Nachimir

"Dear Blizzard"

The whole point is that often in game some little off balanced things can ruin the whole experience. That does not happen in films or books, nor in theatre, that little off balanced thing is too small, but what makes games is their rules, all along from start to finish.

So touch the rules, you touch the whole game, and that can be one parameter, it's so easy to ruin a game that your care is almost never enough to make it perfect.

If you don't consider perfectionism a flaw then I would a have to say you are not a perfectionist, it's fucking horrible never being happy with anything you've done, having people congratulate you for something that when u look at it or remember all you can see are flaws, spending days on insignificant parts because u can't face doing it half arsed (even if you did you could get the desired result in hours). Meeting people you may be interested in and not being able to stop focusing on every tiny detail that makes them slightly wrong for you.

I could also see why an employer would see it as a terrible attribute, after a certain point in nearly every project you'll be getting diminishing returns of quality with respect to time and effort put in, so as an employer I could pay you for 100 hours of work for something of exceptional quality or 150 for two things of excellent quality, the latter is probably preferable in most cases.

Why do people even ask, "What's your worst quality?" if everyone is going to answer, "Perfectionist."

That's pretty much how I feel about CVs, and the whole job application process in general. It seems to me that the way to get employed is study the application process rather than actually developing skills, kind of like how IQ tests apparently mainly test how much practice you've had at IQ test style questions, and not actual intelligence (according to some, anyway). Then again, it's not like I'm a fountain of ability, so I guess it doesn't really make much difference to me, but I really do despise looking and applying for work. Which is the main reason I've stayed at this distinctly unspectacular job for over a year. Also I'm lazy and lacking in aspiration. Perhaps those are my worst qualities. Or maybe it's that I'm a heathen and my soul is fated to spend eternity wailing repentantly in the most godless recesses of Hell. I don't know. You tell me.

"What's your worst quality?"

"When I feel like I'm being put on the spot I have a tendency to stab people repeatedly in the mouth."

The actual IQ test is pretty accurate, as long as you don't train for it, it's like the narrative structure of epic poems, it does work as long as you don't plan it in advance ;)

Funny thing, I ran into the girl at a break that gave me this interview I talked about, and she looked shocked to see me, so we talked a little and I learned that someone with really better qualification than me had been hired at that post that I was applying for, so I went to check what was the guy's résumé, and no, office was empty, nobody got hired a friend told me... So she just turned me down because she didn't liked my face... Sure thing HR is a neat post, you just play around with people's lives as you like... hard.

IQ tests are fun quizzes, but not very useful in most cases. You want capable people for your position, and IQ tests don't test that.

I hate those questions as well, but they test whether you are willing to prepare and give the right answer when it's needed or if you're going to do your own thing, if it's a job where you are working with clients you don't want individuals who don't know how to say the right thing.

I think what interviewers really want to know is: How big is your cock?

about 8bit alarm

I did a Belbin test as part of my current employment last year, while management were hypothesising about forming new teams from current staff members.

It wasn't very interesting to do, but the results certainly made for interesting/controversial/amusing reading at any rate. If I can find my result sheet I'll post it on here for people to look at, if anyone's interested in seeing what a Belbin personality report looks like.