Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

Dragonball Z games

Soooooo... I know it's probably mediocre fare at best, but I'm strangely interested in playing a Dragonball Z fighter lately. Maybe it's because I've been watching some Youtube clips of the show and I'm getting nostalgic. But there are loads of them out there, the Budokai series and the Burst Limit one for next-gen systems.

Does anyone here have any experience on what's good? I'm not much of a fighter gamer, and it's really the characters and setting I'm aiming at. Otherwise I'd just go for Streetfighter IV of course and simply get the best fightergame of the moment.

Well I went out today and bought Burst Limit for the 360 for 15 Euros (can't go wrong there). So far it's pretty much what I expected; a decent fighter (as far as I can tell -I have zero experience), great visuals and a completely incoherent singleplayer mode. I am amused with it at the moment, so I'll just keep playing. The real fun should be in multiplayer battles. Hopefully there's enough room for depth and playing around there.

I tested one of the DBZ fighters for one day, and didn't really like it. But that was a few years ago, and I've never been a DBZ fan anyway.

The Naruto fighter games were really good though, and I enjoyed them even though I have never watched the show. So if you decide you want another anime beat-em-up, I can recommend those.

I might, though the main draw for me is really the GBZ hamminess. They even have the 'over 9000' line in there, and it's pretty hilariously awful to hear everyone say 'DARN IT' when they're defeated or killed, when you know they're really trying to swear their asses off.

When I was still interested in the show, the very first one came out and I remember enjoying it somewhat. However, the best Dragonball Z based game that I know of is that Special Forces mod for Half Life 1. Definitely worth the look.

The Naruto fighter games were really good though, and I enjoyed them even though I have never watched the show.

I found that also. I downloaded the demo of Ninja Storm on my PS3 when I was bored one day and I was actually quite impressed. I wouldn't buy it now I have SFIV though.

When I was still interested in the show, the very first one came out and I remember enjoying it somewhat. However, the best Dragonball Z based game that I know of is that Special Forces mod for Half Life 1. Definitely worth the look.

That game was soooooooo crude and diregardful for my noobness... I got on a tons of games tried every single character in the game and got raped times and times again through every single hole of my body... And even in non hollowed part. Once they started to rape me in the armpits I stopped playing it though. Which is sad... It has to be one of the top games of my "Games you love but don't love you back" list.

A friend once told me there was like budokai and budokai+something, (tenkaishi I think) and one of them is awesome the other is really fucking crap... But I don't remembre which one is which so yeah, you're welcome I like not being helpful at all and talking about my sex adventures on HL1 mods... oooooooh PVK those were the days...

Once they started to rape me in the armpits I stopped playing it though. Which is sad... It has to be one of the top games of my "Games you love but don't love you back" list.

Sounds like it loved you pretty intensely...