Spaff

[youtube] now exists

I hacked in some BB code so we can embed youtube clips into the forum, we are 10 years behind the rest of the internet and proud!

to use it you get the URL of the youtube video :

take the video ID : uT04VWNs8m8

then wrap that in the youtube tags, or use the handy button icon i put up there.

uT04VWNs8m8

look here for more, or well actually it's kind of less, information.

http://www.idlethumbs.net/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#youtube

thank you for your time kind sirs.

Anything else we should hack in? a Goatse.cx button could come in handy for example.

Could you hack steam so that we could embed games into the forum, I'd start a [steam ]DoW2[ /steam ]

hacked was probably the wrong term, the BB code isnt an optimal thing though, but it seems to work so, woot!

It's a bit slow but quite awesome I have to say... What about embeding a flash game ? :)

Awesome. :tup:

Even better would be if you made the player widescreen though, seeing as YouTube is officially widescreen as fuck nowadays. I believe the dimensions would be 640x360. :yep:

cool beans! I used to do just this using some greasemonkey script. But this is a much better idea :)

Ho2Q0LE-gNc

Edited by Jake
fixing your failure

Awesome. :tup:

Even better would be if you made the player widescreen though, seeing as YouTube is officially widescreen as fuck nowadays. I believe the dimensions would be 640x360. :yep:

done.

mkUZFV8g0YE

sweet

Hey, that's the Telltale Games person! 'Twas funny.

Jesus I don't know how to do fucking anything. Never mind.

That was brilliant. Fantastic artwork, too. With some improved animation, better library sound effects and being generally padded out a bit, I reckon it could be seriously amazing. I mean The Cat Came Back got nominated for an Oscar, right.

You can embed the HD version of a clip (if available on YouTube) by adding &fmt=18 after the clip ID number inside the [YouTube] tags.

Lies, damnable lies!!! :getmecoat

Edited by Wrestlevania
i r stoopid

I don't think that works does it? The embed code uses different syntax to invoke the higher quality modes, so you can't use the same trick as you do on YouTube itself — or at least I couldn't on my site. ;(

Gash, you're right. ;(

Looks like the URL vars (i.e. everything after the & char) need to go into the Flash embed markup as well and aren't doing so. More than that, it looks like YouTube/Google have recently disabled this workaround anyway. :violin:

It still works for directly quoting the full URL to a clip on YouTube e.g. in an email, but just not when played back via an external site it seems.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHihFA8q8xI&fmt=18

No, yeah, I tried the querystring thing with my embedded L4D videos. I couldn't get them to work.