Sign in to follow this  
nonamermcgee

GDC

Me too, it wasn't certain but one of our clients decided they want me to represent them and do research.

Which other thumbs will be there?

I'm quite sure that some SF Bay Area thumbs will be representing.

I'm not going, but will be available for post-con boozing.

Will be hanging out in the secret games, video games (and booze) suite at the Westin this year for sure, so look me up if you want in. Last year had some interesting surprise guests depending on what time and day you visited(Jay Allard S&M party*). Thursday nights are always a hoot usually!

* Did not happen

Thumbs should be quite well represented this year. Jake and Nick and I will be there of course (not sure about Steve's presence?), and a whole bunch of the UK crew like Alex Ashby, Ben Andac, Lawrence Bishop, Bronstring Marek Bronstring, and the New Zealander Duncan Fife. Maybe even other people who I wasn't aware were coming.

Anyway we will endeavor to have extra people cast into your faces. It should be good times.

I *might* be there and check out the IGF, but I won't be going for GDC proper.

snooty.jpg

Ooh boy. J Allard will be there, won't he?

Seriously though, you had me at "secret after-party suite". :tup:

Hooray for you! (lot)

This sounds like a good wheeze. I am just jealous as I'm out of job very soon, and a holiday to SF sounds like it would be just the ticket, even though the G and D don't bear any relation to me. Or the C for that matter. ;(

I want to meet you all at GDC.

Well, except for timaste and Remo. Who I have met before. But wouldn't mind seeing again.

Just realized, I leave for San Francisco in a week and ~14 hours. So excited! :tup: SO MUCH WORK TO PREPARE. :tdown:

SO MUCH WORK TO PREPARE. :tdown:

Tell me about it. I'm running a continuous 32 hour event, then I'll get about four hours sleep, then fly out :violin:

Work to prepare? Don't you just have to throw some shit in a bag, put on your 8bit t-shirt and go? Or do you mean real work?

This week will drive me insane. A hilarious amount of preparation and getting my shit in order is necessary before GDC actually strikes.

Can we please plan on Idle Thumbs and/or Shacknews meetup or something? This is getting kinda ridiculous.

This week will drive me insane. A hilarious amount of preparation and getting my shit in order is necessary before GDC actually strikes.

Is Telltale going to be there, or are you just going on your own to goggle at Fumito Ueda/Tim Schafer?

Is Telltale going to be there, or are you just going on your own to goggle at Fumito Ueda/Tim Schafer?

Don't know of I'll be goggling at anyone, but I'm going on my own. Telltale will have a booth in the recruitment area but not on the show floor.