Scrobbs

FAO Admins

Hey guys. When someone has some time, would it be possible to load a 'Thumbs Light' skin or similar? The reason being, when accessing from the iPhone (or portable device of choice), it is much faster browsing about. Just a thought.

(click the PDA link in the top right there for a more current, less archive-focused version of the forum, using that same formatting)

Oh weird. I clicked the PDA link and then pasted the URL here. I guess it doesn't remember it. Anyway, I intended to link to the PDA version.

Yeah, the PDA thing doesn't seem to change the URL at all. It must be cookie-based or something.

Also, when trying this on my phone, it came up with a login button. I didn't think it was possible to post in that view, but I thought "why not?", and attempted to log in, but that just kept throwing me back to the same screen, so I don't know what's up with that.

Are you guys talking about the printable version? Because I can't find a PDA link anywhere. :blink:

This probably doesn't warrant a new thread so I'll mention it here. For the last few days I've been constantly prompted to login. If I don't delete all my cookies before entering my username and password I just get redirected back to the login page. Once I am logged in I have to delete my cookies and login again whenever I go to another page. Is the problem at my end or have you guys changed something behind the scenes?

I had some free time today so I've done a quick bit of testing. The site works fine in Firefox on Win XP and Fedora, just not on my Ubuntu machine. Even though the settings are all exactly the same :erm:

Other browsers work fine on my Ubuntu box too, so it's the combination of the two for some reason. I'm just going to reinstall Firefox, it's easier than trying to figure out what the bally hell's going on..

It's not the thing where the cookie is stored for www.idlethumbs.net, but you're accessing idlethumbs.net?

Any chance this could be aliased under something more sensible, like m.idlethumbs.net?

Is that the best url you can come up with?!

Haven't you learned anything from this? (which is no longer up to date)