Wrestlevania

Street Fighter IV

I bought a fightpad just so I could play both SF IV and Blazblue. I might actually buy BlazBlue the day it comes out for once?:hmph:

You should do that, BlazBlue is superb.

The car bashing (and barrel breaking) bonus stages are just for the retro appeal.

The real selling point of the new Super SFIV is the new lobby + replay system. Oh, if there's ever a game that's going to make me get a console in this foreign land that's going to be it.

Why would you want a console for it though? You can get a stick for the PC. Gamepads are just as bad as kbd as far as SF is concerned.

Why would you want a console for it though? You can get a stick for the PC. Gamepads are just as bad as kbd as far as SF is concerned.

He uses a Mac, and the people he plays with play on consoles?

Oh, MAC... well, if that's the case. Poor guy :D

Not really. Never mind the fact that Super hasn't been announced for PC yet.

And yes, the majority of people I know that play it do so on the 360 and, this might be a revelation to some, you can get arcade sticks (I was mostly using the Fightpad though) for the 360.

Also: consoles are a bit more transient and portable/sellable than PCs, which suits my current, er, lifestyle.

The car bashing (and barrel breaking) bonus stages are just for the retro appeal.

You make it sound like that's a bad thing... :mock:

Although, barrel breaking sucks and has always sucked (IMHO).

I ordered new parts for my stick! Black Sanwa joystick and 6 white buttons with red surround. The upgrade should take less than an hour, I tested removing the stick and a button yesterday, it was damn simple. It's going to look slick!

If anyone is up for any bouts give me a shout: SFIV (PC/360), MVC2 (360), Tekken 6 (360), Battle fantasia (360), I could be convinced to get SSF2THDR on 360 also. With Blaz blue finally being released in under 2 weeks over here, I feel the need to brush up. Then SSFIV following soon after, it's a great time to like fighting games.

I could be convinced to get SSF2THDR on 360 also.

I told you to get that months ago. I still say: get that game. You need to be able to play SF II with your "new" stick and that version is so fucking gorgeous.

I told you to get that months ago. I still say: get that game. You need to be able to play SF II with your "new" stick and that version is so fucking gorgeous.

Well I'm going to catching up on console games fairly soon, 3 weeks holiday and I can't take my PC home. :(. I have about 3000 msp burning a hole in my live account, for perfect dark and probably HD remix. They had better make Street Fighter 3 be available on XBLA.

Well I'm going to catching up on console games fairly soon, 3 weeks holiday and I can't take my PC home. :(. I have about 3000 msp burning a hole in my live account, for perfect dark and probably HD remix. They had better make Street Fighter 3 be available on XBLA.

Yes, Patters returns to the land of XBL!!!

Today is the day to get drunk and play Tekken.

Yes, Patters returns to the land of XBL!!!

Today is the day to get drunk and play Tekken.

IF I didn't have a midterm I would certainly join, though I might be able to join for a bit. I can't remember how to play tekken though...

I can't remember how to play tekken though...

No one can, that's the beauty of Tekken.

No one can, that's the beauty of Tekken.

I haven't played a tekken game in forever, but don't you basically just choose eddy and hit the kick button alot? :P

Oddly enough I just bought a Hori stick and upgraded/modded it so that I'd have a Japanese style stick to go along with my US style stick (I like to have one of each). I went with yellow buttons on black acrylic plexi because it was the closest to the grey and yellow of the namco stick I could easily get:

4437250452_64ca8ef328_o.jpg

And this is my US style stick (an upgraded/modded X-Arcade):

4437265782_c0a5502d99_o.jpg

Snip

Nice, those are some pretty slick sticks. I was tempted to pick up the Tekken 6 wireless stick, but mine works well enough and as soon as I have my parts it will outperform the Hori. I'm tempted to spray my stick black, and replace the art with something a little more subtle. Probably with the Street Fighter IV logo and Patters next to the joystick as on the spine of a book. I'm going to do a fairly comprehensive build log, even though it is unlikely to take over an hour to replace the 6 buttons and stick.

Looks like the buttons are nicely raised up on the modded stick, Patrick. Which is cool since that's one of the main problems with the 360 sticks (low-set, chinzy buttons). Still, the wireless Tekken stick is pretty nice, if anyone's considering it.

I'm up for some SF4 matches if the opportunity arises. I haven't played in a while, but I had a good streak* going at one time, playing as Dan and humiliating the Ken players.

I bow down to your stick, though, Mr. Pat.

*I had a 5 win streak at one point, but my average is 50% or something. I'm not very good.

Goddammit. This thread keeps reminding me that I needed to finish my arcade stick. It's so lame. I have all the parts I need, but I just need to build the case; I just can't find the time to do it. :(

*I had a 5 win streak at one point, but my average is 50% or something. I'm not very good.

Your average is 50%? I should have never bought this game. I've never won a match. Dammit.

Can someone give me advice on how to configure the controls for this and Super Turbo, please? I have the wireless Tekken 6 stick which has 8 buttons divided into two sets of four, one above the other, basically, it looks like the SF IV stick Patters posted a picture of a few posts above this one. I'm not sure how to configure for these games so that it won't feel awkward. I put the three punches on top and three kicks on the bottom but it feels like I have to move my hand too much to go from punching to kicking and back. Maybe it's just because I'm not an experienced fighting game player. What do you say?

Ok, even though I play on a PS3 pad pretty well, rocking people with my above average gouken skills, I think I'm going to bite the bullet on an arcade stick finally and learn how to play it. Help me find a good deal on one fellas. Or if anyone has an old one they want to pawn off on me...

http://www.amazon.com/Tekken-Limited-Wireless-Bundle-Playstation-3/dp/B002ED5ZR4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=video games&qid=1270268338&sr=1-3

This is the stick I have (except I've got the 360 version). It's a good deal since it comes with the game and it works well as an entry level stick, in my opinion. The buttons feel a little cheap, but one nice thing: the stick makes a very distinctive click as it contacts one of its directional points, so you can tell if you're hitting the three or four points you need to for a proper half circle etc. I'm sure there are plenty of people here more qualified than myself to advise you on this...but as a novice who just purchased an arcade stick back in December, I thought I might be in a position similar to the one you find yourself in. I'd always been interested in the basic systems of Street Fighter II, but suddenly I started playing it a whole lot, then I bought Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and played it a bunch with Patters. I found that it just didn't feel right to try and crank out moves on a pad, so I bought the stick when it was on sale for $60 and I've been very pleased with it. My advice is to buy something cheap if you're a casual and intermittent player, like me. The stick I've linked to is good enough to allow for better execution but also won't break the bank and then lead to you feeling guilty when you take a break from fighting games for a while. Also: don't take offense at me assuming you're a somewhat casual fighting game fan...it's just that, I figure, if you're on the fence about getting a stick, I assume you're not super hardcore. Sorry this post is so fucking long. In summation, this stick is one of several options you have. I own it and enjoy it, so I feel it is worth your consideration. If you want a wireless stick it is pretty much your only option (I think), unless you know how to build one or something...?