Sign in to follow this  
Six

Darkfall

Somewhat surprised that there hasn't been a thread about this yet.

I got in on monday when they released a few clients. A lot of the time it feels like a beta (which it more or less is), but the game has a lot of bright spots and is actually quite fun.

I think they actually got the whole full loot stuff right. I was really excited about this but also skeptical (lolWoW). I haven't played much, maybe 3 hours, but it doesn't seem too gear dependent and getting more gear isn't too much of a problem.

Combat is pretty interesting, but there is definitely a lot to learn about the game mechanics and such.

Is no one interested in this or is it just that no one has been able to get an account?

I didn't even know it was still in development, so I think their publicity has failed.

Looking at it now, it's much more generic fantasy than I was expecting. And between WoW, LotRO, AoC and WaR, I have plenty of choice of high quality fantasy settings. If I was to try out a new MMO now, it would have to be a different genre setting entirely.

I can forgive the fantasy setting as long as the PVP, griefing and epic tears that follow holds up.

I agree that there are a metric ton of fantasy mmo's and most probably have more polish than this one. I don't really play them for their setting though, as stated above.