Sign in to follow this  
Scrobbs

Escape from City 17

I really like it. The writing is cringe-worthy though and so is some of the acting but I really, really like it. They nailed the atmosphere. The way the Combine die could have been lifted straight out of the game.

Cool. Though it irritated me that almost all the sound in the first half was coming from left.

Watching the second time, it wasn't so bad. I have crappy speakers so could be their fault.

The sound effect doesn't really fit the video. It's funny they used the same sound effect than the game but beyond the reference itself, it doesn't work.

The parts where they didn't act were awesome.

Yep.

Oh crap, now I want a Children of Men-esque Half-Life 2 film. Can it be done? Without suckage?

Now I want a Children of Men-esque Half-Life 2 film. Can it be done? Without suckage?

Anything's possible -- just depends on who eventually gets ahold of the film rights.

Wasn't there supposed to be something Half-Life-related already in the pre-production phase anyway? Is Escape it?

I agree with what's been said here; terrible acting, lazy soundwork, but excellent CGI and compositing (I'm a big fan of good compositing). Good costumes too.