Sign in to follow this  
DanJW

Evil Thumbs 3: Army of Thumbness

Left 4 Dead action on PC

today, 29th March

9pm GMT

4 people or less = advanced campaign (unless we are ready for expert....?)

> 4 people = versus mode

I might show up for this, haven't played with you guys for a couple of weeks :yep:

Making a lobby now...

Er, also I hope all non-UK residents know that our clocks have gone forward an hour (no longer Daylight Saving Time). I am posting this at 9pm GMT.

Twas indeed fun.

Seems like it's actually worth allowing the odd random in -- that rage quit was definitely a highlight! :violin:

Very fun, although I think I sucked at versus. I have no way of making sure, though.

Anyway, what happened with that one guy. Someone said something about being annoyed, that's about what I caught. Was the random guy a dick?

Not sure. He seemed in good humour up to that point. Maybe because it was the finale, he couldn't be bothered any more. v0v

One random seemed to suddenly get really pissed off for a moment in the previous level, though I couldn't tell if that was about being asked to work together or getting constantly leapt on by Hunters.

Wasn't the same person who quit as soon as they died on the final level though. That's really shitty and a bad sport. So effing close, too...

I may actually be able to join in next week. Trying to get my headset mic working has been a bitch lately, but whatever. How many slots have been filled during recent games?

I want to start joining in on these. Just finished the Dead Air campaign solo tonight (on medium), and damn does the AI have some massive flaws.

1.) There is a part in Dead Air where the team is walking across wooden planks laid between rooftops. If you fall off the ledge, your character grabs the edge and perilously waits for a teammate to rescue him. When crossing one of the planks, Francis and Zoe got stuck in an infinite loop: Francis would fall off the ledge, Zoe would rescue him, then Francis would fall off again a few seconds later. When walking back to stop the cycle either by resetting his pathfinding or capping the bastard, I heard the distinctive cry of a hunter. I was suddenly pinned to the ground just in time to see all three AI characters fall off the edge. :frusty:

2.) When reaching the last house by the docks in the boat mission (the one you defend from a massive horde of zombies), the first thing Zoe did was to methodically break down one of the barricaded windows and climb in the house, completely neglecting the door right next to it. This wasn't just a simple misunderstanding. It took her about five attacks to break down the barricade.

3.) Is it just me, or does one character inevitably go Rambo and try to stay behind fighting once the rescue vehicle arrives?

To be blunt, the game's shit when just played with the computer and was never designed this way. The AI is only meant as a stand-in for empty multiplayer slots--and not meant to be the majority.

Please, come join us! It's superb fun and it'd be great to have another fleshy. :yep:

We played last night, but were perilously shit for reasons unknown and so couldn't complete Blood Harvest on advanced... :hmph:

I completely forgot on Sunday until it was too late.

The thing that annoys me the most about the AI is how it insists on getting right up to you before doing anything about special infected. On many occasions I've been caught by a hunter with my lone human team-mate has been otherwise engaged, and the AI characters, both of whom have a clear line of sight, completely neglect to shoot him off me, instead electing to saunter over at their leisure, completely failing to reach me before a whole mob of zombies have gathered to join in, who they handle with gentle nudges. Well, that's how it seems, anyway.