ThunderPeel2001

Brütal Legend overload...!

Yeah, it's amazing to me that these types of shows haven't developed the world's most efficient way of explaining to guests exactly what to do in those crucial moments when you get in and when they cut to commercials. I mean, the guests've been waiting in a room, right? They could tell them in there!

My favorite is when a guest gets up and tries to leave immediately after the interview is over, and the host has to physically stop them so it doesn't look like the guy is so eager to get the hell out of there.

Oh, and speaking as a fan of both The Roots and Tim Schafer, I fucking love this picture:

mmr.jpg

Either Questlove is way larger than I thought, or Tim Schafer is way smaller.

mmr.jpg

Either Questlove is way larger than I thought, or Tim Schafer is way smaller.

Hahahaha, oh man, it looks like Lil' Tim is sitting in Brother Question's lap. It is probably a trick of the lighting that makes Questlove look like he is in the background... um... right? :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Oh, holy fuck, what is going on in this world when the legendary Roots crew are performing as a backup band for mister Jimmy "Some Chimpanzee" Fallon?! I just realized this as I looked at the dude's show's wiki page.

That just sounds like a large vehicle/train/boat wreck waiting to happen.

Anyways, I do hope this sort of thing helps to put more game designers in mainstream media light, for better or worse.

Holy fuck, it's just hit me that the game of the year (probably) is gonna hit the UK in 6 days (less for the US).It came really fast.

"Tim Shafer is one of the funniest guys in games and Jack Black is one of the funniest guys in movies -- together they'll keep you ROFLing" - IGN.com

At this point it'd have to be GameStation, which gets you the Tenacious D guitar that apparently has its own special effects and sounds and shit:

http://gamestation.co.uk/search.aspx?s=brutal+legend&platform=*&ctl00%24SearchGo.x=0&ctl00%24SearchGo.y=0

GAME were offering the demo access and Tenacious D guitar, but it looks like both are no longer advertised on their pre-order page so I'm not sure whether or not you still get the guitar.

Dear Mr. Thrik, that you for your helpful correspondence re: pre-ordering Brutal Legend. I have taken your advice and pre-ordered it from GameStation. However, I've just remembered that our mail system is completed messed up, and I'm wondering if that was a wise move ;(

Your friend,

ThunderPeel2001

"Tim Shafer is one of the funniest guys in games and Jack Black is one of the funniest guys in movies -- together they'll keep you ROFLing" - IGN.com

Yup, that pretty much sums up the awfulness of IGN. I don't think I've ever ROFLed in my life. What a pack of wankers.

Yup, that pretty much sums up the awfulness of IGN. I don't think I've ever ROFLed in my life. What a pack of wankers.

That really is a horrible quote isn't it? I have a hard time these days believing that IGN aren't doing it on purpose.

Apropos of nothing, I like it when people try to pronounce internet acronyms. To me, ROFL sounds like that noise you make when you try to stifle a laugh, and snot comes out out your nose.

My copy should come in the mail tomorrow. I agree that the release did sort of sneak up on me. Can't wait to play it.

I'm sure plenty of people have done it stoned... but I'd be amazed if Brutal Legend, with all the best hopes for it in the world, makes a single human being roll around on the floor laughing.

It will, however, make people giggle until their sides split.

It will, however, make people giggle until their sides split.

GUTSS?

Hey, it's Oct 13th here. Where's my Brütal Legend??? (actually, I'll probably not play it on day 1, want to finish Risen first)

Wait. Am I correct in my understanding that the RTS gameplay the main focus of the story mode?

Doesn't that sort of undermine the badass-ness of it?

Doesn't that make the demo kind of insincere?

Is it awesome anyway?

Tell me when you find out.