Garple

(IGN.com)

just read that skyrim vs dark souls article...

what the force!?

how much did they get for that advertorial?

They are nuts, described as having "EXPLOSIVE THRUST". Almost as if the product itself were a big, hairy rapist.

I thought of a jet, but I suppose brutal sexual crime works too.

Mike, you realize that IGN has the editor-in-chief that wrote the atrocious Gears of War 3 review I linked to earlier in this post and Dark Souls eats Skyrim's Face piece of total garbage?

Just read this. An article with the premise of "Dark Souls is innovative while Skyrim is stagnant!" could be good, but the actual article was thoughtless and filled with false premises.

Every time I drop into IGN, I emerge mostly unscarred, but you're right, JonCole, that the behavior you describe is unjustifiable.

I thought of a jet, but I suppose brutal sexual crime works too.

I'm not putting that out there as a cutesey rape reference. It's that all of that shit, from their copywriting to gilette adverts with jet fighters or american football players exists very close a really unhealthy zone where masculinity and power are equated rather than just somewhat related.

You can express the missing components with a term as basic as "maturity" or high falutin' as "Apollonian drives", but regardless, it's a lack that's abysmal and pathetic. It's why IGN pull quotes make me both giggle and despair.

I used to think it was a problem specific to gamers, but there are so many other parts of adolescent and adult male culture that suffer in the same way.

Seconded, Destructoid is seriously grating.

Is it just Jim Sterling's fault or the website in general? Because the only articles on there that have instigated internet rage for me are the ones that Jim authored. But then again, he's the only thing that ever gets attention on that website.

Is it just Jim Sterling's fault or the website in general? Because the only articles on there that have instigated internet rage for me are the ones that Jim authored. But then again, he's the only thing that ever gets attention on that website.

I've felt frustrated by a lot of the writing i've seen on Destructoid, but it is mostly Jim Sterling. I mean, i get it, he's being an internet troll, and that's exactly the problem. If there's no sincerity to anything, there's nothing valuable being contributed to the broader dialogue on a topic.

That he also seems to be a genuinely horrible person outside of his troll persona, it makes it an easy choice to just ignore his writing.

Yeah, I tried a Destructoid podcast over a year ago and Sterling spent most of his little "spontaneous" rant saying c**t as many times as he could. What a child.

I think Destructoid tends to be a bit too tabloid in its outlook, which is really saying something, for video games. It's a pity.

To be honest, I don't read Destructoid very often. I mentioned it because I am occasionally forwarded to interesting articles or reviews on there and I don't feel any qualms about clicking those links (as opposed to a link to Kotaku, which I would never click on willingly).

Ugh.

"He seems really excited to get his hands on these little guys, and I'm wondering if certain ASSets are drawing his focus."

"If either of these babies get you nice and hard, you can plunk down 5200 yen (about $67) plus shipping when they arrive in March."

:fart:

Not a parody. Actual IGN content.

Xsd05eGU6YU

I uh... wow. I've generally defended IGN a little as they're usually just doing whatever brings in the fans... but yeah. I don't know. How did anyone think that was worthwhile content? It's not even funny in a stupid way.

I love the stupid grins, they're so amused at their own dumb joke.

That blue Spartan has a lot of junk in the trunk, it seems.

"Facebook games have completely nailed entertainment. The only escapism more perfect is suicide." -- IGN.com

"Facebook games have completely nailed entertainment. The only escapism more perfect is suicide." -- IGN.com

I have a lot of hate and cynicism available for the rest of humanity outside these boards. A lot of bile and anger are contained within my mighty shell.

None of that will even cover this.

E: That entire Twitter account seems like an elaborate troll.

Well, maybe not elaborate.