Garple

(IGN.com)

HT to McBacon @ GAF for finding this one:

"'There's a tendency among the press to attribute the creation of a game to a single person,' says Warren Spector, creator of Thief and Deus Ex." - IGN.com

I wonder if that was done on purpose, oh wait... it's IGN, of course it wasn't.

Some @ed the igndotcom account to say he heard they're suing it/us/someone. I've been unable to find the mention of it in the podcast, but if they are, good luck. It's clearly identified as parody, and any quotation we make of their actual work will fall solidly under fair use.

Also, while scanning through the last few of their podcasts, I found this absolute gem of a quote :)

http://twitter.com/igndotcom/status/5275627402

Edit:

Here's what was said:

http://twitter.com/igndotcom/status/5239655472

@igndotcom I see IGN is bringing you to court?? Was at the end of last scoop podcast,,

I didn't find it in the last 3rd of either of the last two they've done, but I'm kinda busy this week and might have missed the crucial moment.

If it's true, I guess it might be down to the background images? Any chance whoever put up the typewriter image from the thumbs newspaper with "video games" in tiny text could reupload that one?

Some @ed the igndotcom account to say he heard they're suing it/us/someone. I've been unable to find the mention of it in the podcast, but if they are, good luck. It's clearly identified as parody, and any quotation we make of their actual work will fall solidly under fair use.

Also, while scanning through the last few of their podcasts, I found this absolute gem of a quote :)

Edit:

Here's what was said:

http://twitter.com/igndotcom/status/5239655472

I didn't find it in the last 3rd of either of the last two they've done, but I'm kinda busy this week and might have missed the crucial moment.

If it's true, I guess it might be down to the background images? Any chance whoever put up the typewriter image from the thumbs newspaper with "video games" in tiny text could reupload that one?

http://it.will.blow.you.away.igndotcom.info/

I just some listened to some of their Scoopcast to try and find a reference to that but couldn't either. Disappointed!

Yeah that, except there's no actual reference to that in the IGN Game Scoop podcast that I could find.

Thanks to whoever found and tweeted that through the igndotcom account. It's Command Prompt 65, 49m40s

I think they're talking about another, more recent, now nuked and much less funny parody account, which basically had lots of swearing and abuse in it. That account followed @igndotcom and @ed us with "Wannabe", but I blocked them because they were shit. They appeared to be actually trying to pass themselves off as IGN.

Thanks to whoever found and tweeted that through the igndotcom account. It's Command Prompt 65, 49m40s

I think they're talking about another, more recent, now nuked and much less funny parody account, which basically had lots of swearing and abuse in it. That account followed @igndotcom and @ed us with "Wannabe", but I blocked them because they were shit. They appeared to be actually trying to pass themselves off as IGN.

Is there no option to horizontally center-align that background? :shifty::shifty:

"It's so good. It's like you're a man kissing your girlfriend, and you're not even gay." - IGN.com

"This should be the official game of the suicide prevention movement." - IGN.com

"Everything I know, I learned from this game." - IGN.com

"I was making whoopee with my wife when, towards the end, I screamed out her name instead of this game's. Weird." - IGN.com

"It puts the bad back in badass. And ass. So, so much ass. I reluctantly give it a 9.0 out of 10." - IGN.com

Edited by Kroms

Holy crap... only listened it for 2 minutes... awful

Holy crap... only listened it for 2 minutes... awful

Yeah, I used to listen to them long ago, when it was just one podcast. Then they broke it off into separate ones for each console as well as pc gaming. They also have the almost tastefully named "Game Scoop", which was alright for news updates, for a while, but Idle Thumbs ruined all of those casts for me. The PC gaming one, I guess thats what 'command prompt' is, was especially bad from what I recall. But there was an even worse one for retro gaming. Forget what it was called, but its almost worth checking out for the train wreck factor. It was some dude talking in a droll voice about Qbert and playing physically painful-to-listen-to-with-headphones chip tunes to old atari games.

"If you are sick of looking for shields in dungeons, then you are sick of life" -IGN.com

Also check out these hilarious MW2 PC reader reviews. http://rr.pc.ign.com/rrobj/pc/object/14280895/

:0 I'm amazed at how melodramatic some of those are:

"Short campaign. No dedicated servers. 60 dollars. Junk. Save your cash. Short campaign. No dedicated servers. 60 dollars. Junk. Save your cash. Short campaign. No dedicated servers. 60..." <-- I hear urgent Morse code sound effects in the background of this one.

"has been turned into a pile of crap due to lazy devs who could care less about the needs and wants of a community." <-- Laziness: exactly what triple-A title developers have a reputation for.

"What the developers of mw2 have done will go down in history as the biggest back stabbing in gaming history"

SERUSLY THIS GASME BLOWS. WTF WHERE ARE MY DEDICATED SERVERS AND I WONDER WHY I AM NOT GETTING MY GAME ON.

I think this should only be read using Chris' best pedant geek voice:

Still sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks

I am sure this is a great game for the thumb twiddling neanderthals (console gamers), but for the elite of the gaming world (PC gamers) this is an absolute disaster.
i got this game for free and i still feel like i overpayed.

Still, wtf is going on when they give a game a 9.5/10, and the entire community shits on it?

"(at least when it comes to the PC market, a more discerning crowd than their console cousins)." (ign user review of MW2)

FUCK, I hate this shit. Just because we play games on consoles doesn't mean we're stupid. The fact that the above individual reads and uses ign.com says to me he's not

discerning at all in terms of gaming websites.

Also...if this guy (and others like him) don't realize that the PC allows for independent developers to do literally whatever they want in terms of allowing the users freedom, how discerning can he be. Instead of treating this as the death knell of PC gaming, maybe they need to be discerning enough to play lower profile (but just as high in quality) games. Let's face it: Activision doesn't give a shit about anybody and all these guys who are bitching knew there would be a lot of aspects to this game that they really didn't like, but they bought it anyway...they can complain all they want, but it doesn't matter if they've already forked over their cash.

Edited by GrouchoClub

"(at least when it comes to the PC market, a more discerning crowd than their console cousins)." (ign user review of MW2)

FUCK, I hate this shit. Just because we play games on consoles doesn't mean we're stupid. The fact that the above individual reads and uses ign.com says to me he's not

discerning at all in terms of gaming websites.

Ignore them, they are bigoted idiots.