Garple

(IGN.com)

What would be the point of the games press without the overenthusiastic previews, eh?

They gave the "brilliant" game a 2/10 and also called it an "abomination".

Fuck IGN, and fuck most media outlets for their bullshit.

Kotaku's goofy links and creepy stories about Ashcraft's wife are less of a problem than the overall Gawker ethos, where it is acceptable to lie, troll, and deceive to generate linkbait.

I have no faith that Kotaku Core will avoid any of this and I will continue my boycott of all Gawker sites.

(Some of you might think this is no big deal, but Kotaku really doesn't treat you, the reader, with respect. Demand respect!)

IGN.jpg

I didn't know they were doing reviews of my genitals!

But yes, I was just about to post that.

kwNa0oKrE8Y

This trailer is full of quotes that should be IGN quotes but somehow aren't.

Are OXM and Qore the new IGN.com?

“If you’ve suffered through six hours of an experience and remain unhappy, you’re either (1) playing a video game, or (2) in prison,” Tom Bissell wrote of The Witcher 2. While many of his complaints of that game are valid enough, that title is everything that Game of Thrones is not: polished, well-written and acted, and quite a lot of fun even if it drags at some points and the combat system is imperfect. But he is right about sitting through an experience that keeps you unhappy. You’re either playing a game or in prison. Or maybe the hospital – though there you likely have drugs.
- Not IGN.com, but man.

"It's as if H. R. Giger and George R. R. Martin took peyote together. And had a baby. And that baby had a fever dream."

-- IGN.com*

"Fanboys will wet their pants, contrarian analysts will wring their hands, message boards will explode in either fury or collective orgasm."

-- IGN.com*

*actually Wired

"There is so much happening here that we literally won't be taking a breath for the next few days" - GameTrailers' E3 livestream

Are OXM and Qore the new IGN.com?

YES! OXM most certainly is. People never noticed because it has a weak online presence, but it uses hyperbole often and gives high ratings for hyped games.

So I got my copy of Darksiders 2 and on the back of the box there is this IGN.com gem:

"Awesome take on the apocalypse."

--IGN.com

i can't watch it again because my bosses boss is sat right behind me and i don't know how suitable for work all the homoeroticism is

i laughed when the evil power rangers witch pops up, perfect comedy timing

"[343 Studios] launches the best kind of protest, which is to wave an impressive, throbbing shooter in your face. Trust me, you want this." -- IGN.com

What does that even mean?!

-- wait. Never mind. I don't actually want to know.

It obviously means that the best kind of protest is to wave a fat dick in somebody's face.