syntheticgerbil

ULTIMATE GAMER (only attractive people apply)

who-wants-to-be-a-wcg-ultimate-game.jpg

"Hello, and welcome to Who Wants To Be A Millionaire World Cyber Games Ultimate Gamer!"

Cheap TV set mod ftw. I'm not even going to bother watching it. :tdown:

AHAHAH

Why is it "all-around" gamer? Surely it should be "all-round". All-around makes it sound like they're looking for the fattest gamer.

Can't wait for the RPG segment (who can write the best backstory for their character!? Tune in next week to find out!!!). Also the real-life game analogues are a quaint touch.

It's awesome when you can't tell if it's a joke.

That was the problem I was originally having. I had to check if this was seriously being before posting here, just in case I was falling for a prank.

This will be the most fucking awesome funny thing since IGN.com.

Tenner these dudes know shit about games. Also, it's another US-only competition they decided to call "World".

WORLD SERIES BASEBALL!*

*North America Only

Not that I gave much thought to that aspect of the show before, since I was too busy retching, but now I'm imagining the ultimate gamer to be a lanky 30 year old Japanese guy who can beat anyone at Puyo Pop in less than 20 seconds.

I'm only saying this because Japanese games that are not made by Nintendo tend to be really fucking hard and very good at trying your patience.

Not that I gave much thought to that aspect of the show before, since I was too busy retching, but now I'm imagining the ultimate gamer to be a lanky 30 year old Japanese guy who can beat anyone at Puyo Pop in less than 20 seconds.

I'm only saying this because Japanese games that are not made by Nintendo tend to be really fucking hard and very good at trying your patience.

Such as the crazy guy who decimated me at Puzzle Fighter - one of the few games I'm actually quite good at - in roughly eight microseconds.

Or any of these dudes.

WORLD SERIES BASEBALL!*

*North America Only

You're not bitter about it or anything though.

Actually, I feel exactly the opposite to how you do! To me, "all-round" sounds fat. "All-around" is a common phrase: http://mw1.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all-around

It's a British-American English thing. I was quite suprised when I realized some people say "turn round" instead of "turn around", and it still kind of sounds like turning into a ball to me, even though I mostly speak (crippled) British English.

You're not bitter about it or anything though.

Everyone here is bitter.

About everything.

who-wants-to-be-a-wcg-ultimate-game.jpg

"We've hidden a giant cock somewhere in this set. We can't tell exactly where, but looking at this, a cock is evoked for some reason. Maybe its us. Your challenge, gamers, is to identify it. Prepare to qualify."

INDY walks past aisles of book-lined shelves. He stops, turns, then looks down.

CONTINUED: (3)

INDY

Three, seven and ten.

He climbs a spiral staircase leading up to a LOFT and looks down at BRODY and

ELSA. The floor beneath their feet is an elaborate tile design containing a huge

dong--visible only from this higher angle.

INDY

Erm.

(wryly; to himself)

It looks like a big cock, or something.

kocs.jpg

Edited by Jake

HEEEEEY gg, didn't see that one coming XD

But yeah I use a mac... How did you know ?

That's because you're obsessed with microphones with googly eyes you sexually deviant person! We normal people who see a dong do not want to talk to you !

Loved the toshop one, I tried to make a convincing movie poster of "Ther imense «R» Conspi'acy" starring the whole forum but couldn't make it fun enough... Sorry I suck at photoshop

Would you US guys use a phrase like, "well-rounded curriculum"?

Yes, because in that case you are using "rounded" as a verb. You are basically saying, "The curriculum is rounded well."

"Around" is an adjective, so it's not really in consideration to be used in that phrase. When saying "all-around," you are basically using "all" as an adverb to modify "around."