Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyWrench

American McGee's Alice 2! Or the Return of...they don't know.

YW5ztZPEaw4

I'm giving this a :tmeh:.

I love the colorful scenes of levels that pop up in the beginning part of this short video (4 seconds at 0:20-0:23), but I seriously couldn't care less if most of the game is spent in bloody wah wah levels with gore and shit.

A minigun of some sort? Really? Was there anything like that in the first game, the last time I played that was about 7-8 years ago so I don't exactly remember. I remember there were knives, bloody knives.

Yeah the weapons in the original game were quite whimsical.

This does look a bit too actiony - the nicest bits before where the exploration and puzzle elements. But maybe they're just showing us all the action bits.

Also the Alice model looks low poly and not all that well animated. And the voice acting is bad.

Damn.

What cross-platform third-person or first person game this gen doesn't look low-poly? It's been this way for years.

Low-poly probably isn't the right descriptor. I don't really care how many polygons are in a model. Beyond Good and Evil has fantastically designed low-poly characters. WoW does too.

But the Alice here just looks rather lazy. Like they did the dress and were so happy with that, they didn't care. There's no real charm to the character design. She looks like a doll, but without the personality.

They could at least go out on something great, but this looks like it'll be a disappointment.