Sign in to follow this  
T-Matt

The Beatles Game

Anyone else insanely excited about this?

I'm wondering what songs they are going to include. There are going to be 45 according to wiki.

250$ is ridiculous for the band set. If they do something cool like rickenbacker guitars or the violin bass I'll probably buy it anyway.

Site http://www.thebeatlesrockband.com/

Probably my single most anticipated game this year. I can't wait.

I can't wait to sing to all those songs. It works with regular Rock Band too, right?

Oh yeah, should be great. Hopefully you'll be able to extract the songs and use them in Rock Band 2 or vice-versa.

I can't wait to sing to all those songs. It works with regular Rock Band too, right?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly; it's a standalone game.

Rock Band instruments? Because yeah, it should. If you mean, do the songs copy over to Rock Band, then I have no idea.

Yeah, I meant the instruments. Whether or not the game works with the regular Rock Band (or Guitar Hero, for that matter) kit.

Oh dear. ;(

After I got around to buying RB2 and GHWT my first question was "will I ever be able to buy Beatles tracks?" I never expected there to be a whole game based around their music. Aerosmith sure, Metallica? Why not. Bon Jovi? Wouldn't surprise me. But the Beatles!? The fuggin' Beatles!? I never would have expected it and I can't wait. Their music is so meaningful for me personally and so far beyond everything else out there, especially Sgt. Pepper's (one of my favorite albums of all time). I can't wait!

I would agree with that.

I don't know what this means

...and that. I feel like you might have been judged just then.

My guess is there probably won't be individual full albums' worth of material, although I hope I'm wrong!

Or they'll deliver the game with just Yesterday and the rest of the songs are DLC... Yoko Ono still owns the rights for a good amount of the Beatle songs and is quite a bitch when it comes to marketing..

My guess is there probably won't be individual full albums' worth of material, although I hope I'm wrong!

I was actually trying to start a flame war on the best Beatles album, but :getmecoat

Or they'll deliver the game with just Yesterday and the rest of the songs are DLC... Yoko Ono still owns the rights for a good amount of the Beatle songs and is quite a bitch when it comes to marketing..

Yoko? I thought the rights were split between McCartney, Michael Jackson and Sony?

Classic story that I'm sure you've all heard before: McCartney and Jacko becomes friends, working well together. One day McCartney decides to give Jacko a free tip: "Make sure you own your back catalogue -- there's loads of money to be made there. Trust me. It's what I'm planning to do."

When the time comes, McCartney finds he's been outbid for the Beatles back catalogue, only discover it was by his new "friend", Jacko. That's business!

Edit: Interesting!

I don't know what this means

Certain qualities and details of the game have come to light. Things I can't talk about publicly on a message board...

Certain qualities and details of the game have come to light. Things I can't talk about publicly on a message board...

I must know!

Yoko? I thought the rights were split between McCartney, Michael Jackson and Sony?

Edit: Interesting!

More interesting publishing rights info.

I've completely missed out on the Rock Band experience, not having the space, money or friends to make it worthwhile, but I can't think of many things cooler than playing through the Abbey Road medley with some buds (preferably properly, but plastic peripherals will do).

Wonder if they're going mix the pre-stereo stuff. It'll be weird to have a game where bass and drums through one speaker and vocals and guitar through the other, and even weirder if they mixed it with them being such well known songs.

I'm looking forward to it, but I can't see myself buying the full band set... I'm tired of plastic instruments.

I'm sorry but what the fuck?

People are getting excited about a game that compiles a bunch of songs from a band that could never, even if you like the band, have challenging moments in a Rock Band/GH evironment?

'I think I'll do Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds on expert... oh that was a disappointment'

Just go and listen to a Beatles album and rejoice at their songs, don't spend the money to get a sub-par, unchallenging gaming experience.

I'm sorry but what the fuck?

People are getting excited about a game that compiles a bunch of songs from a band that could never, even if you like the band, have challenging moments in a Rock Band/GH evironment?

'I think I'll do Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds on expert... oh that was a disappointment'

Just go and listen to a Beatles album and rejoice at their songs, don't spend the money to get a sub-par, unchallenging gaming experience.

It's terrifying how close you are to being right.