Chris

Contest: With Saitek Cyborg

Check your feeds, because it's

Contest Time

Far from the bright lights of the front page, hiding in the recesses of our RSS syndication, lurks our second Idle News Podblast, With Saitek Cyborg. While I was at DICE, I came across a formidable Cyborg Mouse, equipped with many powerful and exotic features. Listen to the short episode for the whole rundown, then head to the drawing board and create some kind of artwork depicting a cyborg. Then come back to this thread, and post it. The best effort, based on whatever arbitrary criteria we choose to apply, will receive the Cyborg Mouse all for him (or, less likely, her) self.

Deadline: We don't know yet, but we'll let you know when it approaches. It has approached! Vote for the winner!

minipod_itunes.png

minipod_rss.png

Edited by Jake

that's not a drawing, it's not even a cyborg

but is a mac, with as usual some weird apple peripheral

ps, what's up with the "four minutes thirty-three seconds of silence" at the end?

ps, what's up with the "four minutes thirty-three seconds of silence" at the end?

Now that you mention the number of seconds, could it be a reference to this game?

Now that you mention the number of seconds, could it be a reference to this game?

That game is a reference to the John Cage song called 4'33": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%B233%E2%80%B3 (if you listen very carefully while playing that game you will even hear the song.)

And actually, I didn't make that reference. I just recalled a song that was pure silence and looked it up. The silence in the pod blast is more like 2+ minutes. It would have been awesome if it really was 4'33"

Note: Maaaan... You mentioned Joe Pesci again... Now you'll have to metion him in every news podblast...

so, not sure if this counts, I just played around with some images in a little program called Microsoft paint...

post-2152-13375603088736_thumb.jpg

I did what every asshole with no imagination or talent and a Windows PC does. Officially, it's the transformation of the Mouse. Unofficially, it's fucking awful.

fuuckbot.png

Edited by gdf

This is an excellent way to get people to think less of me.

This is an excellent way to get people to think less of me.

Yeah, my animosity towards you just got one step further. I hate your guts, but your cyborg is awesome nonetheless :clap:

By the way, when you say "Argh you included a metallicock." What does the Argh stand for? Some kind of physic recognition of rough moments you wish you'd never have to remember ? "Argh, not the Metallicock again !"

Is that a really obscure spaced reference or am I reading too much into that? Because a spaced reference like that would make you super fucking cool :tup:

When I was writing it I was concerned that it would be suspicious to reference a throwaway line of UK TV dialog from 10 years ago, especially on a forum full of British people. Maybe not?!

When I was writing it I was concerned that it would be suspicious to reference a throwaway line of UK TV dialog from 10 years ago, especially on a forum full of British people. Maybe not?!

You forget that this is a forum full of geeks.

On a side note,

If I ever got one I'd probably make it bigger and smaller over and over when I'm bored.

That's probably the most retarded thing I've seen a mouse do

ever.

Anyway, my entry:

attachment.php?attachmentid=418&stc=1&d=1235774142

post-814-13375603089324_thumb.jpg

Decided to take the obvious path:

cyborg_logo.png

I'll improve it if I'll find the time.

Sorry.

Edited by Nappi

Decided to take the obvious path:

cyborg_logo.png

I'll improve it if I'll find the time.

Sorry.

We have a WinRAR.

i drew it with my hands

I don't actually intend to enter the contest with that pic, it's 10 years old....plus I fear the prize

they said DRAW a cyborg, photoshoping is not drawing ! >_<

It would still win if we called the contest right now!

ps kween mutha