Moosferatu

Tim turns 37

Today just happens to be Tim Schafer's 37th birthday. So, flood his mail box, I guess. Or something. :partyhat:

Also, Yufster, I think it would be hilarious if that guy who you 'sold' a copy of Psychonauts to decides to look up more about it online, and stumbles upon your post on CoT. :gaming:

Hang on a second, I wasn't lying.

Ah! That means then that it was deadworm who was doing the lying, and on Tim's birthday too. Shame on you. :deranged:

Tim ages like a wine. With each year, he becomes double fine.

:erm: That was incredibly lame.

EDIT: And it made no sense.

info@doublefine

True to my ways I asked for the address, and a couple of seconds later figured that it probably was info@doublefine dot com, and sent the mail promptly.

I saved your email from the spam killer and have passed it along to tim!

He is very old!

-info cow

I never realised Tim was so... aged.

I said this elsewhere but... MI1 came out in 90, that was 14 years ago now (fear!), so if he was, say, 33 now, that would put him at 19 when MI1 came out, which would be a bit odd.

oh. no. tim's birthday. and i forgot. great. but he got mail from me. two days later. with a lot of lying. but the problem is: i'm not good at lying and so i mixed a few lines together, called it the "tim schafer birthday rap" and sent them too.

brrrrr. i wish i'd never sent this stuff. i'm too impulsive. hmmm.

I said this elsewhere but... MI1 came out in 90, that was 14 years ago now (fear!), so if he was, say, 33 now, that would put him at 19 when MI1 came out, which would be a bit odd.

Not to mention, he graduated in 89 (approximately), which is 15 years ago, and if he's 37 that means he finished school at age 22, the precise age you'd expect.

Not to mention, he graduated in 89 (approximately), which is 15 years ago, and if he's 37 that means he finished school at age 22, the precise age you'd expect.

This is a little too perfect. Now I'm suspicious.

Dumb luck on Tim's part... Dumb luck and a little bit of a keen ear for words.

Yeah, he went to LucasArts pretty much right after graduating.

Where was that article that mentioned Tim's application to LA? Was it in that old interview with Garry Winick that Mojo used to have? I can't remember any more.

On a related note, fans of Tim (I'm sure that's most of us) can catch a glimpse of him in his office with his head in his hands at Ron Gilbert's Grumpy Gamer blog. Apparently Ron's been borrowing a desk at Double Fine, you see.

What does Tim's desk tell us about the mind of a gaming genius? Hard to say from such a small photo, but whatever it is, it's fascinating stuff.

Tim's office also has a small bookshelf filled with games he worked on, as well as his own personal copy of Surfin' the Highway. I know this, of course, because I was there.

Whoa, man, I bet they can fire you now! :clap: You're spreading around insider information.

... as well as his own personal copy of Surfin' the Highway.

Do you have any idea how long I've been looking for a copy of that?

Do you have any idea how long I've been looking for a copy of that?

No, but I can't sympathise at the moment because I've probably been looking myself at least as long. I was very tempted to steal Tim's. It was out in the open and unprotected.

I've been looking for a copy of Surfin The Highway for a while too, but they don't come up on eBay that much anymore and I always seem to miss out on them. What with the frequent rumourings of a new collection, I might be able to hold on that bit longer.

And just so you know, if you do steal Tim's copy, I'll blame you when Psychonauts and new Action Comics get postponed because Tim stops work and gets everyone he employs to search the offices for his book, and they never find it, even after months and months.

Tim's office also has a small bookshelf filled with games he worked on, as well as his own personal copy of Surfin' the Highway. I know this, of course, because I was there.

I hate you.

(In a nonhateful way of course)