Scrobbs

Google Streetview UK launches

Western civilisation is populated seemingly exclusively by idiots.

Friend with private twitter feed on that:

Ugly stupid racist dies. A world fails to mourn.

Funny how forgiveness and a few politically expedient statements about being saddened raise Shilpa Shetty's profile vastly too.

Funny how forgiveness and a few politically expedient statements about being saddened raise Shilpa Shetty's profile vastly too.

To be fair, Shetty was pretty graceful about that whole thing at the time. Besides, what's she going to say when the press aske her about Jade's cancer? 'Good, she was involved in some ambiguously racist conversations about me, I'm glad the bitch is dying'?

JADE GOODY IS A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN, LEAVE HER ALONE, HER LEGACY WILL SAVE MILLIONS!!!11 and she is BRAVE!!1

I was watching stand-up comedy in Brighton a few weeks ago and one of the comedians started a joke about Jade Goody, but very very quickly shut up when audience cries of "oh leave her alone!" started.

As stand-up material... She's simultaneously too easy a target and too fucking sad. I'm not surprised.

It is actually pretty sad. She wasn't really racist, either. If you'd watched the entirety of that particular Big Brother (*places bag on head*), and not just the sensational bits regurgitated by the press, you'd have seen that it was clearly a class thing.

Goody felt insecure around Shetty and thought she looked down on her. That worsened from the pressure-cooker of the BB house and the fact that Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara (who? I hear you cry) felt exactly the same way. The three of them formed an ugly, bitching, bullying clique. It was disgusting to watch, but it wasn't motivated by racism.

(Indeed all of the "outraged" complaints only came pouring in AFTER the so-called "racism" angle had been mentioned in the press -- just like with the recent Ross/Brand thing.)

Despite the latter two women having said the vast majority of the controversial comments and being the most bitchy, Goody got the all of the blame simply because the British public is too lazy to remember names.

If it had only been Shetty and Goody in the house, they would have been forced to confront their differences and come to realise that they didn't really hate each other. As it was, the three women had each other to complain to and "confirm" their stupid fears.

All this and I haven't even touched on the ugliest fact of all: This was simply a well captured cross-section of British society. I've seen similar things (and worse) my entire life -- except they weren't on TV, so that's ok then. Luckily, by removing it from our TVs, we fixed society too.

Regardless of all this, she was a 27 year old woman with two kids. It was a very shocking and sad death.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

THE HELICOPTERS ARE COMING TO GET ME.

oxsENcS548Q

TV, Radio, anything that's too noisy, just because I've not had it for such a long time, IT CONFUSES ME.

EDIT: hahaha I love the internet:

AfghansWorld (1 day ago) Show Hide

alllllllllll racist people MUST die like JADE WOODY

>zwilson08 (1 day ago) Show Hide

Jade GOODY u knob atleast get her name right for god sake, Who r u to say all racists must die? your not god, u have no right! its up to god no matter wot religion you are that god is the only one. so shut up u ignorant arse.

>>AfghansWorld (1 day ago) Show Hide

you fucking jack-pot or you fucking toss pot.... her name is JADE WOODY u ignorant COW!

Edited by Yufster

Goody felt insecure around Shetty and thought she looked down on her. That worsened from the pressure-cooker of the BB house and the fact that Danielle Lloyd and Jo O'Meara (who? I hear you cry) felt exactly the same way. The three of them formed an ugly, bitching, bullying clique. It was disgusting to watch, but it wasn't motivated by racism.

(Indeed all of the "outraged" complaints only came pouring in AFTER the so-called "racism" angle had been mentioned in the press -- just like with the recent Ross/Brand thing.)

That's interesting, but that situations like this should absolutely not be formatted into popular entertainment is exactly the reason I despise Big Brother.

All this and I haven't even touched on the ugliest fact of all: This was simply a well captured cross-section of British society. I've seen similar things (and worse) my entire life -- except they weren't on TV, so that's ok then.

Not ok. Friends and I will usually pull people up for using terms like "paki" and call them out as pond life if they really mean it.

Regardless of all this, she was a 27 year old woman with two kids. It was a very shocking and sad death.

Sure. Which got dragged through the press to make bunch of people truck loads of money.

I don't find class war a very convincing justification for using racial slurs or bullying. One distasteful thing is not an excuse for another, and our insecurities do not justify that kind of thing despite being a heavy influence on motivation.

While there is still an amazingly divided legacy class system in British culture, class war is also sometimes used as a simplistic way of encapsulating much more complex and interesting things, or a more justifiable way of saying to someone "You just don't understand", which personally I think is horse shit.

It's very sad that Jade Goody died of cancer at 27 with two kids. Also completely unrelated to what happened between her and Shilpa Shetty. I just don't get how anyone can be even slightly exposed to the press' treatment of it without feeling generally sullied. Sure, there are problems in society. How does any of this shit help?

Edited by Nachimir

Man, that Jo O'Meara video is freaky... I thought she might have been layig it on for sympathy, but she seemed pretty genuinely messed up. Christ, I feel sorry for her now. Presumably she's got her head back together again.

Sooooo...

Google Earth arrived to Finland also finally at the beginning of this week.

It's weird, I can see my rusty car in various places around the town. I knew this would be coming as I saw the Google car driving around in August 2009 in Vaasa. They even went to the yard of my family house basically, I can see the backyard of my brother, haha. :tup:

Pretty much everything has been mapped that is south of Oulu. Even the small 200 people towns are in Street View.