Salka

Pigeons

Listen, pigeons are awesome. Maybe in big feral groups they are assholes, but one-on-one they are totally cool.

I rescued a very young pigeon a few weeks ago. It was dying on the side of the road when I found it, and I immediately said "Hey I found a pigeon! BYE!" and hung up the phone on my boyfriend before he could try to convince me not to keep it.

At first she was dirty, cold, weak and only had about half of the feathers of an adult bird. I whipped out the lil' bird rescue kit from under the sink, and soon she was warm, full of baby birdseed mix, de-mite/flea'd and had been cleaned with a special antibacterial feather cleaning spray.

Anyway, a few weeks of having a shit-and-seed covered bathroom is paying off. She's cool. She can recognise other pigeons in videos and images and will peck their images on my monitor in excitement. She loves watching videos, she likes listening to music, and she likes perching on my hand while she preens herself. And a few hours ago she climbed in the bath with me and took a nice long warm bath. I was totally exploded with cuteness. I just had a bath with a pigeon.

Anyway, you should know that pigeons are very cool birds and if you ever see a baby pigeon dying, you should try to rescue it because they're awesome and you will feel very happy for rescuing such a cool creature.

The only downside is that they take a huge shit approximately every 3 minutes, so beware.

They're ok in my book. People here seem to leave entire loaves of bread for them to eat though, and that probably doesn't improve their image. They don't seem all that cool in a huge swarm competing with seagulls. This one was near our apartment.

I used to like pigeons, till one of them took a crap on my burger.

Things just went downhill from there.

Edited by Kroms

You don't want to see the shit-and-seed covered bathroom. You reaaally don't. (If this pigeon is anything like the last one, anyway.)

The idea of the pigeon becoming obsessed with Youtube videos made me smile for some reason.

I have never had an issue with pigeons. The seagulls I don't understand though.

Yufster, you perpetually gnaw away at my cynicism bit by bit and I can't take it any more! Please, I'm begging you, please stop being so fucking cute. You're killing me :deranged:

Just wait until she starts ranting with the word CUNT over and over again in huge capital letters. It's amazing, like some kind of Jekyll and Hyde transformation.

Rusalka, I expected you to be a lot harsher in real life because of that :tup:

Yufster, you perpetually gnaw away at my cynicism bit by bit and I can't take it any more! Please, I'm begging you, please stop being so fucking cute. You're killing me :deranged:

n669547342_1503322_2704.jpg

Don't think about the Credit Crunch. Don't worry. Just look at this photo.

Oh ho! Kitty photos is it now?

catfaaaaces.gif

Why has it been so long since I've been to b3ta?

Pigeons are dirty fucking flying rats that carry diseases and eat the dodgy shit in the bins outside restaurants and then die and then get cooked with peanuts and sold as 'Chicken' Satay at the Chinese buffet at the bottom of Trafalgar Street.

You should tell that to your fucking pigeon mate and then collect the tears so that I can put them in a birdbath in a park and laugh as I watch all the other stupid fucking pigeons bathe in the tears of their brother who was the only pigeon ever to know the truth about their dirty filthy disgusting race.

:spiraldy:

n669547342_1503322_2704.jpg

That's my favorite photo of you ever.

It's also my favorite photo of Mr. Manager, as it's from the time when he was still cute and cuddly and not ruining people's lives by being a naughty rebellious cat who climbs into curtains, takes his own collar off and generally fucks shit up.

Mr Manager is guilty of professional misconduct?

(For confused onlookers, the black and white cat is named Mr Manager. He was smuggled from Republic of Ireland to England, allegedly as part of a plot to seize the British throne. This plot was subsequently abandoned for unknown reasons).

In Ireland they put stray cats down, so I smuggled Mr Manager into England on a Ferry from Ireland in the dead of night.

We made an incredible 12 hour journey together from Waterford in Ireland, all the way across the sea and then from Wales to Brighton on an overnight train.

He is adorable.

I want to smuggle more animals.

Edited by Yufster

Gosh the dead bird strip is such a classic.

Also, on topic, I think Yufster should train the pigeon to send and receive messages. I always thought that was interesting, but I've never seen it in action. I guess E-mail is easier now.

I have! I saw a guy train hundreds of pigeons at once to fly away and then come back at his whistle. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, although you learn quickly that holding an umbrella is a good idea.

Anyways let's see a picture of the pigeon!

I checked out your other photos (if indeed they are yours) and I have to say, you're an amazing photographer. Glasgow has never looked anything like inviting before :tup: