Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Star Wars...

Hey, at least they're not calling it Star Wars 3.

Star Wars 3: Anakin is Still a Whiny Little Bitch

As "Barren Wright, 32, from Modesto" points out in that article, it does have a nice symmetry with 'Return Of The Jedi'. Also, Simon Pegg (British comedy writer/actor) once said that the new Star Wars prequel titles all sound a bit like horrible parasities or diseases (this was when 'The Creeping Fear' was a much-rumoured title) - thankfully this breaks that mold.

However, none of this will matter if Lucas' story and script hasn't improved. Frankly I now see the prequel trilogy as unsalvageable, it's tainted the greatness of Star Wars as a concept for me - but I'll see it and hope for the best. So far so good with the title, let's be positive.

5 movies, and I still cant' figure out what "REVENGE" they're talking about.

at least it can't be worse than episode 2.

Oh it will be.

Original trilogy > Ep1 > Ep 2 > Ep3

continuing downfall...

Oh it will be.

Original trilogy > Ep1 > Ep 2 > Ep3

continuing downfall...

No way, Episode 2 pissed all over the first one in terms of coolness. If you put the DVD in and just hit the next chapter button every time Anakin and Padme are on screen together it can even be considered a decent movie. 1 had no such saving grace. Maybe if you skip the podracing and Jar Jar scenes, but thats most of the movie.

Episode 2 sucked a whole ton of steamy shit. Regardless, Episode 1 sucked even more. "Revenge of the Sith" is not at all a bad title, and if you think it is you clearly must also think "Return of the Jedi" is equally bad. The movie will probably still be terrible. Anyway, I haven't the slightest desire to discuss this in any greater detail than I just have. At all.

I actually liked Episode 1 better than 2.

I think there were one or two scenes in it where the actors weren't standing in front of a green/blue screen, which is old school, which was a funny movie.

the title sounds pretty good IMO ... and episode 2 wasnt all that bad, although with all this technology, they STILL havent been able to capture the epic-ness of the old trilogies battles. i watched the old trilogy on my tv set, and was in awe when the battles came up ... episode 2 (on cinema) did no such thing to me. which is a pity.

i still have some sort of hope for episode 3, but after hearing about that whole "lave battle scene" i have a feeling its not gonna be all that good ...

SiN

At least the kids like the prequels...

Of course, even with my rose-tinted nostalgia Star Wars glasses, I suspect that as the current generation of kids who like the prequels get older, they'll realize that the older ones are in fact better all around... sort of how it seems on average, kids my age liked Return of the Jedi a lot (due to C-3p0 and R2 mysteriously having wily goofball mode switched to overload, and the goofy ewoks), until they got a bit older and realized how much more was going on in terms of originality and ... quality... in the first two.

i think that you have to equip senor lucas with the technologies of around 1979 to make a good movie out of episode 3 and avoid phony "from-computer animated-background #374925-to-computer animated-background #3489, please!"-scenes. because of the fact that it's impossible to put more computer-crap into episode 3 than in the prequel it can't become worse than episode 2. impossible.

I thought the fight between Obi-Wan and Jango out in the rain was one of the greatest fight scenes in the whole series. Even though it had been super computer-fied it was awesome. Although most cases I agree with the over use of graphics. There's probably so many green screens on set that the actors don't know what's going on. That has to be rough on their acting abilities during filming.

Yeah, I do think all the technology makes for the often stilted acting of the prequels. Even a decent actor like Ewan McGregor doesn't come across too well in his scenes.

The prequels have had their cool moments, the action stuff, but the action scenes in the original trilogy were more than that, because Lucas had set up some decent characters. It just seems like there's more at stake when Luke's fighting Darth Vader. Watching it, I don't feel either is just there to fight and be killed, like I do with Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan in Episode I.

Talking about 'decent characters' in Star Wars is pretty relative, I'm not saying that anything in the original trilogy was that developed and deep, but they were endearing and interesting to watch, rather than awkward and frustrating.

There's something about the limits of the 70s/80s technology that made Lucas construct better films. When he has all this CGI and can just let his imagination run riot, his stories and characters are pretty terrible, somehow. Also, I think he should have probably delegated the directing duties and just produced.

You know that he's releasing THX 1138 in September or something, it's also filled with *special edition* useless cgi scenes.

I've seen couple of still shots.