i2FaYzrJa4

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Awesome, although I haven't had much luck trying those tactics, I have to say. Usually my enemy is already going to a resource point when I'm going for my first one. Then I'll send me troops out to the one they're trying to take over and they'll go after the one I just took over... and I'll possibly lose both.

I need to keep practising, I guess! Double Teaming has saved the day on many occasions, though.

Yeah, and look, it's okay to let the enemy take a resource point or two if it comes to that. The main thing is to not let your troops get too split up and diluted. Keep them together, there is huge strength in numbers. If there's a handful of enemy troops attacking a resource point, a good strategy is fly over there by yourself and take care of them all with a Facemelter solo and some melee attacks.

Oh, that's another thing: Battle Cry is very handy. Use it when the enemy send troops at you en masse. Just play around with solos in general, they can be pretty handy at times. Bring It Down (or whatever it's called) has saved my ass in a desperate situation more than once.

I guess the best thing to do is too not over-think it. I type all this up like I have some extreme understanding of the game's minutia, but in reality, I've learnt these things by just messing with the system. I play each match by the seat of my pants, I find I have the most fun that way. Just experiment and have fun. :)

Ironically, I was in the opposite surprise situation from the one described on the podcast. I'd heard so much about the RTS aspect of the game, that I was expecting that was the main part of the game. Now that I know that's not the case, I actually want to play this.

(Press the left analogue stick down and you'll sprint, which enables power slides and brutal running axe attacks.)

ahhhhh now i need to play it all again :)

Seem like pretty respectable week-one numbers, especially considering that's only the US. If you look back through the previous weeks it's on par with or beating some pretty big franchises' week-one numbers. It's only 40,000 off Guitar Hero 5's 360/PS3 week-one sales — pity it didn't quite match it, to piss off Activision!

It would be nice to see it hit a million sometime, but that probably won't happen. If anything, this will hopefully send out a message to publishers to just attempt to take a bit more of a risk sometime with original IP.

I finished the game.

Can't escape a mild feeling of dissatisfaction with the ending. I don't know. What was up with Eddie and Ophelia not ending up together? The final boss battle was also a bit chaotic. I don't know what to think! Except that it is still nice to drive around the world.

Am I the only one who is still waiting for their copy to arrive? ;(

PS: When you post spoilers the email notification shows them even if you "covered" them ...:frusty:

I finished the game.

Can't escape a mild feeling of dissatisfaction with the ending. I don't know. What was up with Eddie and Ophelia not ending up together? The final boss battle was also a bit chaotic. I don't know what to think! Except that it is still nice to drive around the world.

Yeah I had the same feeling, but I started it up again today and well

I started to look around more and all the main characters are hanging out in places, you get to go have limited interaction with them, so the ending was a little odd, but as far as the game goes Eddie is still there and the main cast is there. I guess Ophelia was just sad to see him go for 5 minutes, because I found her at the cross monument and you just hang out with her. Did Lemmy die at the end? Just something in the graveyard eluded to it and went back to his place but he wasn't there, his men are just drinking beers.

Can someone please tell me what "clambake" means? This is the second Schafer game I've seen a character say it! Slang dictionary says it's about getting high, but... that doesn't make sense in the context it was said (driving, racing).

In Brutal Legend I guy who hates your guts is racing you says it...

In Full Throttle, the bad guys says it when you defeat them...

That doesn't sound like a good time to yell "PARTY!" to me!:hmph: